Code of Conduct

Default What is comparably as good as Givenchy Organza?

She bought the large size for economical value and refuses to buy anything else until she runs out, which will probably be a long time from now even though she spritzes throughout the day. I want to spoil her with a few other scents so that she can alternate and enjoy a wider range. What do you gals think I should get? She'll be wearing them to work in an open-area space where she does pc board assembly and testing. I'm a guy and have no good nose to come up with anything. I hope you all can come up with something, the search key didn't bring up much on this Organza perfume!

Default Re: What is comparably as good as Givenchy Organza?

First of, thanks for being such a good guy/friend and your question. I seriously doubt that she will be wearing Organza to work every day -- like most Givenchys it has a superb lasting power and despite its name it is not weighless at all. Quite the opposite -- Organza is a heavy spicy oriental scent on a sweet vanilla base. She would either use the miniscule amounts of it or skip a day or two. Otherwise, her co-workers will suffer even in an open space where they wash/inspect the boards.

What else? A trip to the mall for testing, sniffing, spraying and having fun. A bunch of samples brought home from that trip to further test and decide. An order of other samples from online stores like Scented Monkey, Aedes, LaCreme Beauty and Luckyscent. A converstaion with her about what she likes in Organza -- its snuggly character or its boldness and spicyness.

Depending on her answers, you can go with other enveloping cuddly scents like:
    Boucheron Initial, Trouble and pour Femme,
    Chopard Casmir, Wish,
    Bond Chinatown,
    Lancome Hypnose, Hypnoitic Poison, Midnight Poison,
    L'Artisan Jour de Fete, Vanille,
    CSP Matin Calin,
    YSL Opium, Cinema,
    Chanel Coco, Allure Sensuelle,
    Molinard Nirmala,
    Donna Karan Cashmere Mist,
    Patrik Mauboussin pour Femme,
    CDG Sweet Series,

or go in a totally different direction with a light floral/green/citrucy scent
    L'Artisan La Chasse Aux Papillons, Drole de Rose,
    most Annick Goutals,
    Estee Lauder Pleasures,
    Clinique Happy,
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue,
    Guerlain Aqua Allegorias,
    Hermes Hiris,
    Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, etc etc etc.

Good luck and pelase let us know what you guys have decided on!
    Last edited by Twolf; 2nd October 2007 at 11:52 AM.

Default Re: What is comparably as good as Givenchy Organza?

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Depending on her answers, you can go with other enveloping cuddly scents like:

Boucheron Trouble,
    Dior Hypnotic Poison, Midnight Poison,
    Chanel Coco
    Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

or go in a totally different direction with a light floral/green/citrusy scent
    I agree with Twolf-- You have two choices. Either get something similar to Organza, or something different for a different mood.

I second the suggestions that I have quoted above, and for other similarly themed scents, I would add:

Armani Sensi
    Burberry Brit
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
    L'Artisan Ambre Extreme
    L'Artisan Premier Figuer
    Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise
    Dior Dolce Vita
    Dior Addict
    Bvlgari BLV Notte
    Gucci Rush
    Guerlain L'Instant

For different things, I would have no idea where to start. Something you like might be a good idea, if you're involved. Otherwise, if you don't like the shopping trip idea, and would rather surprise her (I'm of that mind, myself), start up an innocent discussion about things you like to smell (e.g. burning leaves, that smell after a rain, brownies baking, pine sol...), and then post her answers for us to run wild!
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay