Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thumbs up Montale's crazy sale - What did you order - What did you get FREE?

Just curious to know what did you order & what did you get FREE with your order.

I just wish to know if the freebies are in quid pro quo with your order or have they just been thrown randomly (value wise).

It would be easy to compare if during posting the following pattern is followed:

Bottles Ordered & contents (with total value excl. shipping)

Bottles Received FREE (please mention contents)

I have still not received anything against my 2 orders yet . Its been 12 days since i got the despatch confirmation against my 1st order yet there is no sign of the package.

I will update here whenever i get the packages.

Ok...here we go.....

gupts

Default Re: Montale's crazy sale - What did you order - What did you get FREE?

Ordered 100ml of Attar and 50ml of Patchouli leaves (100USD value?)

Received 100ml of Fougeres Marines and 100 ml of Embruns d'Essaouira, and also received 28 samples. Jackpot!!
    Last edited by Circa1905; 30th September 2007 at 12:23 AM.

Black Aoud 100ml & Roses Musk 100ml Retail value $410.00 US Paid $160.00 US

Aoud Damascus 50ml Retail Value $150.00 US

I love all three. Perfect!!

Two more orders are on the way. This first one took 10 calendar days from shipment to receipt.
    Last edited by loungeboy; 30th September 2007 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy View Post

Two more orders are on the way. This first one took 10 calendar days from shipment to receipt.
    Incredible .. all three juices are great Montales !
    -

i haven't heard of roses musk. can you please describe it (including longevity). THANKS!

In general I love the rose/musk combo and the Montale version is no exception. There is no great mystery here, the frag is pretty much rosey musk. It's a wonderful clean, green, citrusy "middle eastern" kind of rose, not a "tea rose". The frag is all roses at first but the warm, sweet musk soon appears and intensifies over time. This is one of the most long lasting edps I have ever tried and it outlasts even many of the frag oils I use. Roses Musk still smells sublime even after 12 hours....and I don't mean that you have to stick your nose on your skin to smell it...your wonderful musky aura tells you it is still going strong.
    To me the miracle of this scent is how light it is. Like its "aoud" sibling, Aoud Damascus, Roses Musk is very airy, light and fresh. It does not follow the deep dark chypre path of Black Aoud and Aoud Rose Petals which makes it very easy to wear.

Bottles Ordered & contents (with total value excl. shipping):

3 Black Aoud
    1 Blue Amber
    1 Aromatic Lime
    1 Taif Roses
    1 Crystal Flowers

Total Value = "priceless"

1 Aoud Rose Petals
    1 Oud Ambre

dispatched on 19 Sept -> arrived 29 Sept
    non-priority shipping to California USA
    arrived via FedEx Express
    Last edited by zeram1; 1st October 2007 at 08:49 PM.
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

omg omg omg.. today is 10 days since my first shipment. my fingers are crossed for something to get home to.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    omg omg omg.. today is 10 days since my first shipment. my fingers are crossed for something to get home to.
    Good luck! I'll bet it comes today.....
    Last edited by loungeboy; 1st October 2007 at 08:57 PM.

Weird.. I got my second order today. It was just a bottle of Black Aoud that only shipped on the 26th. That's crazy fast. I hope the first one comes soon though!

This order was just a 100ml Black Aoud (Value $210)
    Total paid after shipping and fees, $93

Freebie: a 50ml of Skin.

I ordered 100ml Black Aoud and Aoud Limes

Got 50ml Skin

was slightly hoping for more...

Ordered 100 ml of Attar and 100ml of Black Aoud

Received 100 ml of Royal Aoud

Two samples of every Aoud montale makes. Awesome

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post

Ordered 100 ml of Attar and 100ml of Black Aoud

Received 100 ml of Royal Aoud

Two samples of every Aoud montale makes. Awesome

TNMA
    Jackpot!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys. Can you let me know what the name was that appeared on your credit card statement when the card was charged for this order. I still have not received a confirmation email for my order but i have a charge on my card that is for an amount for more than i ordered. But i was charged in switzerland. This would be a great help. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Hey guys. Can you let me know what the name was that appeared on your credit card statement when the card was charged for this order. I still have not received a confirmation email for my order but i have a charge on my card that is for an amount for more than i ordered. But i was charged in switzerland. This would be a great help. Thanks.
    It appears as 'GD SA MONTANA CHE' on my credit card statement and ofcourse the amount debited is in AUS $ coz thats where i am.

