Code of Conduct

Default Memory-Or How I Underestimate Hubby's Nose

I'm always accusing my husband of having a rotten sense of smell, and every once in a while he proves me very wrong. At the beginning of last January, Allen and I took a trip to NYC. We stayed in Manhattan and had all kinds of fun, and it was a very romantic time.

I wore Sira des Indes in the evenings (EnJoy in the daytime), and Sira des Indes proved to be perfect for Broadway and staying up all night...

Shortly after the trip, in a mania of swapping frenzy, I swapped my Sira des Indes, (stupid stupid thing to do) and have regretted it ever since. Recently I posted a request for SdI on the swap boards, and the same lovely swapper to whom I'd swapped my SdI, offered to swap it back! How lucky is that? So, I was able to get my SdI back!

It arrived yesterday. It's been nearly 9 months since I wore it in NY so I was excited. I decided to wear it as my SOTE.

Last night, Allen got in bed, sniffed, and said, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, isn't that the one you wore in NY?" I was shockd that he remembered and related it to that specific time! And he was very happy about me wearing SdI again. "Why don't you wear that one more often," he asked.

There's nothing like olfactory memory, is there?

I am SO HAPPY to have Sira des Indes again. It's even more beautiful than I remembered.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Memory-Or How I Underestimate Hubby's Nose

And now you've made us all feel
    that touching sensation.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

And now you've made us all feel
    that touching sensation.

Default Re: Memory -- Or How I Underestimate Hubby's Nose

I still can't smell Ysatis without remembering one gal I knew who used to wear it as her signature scent. Fortunately, I liked her, as now that delicious frag is all about her and her memory. I'm the same way with Youth Dew (my maternal grandmother), Joy (my Aunt Harvie), Sweet Honesty (my Aunt Janet), Charlie (the older of my two stepsisters), White Shoulders (my stepmother) and Tabu (a very annoying lady in my church when I was a kid). Only the last one has really negative memories for me, and has somewhat ruined Tabu for me as a result.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Great story Tovah.

I don't know what's better... being able to get your bottle back from a swap, or the olfactory memory
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I love your story Tovah ! I tend to not give my husband enough credit for being attentive because he is 99% of the time in his own little world ( the curse of being a scattered genious with ADD) but I know when he does comment on how I smell it is because he really likes the perfume and usually has some good experience associated with it. i always try to remember what he comments on so I can wear it for him.

Basenotes Institution

Great story Tovah - yes I can relate, my boyfriend remembering a scent I wore, flatters me too.

MY husband's memory is a little TOO long. Finally got a decant of Sables and tried it on. He remembered one particular Basenotes review I'd told him about quite some time ago, and he said (upon smelling Sables on me), "Yeah, I can definitely smell the Dr. Pepper note in it."

Needless to say, I was NOT amused. <G>

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

sweet story tovah i love how olfactory memory works

My boyfriend wore L'Eau D'Issey the first time we were intimate(and the first time I was intimate ever) and it makes me remember that scene like it's suspended in time, every time I smell that fragrance... So yes, I think it must be something like an olfactory memory.
    Last edited by Delia; 1st October 2007 at 09:58 AM.