Code of Conduct

Default Montale's Aoud Blossom?

Has anyone tried Aoud Blossom?

According to the component list it doesn't even have any oud/agarwood in it!

Is this a superfloral feminine scent, or does it have a masculine edge to it? Is the jasmine prominent?

notes:
    Bergamot, mandarin from Sicilia, ylang ylang, violet, jasmine sambac, tubereuse, rose, sandalwood, gurjum, white musk
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Montale's Aoud Blossom?

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Has anyone tried Aoud Blossom?

According to the component list it doesn't even have any oud/agarwood in it!

Is this a superfloral feminine scent, or does it have a masculine edge to it? Is the jasmine prominent?
    Yes, I tried it and really liked it. No oud in it...huh? Sure does smell like it does. I would NOT call it a superfloral, although my threshold for flowery scents is pretty high. This is a Montale that a man could wear, if he doesn't overapply.

The jasmine is NOT prominent (neither is the tuberose, for that matter) - I smell more of the rose than any other note, actually.

It's such a coincidence - I just asked sloan_8013 on his C&S rose thread, if he would compare Dark Rose by C&S to Aoud Blossom, since his description of DR sounds like he's describing AB.

That's funny that you just smell the rose - sounds exactly like all the other ones!

I guess like cairomeira said in a difft thread that it's the double distilled sandalwood that resembles oud, like in Attar.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

They don't always list all of the ingredients but the name gives this one away...Aoud Blossom. My bet would be that it does have oud in it.

My mother-in-law wears this one. Quite nice. And yes, there is 'oud in the mix; a very nice 'oud/rose fragrance. One of my favorites from the Montale line.
    You are not your perfume.

i've sampled this and i'll have to agree
    it's aoud and flowers
    though be forewarned:
    the first time i wore it i really enjoyed it
    then one night i decided to just blot a little on my hands to enjoy a refresh late before bed and it nearly smothered me to death
    i've been scared to retry since

I didn't like it and did perceive it as feminine in way I didn't want to wear. I found the white flowers to be quite prominent. They are quite sweet, not like the white florals in the heart of many classic men's concoctions.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

How would you guys compare it vs Attar? More flowery, more feminine?

Hirsch, is Attar also on the feminine side in your view?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

This is definitely feminine to me. I think you will enjoy Aoud Flowers instead. Aoud blossom to me is heavy on the flowers in a way that i just can see a man wearing. Attar is definitely a lot more masculine.

Aoud Flowers? Hmm no info on this one that I can find - how would you describe it vs other Montales? Which flowers? Is Jasmine prominent at all? Is it rose dominated like the others?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Not at all - unless you think rose is a woman's note which I don't. To me Attar is quite masculine, and I'm fairly sure that many others perceive it that way.

I should add that there are quite a few "women's" scents which I am happy to wear, but a few just turn me the wrong way, I'm not really sure why. For example from montales I am happy to wear Oud Roses Petals which some have described as very feminine but find that Aromatic Lime doesn't fit my personal concept of my masculinity. Not really sure why?
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 29th September 2007 at 12:07 AM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

THanks Hirsch - I was wondering because I love attar and am very curious about different florals with the oud, so I wanted to know how it compares.

Hey cairomerta - when you ordered from Switzerland, were you able to get the higher concentrations?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Hey Gaivs. No. I dont think Switzerland has that same ability to do that. I believe it is unique to the Paris flagship store.

My bad. I wrote that my mother-in-law owned this one; actually, she owns Aoud Rose Petals. THAT one is very nice. I have a sample of Aoud Blossom and felt that it was too feminine for me.
    You are not your perfume.

Basenotes Institution

I just re-sniffed my sample and it finally clicked, what Aoud Blossom reminds me of: A.maze by People of the Labyrinths. Not as civet-y, but def' similarities. Coincidentally, A.maze is marketed to women.