Its been more than 24hrs when my credit card was debited, yet there isnt any confirmation email from them. The way they are handling their customers is just so putting off.

gupts

Mine says GOLF DISTRIBUTION GD SA.

Do you think this is it.

Do you think this is it.
    Well 'GD SA' is surely in common so it does appear that this could be it.
    Also you know the value of your order and if it is fairly close to your estimated order value then it would be conclusive proof.
    Keep in mind that due to fluctuating exchange rates and fees the actual amount debited to your credit card could be slightly higher than your estimate.

gupts

Do you think this is it.
    Yup, that's it. I think the additional amount is a customs fee? Mine was a few bucks more on each order than the cart amount.

Cool. Thanks guys. I appreciate your help on this. It eased my mind for sure.

Yup, that's it. I think the additional amount is a customs fee? Mine was a few bucks more on each order than the cart amount.

Robbie....i doubt if its customs duty. Customs duty wouldn't be a few bucks on a 200$ order...besides how can they charge customs even before shipping it...and if they do so they should follow the same procedure for all orders...i did speak with another basenoter here (he is in the US) and he has got his order without any custom duty charges...plus my credit card got debited only for the order amount...its a different story that i haven't received any of my 2 orders yet...

I wish there were someone at Montale to give us all the information we need.

gupts

Yeah, I have no idea I just cross my fingers and close my eyes.
    And I feel your package pain.. I'm still waiting on my first package (11 days now), but got my second one 5 days after it shipped.

Question Re: Montale's crazy sale - What did you order - What did you get FREE?

Yeah, I have no idea I just cross my fingers and close my eyes.
    And I feel your package pain.. I'm still waiting on my first package (11 days now), but got my second one 5 days after it shipped.
    I have placed 3 orders, and received the last one after three bussiness days later, but still waiting the first two orders.(8 days and counting)

FYI:I have got a free 50 ml SKIN EDP with my 100 ml Black AOUD order.

Thumbs up Re: Montale's crazy sale - What did you order - What did you get FREE?

I ordered a 100ml of Aoud Hoggar Mota(Steam oud) and received a 100ml of Embruns d'Essaouira as my freebie. Got here fast too. 5 days. Oh, and the package had been opened and appeared to have had a rough time.
    Last edited by mstrocovie; 2nd October 2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: add on

Ordered 100 ml Black Oud and received as bonus 50 ml Skin. Took a week to arrive.

Looks like they are bundling Skin as a freebie with most orders...its nice to get a freebie but I hope they give me something else instead (ordered 100ml Aoud Damascus, shipped today)
    -

Ordered a 100 ml Black Oud and received a 50 ml bottle of Skin as an extra. I received it today (about a week after I ordered).
    Last edited by acjigga; 2nd October 2007 at 06:53 PM.

I don't feel so bad anymore, although it will be nice when things have come to fruition for all.

I ordered a bottle of Black Aoud last tuesday, my credit card was charged on thursday, but I have never received any email except for the one immediately after placing the order.

Sound like some people get a shipping confirmation email a few days after that first email with their order number, no? But at the same time others aren't? Most puzzling.

Also, seems like there isn't anyone returning emails... that or they are just overloaded somehow; I've asked for some sort of communication, any communication, to assure me that I am, indeed, getting what I've been charged for, but to no avail.

Congrats to all of you with this swag they are sending, though! Even within those stories it seems all over the place!

Dear God, if I do receive a free bottle or two, please make sure I don't get Skin or Embruns d'Essaouira...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Dear God, if I do receive a free bottle or two, please make sure I don't get Skin or Embruns d'Essaouira...
    Really? I love my bottle of Sandalsliver/Skin! It's great on me... I do hope I don't get a repeat though

Ordered Black Aoud and Vetiver des Sables (a week ago). Still no confirmation e-mail about shipping. They didn't answer my message and I don't know if my CC is charged. They don't pick up the phone (called 6 times). Freebees? I'll be more than happy, if I receive my order :-(
    --------------------------------------
    By the way, Golf Distribution GD SA has a site with their e-mail address only: http://www.gdsa.ch/
    Last edited by iggy; 2nd October 2007 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Guys, any of you received Sandflowers as an extra with your order? I did and would like to know how it smells but don´t want to open mine since it is intended as a present? Just in case anybody had already tried it and can say what it is alike.

To answer the question - ordered Sweet Oriental Dreams 50 ml, received it with the above mentioned 50 ml SAndflowers.
    Last edited by Alicka61; 2nd October 2007 at 08:32 PM.

Got my other order in today (WOO!) Only one more order to go.

