Code of Conduct

Thread: Gucci by Gucci

Default Gucci by Gucci

Hi Guys,

I just came from my local Neiman Marcus and had the pleasure to smell it.
    they only had the tester and will recieve the rest on monday. i was really impress. if they had it in stock i probably wouldve bought one. its being promoted as a unisex fragance. i cant stop going back to my wrist heres a link to the perfume..

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...70735cat000732
    Last edited by NELSON29; 29th September 2007 at 01:28 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Gucci by Gucci

Details!

Dark? Light? Fruity? Spicy?

Quote Originally Posted by NELSON29 View Post
    its being promoted as a unisex fragance.
    It seems from the ad below that it's rather marketed for women, which is not surprising to me from the notes:

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...3/3090391.html
    Last edited by Sandy; 29th September 2007 at 03:49 PM.

The bottle looks awesome. I wish it were more like a unisex.

Quick Mike run!! Run like the wind and hurry back with the details!!! I can't go. I have a big exam Monday. I have to study. I'm dying to know what it smells like.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    Quick Mike run!! Run like the wind and hurry back with the details!!! I can't go. I have a big exam Monday. I have to study. I'm dying to know what it smells like.
    OK - so I tried Gucci by Gucci today.

It was the very first fragrance I encountered at Neimans when I walked into the fragrance department (thank goodness the 'Creed people' weren't there...they can be so annoying sometimes). It is not in stock, they just had a tester bottle to smell. They were taking pre-orders for it, though.

So, my thoughts:

- The bottle is really fierce - I don't like the gold chrome charm bracelet thing-y that is around the neck of the bottle (it looks too much like Gucci is trying to copy Coach) but the bottle design itself is substantial and matches the scent perfectly
    - The pear notes at the top smells slightly similar to cola (yes the soda) - it made me think of that thread here on Basenotes. When I told the SA at Neimans this, she giggled then proceeded to smell my arm where I sprayed it and said, 'You're right, it does smell like Coke!'. Don't let this turn you off from GbG, I say 'it smells like cola' in a good way. I love the way Coke smells!
    - The pear notes (which are not bright by the way) sort of change into the heart of the fragrance that I must say reminds me of chocolate. I sort of had a very strong association to the smell of Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes (minus the orange and the sea salt...if that makes sense). Sparkly chocolate (?) tempered by something amber-y and soft woods.
    - Sillage and longevity are average
    - Basenotes is where GdG underperforms, in my opinion. It doesn't really go anywhere exciting in the drydown. Really light woods (perhaps cedar, but perhaps some musk also). This might be due to the excessively humid (rainy) climate today in Miami - so I will have to re-test this again to see if the same thing happens.
    - I would classify GbG as a light gourmand (translation: I think you'll like this if you don't like your scents too sweet), and definitely unisex. I walked over to the mens fragrance counter and immediately received a compliment on the scent (from the L'Artisan Parfumeur rep!) GbG will show its true strength in autumn, at night. I think it would be the perfect scent to wear to a nightime holiday party, dressed up, a slight chill in the air - especially somewhere where food will be served.
    - I also noticed that Gucci has come out with a hardcover coffee table style book, entitled Gucci by Gucci, perhaps as a tie-in with the release of the fragrance. Apparently the books recaptures the visual history of Gucci (link here): http://www.amazon.com/Gucci-Sarah-Mower/dp/0865651795
    - Did I mention that David Lynch shot the Gucci by Gucci commercial/ad campaign? I am a die hard David Lynch fan!
    - The price: $80 for the 50 ml (pre-order for now)

Thanks Mike!!! I knew you would come through. You are so right, the Creed people can be very annoying. No matter what you want to smell, they have a Creed for that. I want to smell this, but I should smell this Creed instead. AAARRGGHH!!

This is perfect because I drink Coca Cola for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everytime in between. This sounds perfect. I hope it likes me. If I pass this test, I feel that I should reward myself with this....giggle. As if.....I needed to accomplish something to buy perfume lol!!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    Thanks Mike!!! I knew you would come through. You are so right, the Creed people can be very annoying. No matter what you want to smell, they have a Creed for that. I want to smell this, but I should smell this Creed instead. AAARRGGHH!!

This is perfect because I drink Coca Cola for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everytime in between. This sounds perfect. I hope it likes me. If I pass this test, I feel that I should reward myself with this....giggle. As if.....I needed to accomplish something to buy perfume lol!!
    As if.

I bought a bottle last night on Ebay (even though this is not in stores) and I should have it in a couple days! I couldn't resist.

Thank you so much for the link. It made my morning. David Lynch + Blondie = Genius!

Basenotes Institution

Just read a blurb in The New Zealand Herald (from a week-or-so ago) that...

"This week, Gucci literally put fragrance ahead of fashion when it screened the new television advertisement for its latest scent before its catwalk show.

Directed by David Lynch, the ad stars three models who writhe around miming to Blondie's Heart of Glass. Only after the clip was broadcast to the audience could the fashion show begin"

Link here: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/6/...ectid=10466446

Is this available in Canada yet???

Is it out yet? I'm very intrigued by my first encounter with it from the scent strip in W.