Here's the tally:

Ordered:
    100ml Black Aoud
    100ml Soleil de Capri
    100ml Aoud Queen Roses

Paid $240 (including $32 shipping, fees, etc)
    Value $555 (NOT including shipping, tax, etc)

Freebies!!
    50ml Skin/Sandalsliver
    100ml Vetiver des Sable
    100ml Embruns D'Essaouira

Paid: $0
    Value: $270

I also got 18 various samples, which at luckyscent.com's $3 each price, value: $54

And it is true that you can still order, just gotta do it by email or fax (and can take a couple days to hear back). I'm placing one last order (wish I had just done all three at once and not paid so much shipping, but I can hardly complain).

Order #1, ordered 9/20, shipped 9/21, received today, 10/2
    Order #2, ordered 9/25, shipped 9/26, received yesterday 10/1

Just curious about the reason behind the sale...is Montale closing shop ?
    -

It was just the Swiss shop.. they're changing it over to nejma-parfums(.com)

Still waiting for 2 of my orders. I placed the last order this past Saturday and finally got a shipping notice today. Yeah!
    The 2nd order was shipped on the 24th so it is 8 days and counting for that one.
    I've been wearing my free Aoud Damascus since getting it and think I am in love.
    Last edited by loungeboy; 3rd October 2007 at 12:08 AM.

Ordered 100ml of Aoud Lime and Blue Amber and got a free 50ml of Orient Extreme.

Did anyone besides me get a Royal Aoud as a freebie???

As a side note, I'm rather disappointed with my Attar; its not as strong as I had envisioned. Too date, I'm not a fan of the Royal Aoud. Based on the gabillion samples as well, I don't think I'll enjoy that Roses Petals I ordered. Damascus is wayyyy too feminine for me, so I'll save that as a Christmas gift for someone. This is what happens when you buy blind!

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I feel your pain! I got tons of samples from Vijay last year and tried all of the oud series and then promptly put them away. When I tried them a month ago, I loved several of the more rosey ones. I think Roses Petals is fantastic and a guy could definitely wear it. I wore Attar to a party the other night and just loved it (no comments one way or the other but who cares?). I also love Royal Oud even though I don't remember what it smells like. Maybe I am just addicted to oud?

My 2nd order was waiting for me at home.
    My order of Patchouli Leaves, Attar, and Soliel de Capri also came with a 100 ml of Vetiver des Sables and what can best be described as a velvet purse with the word "Montale" spelled out in rhinestones!!
    I would have much preferred some more samples.

DAMMIT! It's too late now. I went to the site and it's switched over to the other perfume line. It makes me mad because I tried to get an order in but their website was a piece of crap. I really, really want to get a bottle of Aoud Lime-- I've been wearing a sample for a week and it's great. But I'm not going to pay retail for it.

Indie_Guy! Chin up
    You can still order and pay via paypal. Send an email to Florence at info@parfums-montale.com and tell 'em Robbie sent ya haha.
    Seriously though.. I did and I have a bottle of Roses Musk, White Musk, and Crystal Flowers shipping out tomorrow. Email and inquire about what you want and they'll send you a total back that you can pay via paypal (noting your order in the notes).

As was pointed out to me, don't worry if you don't hear back right away. Florence is swamped. It might take a day or two to hear back! They do still have Aoud Lime so keep trying. They are also about 7 hours ahead (depending on where you are in the US).
    Last edited by paintrman; 3rd October 2007 at 09:12 PM.

Oh yeah baby. I just got my order and i got hoooooooked up!

Recap what I ordered:
    100ml Aoud Flowers
    100ml Aoud Rose Petal
    100ml Aoud Damascus

Received Extra:
    100ml Soliel De Capri
    100ml Royal Aoud
    100ml Aoud Cuir d'Arabie
    Crap load of Samples

Damn they were good to me!!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 3rd October 2007 at 11:30 PM.

Lucky Duck! I paid for my Soleil De Capri and the bottle was even missing the sticker! (had to swipe one from a sample)
    I've got one more order to come.. hopefully it's a good one I probably would have done much better with a consolidated order rather than a bunch of smaller ones (I guess I love to pay shipping?)

Smile Re: Montale's crazy sale - What did you order - What did you get FREE?

Recap what I ordered:
    100ml Aoud Flowers
    100ml Aoud Rose Petal
    100ml Aoud Damascus

Received Extra:
    100ml Soliel De Capri
    100ml Royal Aoud
    100ml Aoud Cuir d'Arabie
    Crap load of Samples

Ka-ching!
    Nice haul!

I couldn't believe it. I just kept on pulling out bottle after bottle. I was in shock!!
    I just kept on pulling out bottle after bottle man. It was ridiculous. That sure as hell made my day!!!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 3rd October 2007 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I couldn't believe it. I just kept on pulling out bottle after bottle. I was in shock!!
    I just kept on pulling out bottle after bottle man. It was ridiculous. That sure as hell made my day!!!
    Damn dude, sounds like one of those prop boxes of Carrot Top...except that this one's filled with goodies !
    -

HAAHAHAHAH serious man. That is exactly what it was like. HAAHAHAH thats funny!!

Ordered:
    100ml White Aoud
    100ml Aromatic Lime

Freebies:
    50ml Aoud Cuir D'Arabie
    100ml Fougeres Marines

50% percent off retail and freebies to boot. Me thinks we all scored! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Order # 1 Dt. Sept. 18, 2007

100mL Black Aoud
    100mL Aoud Lime

Received

NIL ---

Order # 2 Dt Sept 29, 2007

100mL Attar
    100mL Aoud Rose Petals

Received

-- NIL

After frantic emails to Montale, finally i received a response from them. They have asked me to wait until the beginning of the next week and if nothing arrives they have committed to send another parcel with the goodies.

Never before have i waited so desperately for any package to be delivered.

Anyone else experiencing delays from Montale?

gupts

Recap what I ordered:
    100ml Aoud Flowers
    100ml Aoud Rose Petal
    100ml Aoud Damascus

Received Extra:
    100ml Soliel De Capri
    100ml Royal Aoud
    100ml Aoud Cuir d'Arabie
    Crap load of Samples

Now that's what I call quite good
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Indie_Guy! Chin up
    You can still order and pay via paypal. Send an email to Florence at info@parfums-montale.com and tell 'em Robbie sent ya haha.
    Seriously though.. I did and I have a bottle of Roses Musk, White Musk, and Crystal Flowers shipping out tomorrow. Email and inquire about what you want and they'll send you a total back that you can pay via paypal (noting your order in the notes).
    Thanks for the advice! I just sent them an email-- I'll be patient. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I just sent them an email-- I'll be patient. Fingers crossed.
    I just did and I got a reply within an hour. I'm getting Black Aoud and Aoud Cuir d'Arabie!
    Arte et labore

Quote Originally Posted by viktorov View Post
    I just did and I got a reply within an hour. I'm getting Black Aoud and Aoud Cuir d'Arabie!
    yeah, I got a quick reply too!

I didn't want to send them my credit card info, so I sent paypal payment to their email address. I hope this was correct. I haven't used paypal in a while...

I didn't want to send them my credit card info, so I sent paypal payment to their email address. I hope this was correct. I haven't used paypal in a while...
    I sent them the CC number. :-/ But I am sure that will be ok. And I cancelled the Cuir d'Arabie, I put it on my arm again, and got second thoughts, it is not very all round. Quite over the top actually. But nevertheless a great scent... I can't wait!
    Arte et labore

The address she gave me for paypal was paypal@parfums-montale.com.. hopefully they have their regular email set up for that too!

Well, I've received no notification of my order and it's been over a week. However, going by previous posts, it seems their service is all over the place at the moment. Anyway, the suspense is quite exciting!

Mmmm... I think as compensation, I should be allowed to choose which freebie will be added to my package.

Cool Re: Montale's crazy sale - What did you order - What did you get FREE?

I wrote on Monday with my request and today got two emails! One just letting me know what they had available of what I want...Black Aoud (yes!) and Greyland, and the second a paypal request. I clicked on it and within 30 seconds I was done. I should have also ordered Cuir d'Arabie but good grief, even with the sale how much do I really need? OK, I definitely should have ordered the Cuir...

At these prices I'd love to score another bottle or two of Roses Musk but they would be so old by the time I even got to them who know if they'd even be good anymore?
    With what I ordered (and the free gifts) if I wear nothing but Montale for the next year I'll probably still have lots to go!
    I'm not complaining though....I really am loving this line.

At these prices I'd love to score another bottle or two of Roses Musk but they would be so old by the time I even got to them who know if they'd even be good anymore?
    With what I ordered (and the free gifts) if I wear nothing but Montale for the next year I'll probably still have lots to go!
    I'm not complaining though....I really am loving this line.
    How is roses musk?

I also e-mailed montale. They said Rose Petals was out of stock from the sale. So I wouldn't expect anyone to get that as a free gift.