Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Re: Montale's crazy sale - What did you order - What did you get FREE?

I'd be willing to bet that any mixup might be a result of a customs guy somewhere being a selfish prick
    I placed three orders (one of which just paypal after talking to Florence), and received all three.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Thanks to everyone for advice!

Finally I was able to contact Florence by phone (this morning)
    and I have to say, she's really very friendly lady. I called
    +41 27 321 27 92 and she answered me immidiatelly.
    I gave her my address and my order/payment details.
    She asked me too if I would like to get samples of Nejma parfums.
    Anyway, I sent my details to their new e-mail address [email protected]
    and I hope, she'll solve problems with my order. As she said,
    their old e-mail address [email protected] is no more valid.

Time to come out of the closet. This was probably really stupid, just motivated by bargain greed and all you guys bragging about your free gifts .
    I ordered (blind) Aoud Damascus and Patchouli Leaves. Damascus, as I now know from a sample I just got from another basenoter, is a pleasant rose-skin scent, quite subtle, a bit soapy, the oud disappearing rather quickly, and I find it totally boring. Hoping for Patchouli Leaves and a great freebie. My package is stuck at customs and I have to make a stupid trip to way down yonder to pick it up. Without counting freebies (probably sandflowers, hopefully some Nejma samples) savings will be:
    Retail Order
    Aoud Damascus €122 CHF 93
    Patchouli Leaves € 50 CHF 43
    Shipping 25
    Duties 27.37

total € 172 112.47 = € 59.53
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Ordered:

Aoud Lime - 100ml
    Cuir D' Arabie - 50ml

Order placed 29 September
    Card charged and order number issued 1st October
    Shipping confirmation 1st October

Items received: Nil

Replys to numerous e-mails sent to the various addresses in this thread, in the last few days:
    Nil

Even allowing for the UK postal strike,this is worrying.

I think I placed an order for Black Aoud and Greyland on the same day! Don't worry, mine hasn't come in yet either. Although, I do live a lot farther away from them than you do. I just figure that it will take some time since they were busy with their sale and switching over their website.

Called Florence on the # mentioned by iggy above....

Told her its been almost a month and i haven't recd. none of my orders yet.... She said since its a month i assume they are lost now so i will send it again....I wonder how can they just assume that the parcels are lost....and not one but two of them....highly unlikely i would say.....Hopefully i should receive my packets soon....I asked her if she could send a free bottle of Royal Aoud but they've run out of it....Instead its Royal Musk thats coming in.....

Can't wait patiently for these packets from switzerland now.....

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Called Florence on the # mentioned by iggy above....

Told her its been almost a month and i haven't recd. none of my orders yet.... She said since its a month i assume they are lost now so i will send it again....I wonder how can they just assume that the parcels are lost....and not one but two of them....highly unlikely i would say.....Hopefully i should receive my packets soon....I asked her if she could send a free bottle of Royal Aoud but they've run out of it....Instead its Royal Musk thats coming in.....

Can't wait patiently for these packets from switzerland now.....

gupts
    It would be nice if the new ones and the lost ones show up for ya! Good luck.

You know, it may be that US Post actually opened the parcel and when they saw it was perfume, switched it from Airmail to Ground, and thus it'll take longer to arrive.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sa Majesté La Rose

Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

"Nous vous confirmons l'expédition de votre commande numéro xxxxxxx"

I thought this is meant to be a shipping confirmation, isn't it?
    But that is simply not possible:
    My swiss shipping address would have received after 3 days, but it has taken two weeks and three days.
    So in my case the package was sent two weeks after I got the shipping confirmation mail. Probably a logistical error in the Montale system that they send the shipping confirmation on the same day as they got the order. Probably would be alright under normal circumstances, but not when hundreds of orders go in a day. Add some time for actual delivery times and maybe customs involved, you get easily more than a month in some cases, which wouldn't even be a delay.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 15th October 2007 at 07:19 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

OK, so your thread has been making my wallet itch with greed.
    Do you think there's any point in me emailing Florence to see if she's got any stock left?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

By the way I got Vanille Absolue as one freebie.
    And that isn't a good one ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Well, I'm hoping to receive mine tomorrow. These UK postal strikes have been too much to bear. If I don't get it tomorrow, the only way to satisfy my curiosity of Aoud Ambre (blind purchase) would be to pop down to the Montale store in Paris because, after tomorrow, that's where I'll be for a few days.

I bet you anything it turns up on the day of my departure...

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    OK, so your thread has been making my wallet itch with greed.
    Do you think there's any point in me emailing Florence to see if she's got any stock left?

Well if you are looking for a good deal on the Montale's, you can surely try mailing her. Though i think calling her is a better option coz i don't think she really responds to her mail.

If she is mailing my order today, i am sure she has got some leftover stock.
    The # where you can call her is +41 273 212 792

gupts

My second order finally reached me:
    100ml of Black Aoud. ($96 total payment)

With it was a box of three 5ml roller vials of Wood & Spices, Intense Tiare, and
    Oud Queen Rose. I liked the Wood & Spices.The other two go to my wife.
    Nice for travel these days.

I'm starting to get ticked off. I ordered my stuff around October 4th and haven't heard a damn thing since. What irritates me is that I got a response to my initial email within a half an hour-- I posted my payment to paypal on the 4th and the records indicate that the transaction was completed-- and the money was debited from my bank account.

I never got acknowlegment of my order, nor any confirmation or shipping info. Squat. I sent a few more emails. Nothing. Then yesterday I sent an email to the new email address. Nothing still. I don't like calling people on the phone, but that may be what I have to do. Christ, I don't care if it takes some time to get here, but I just want to know if it IS or ISN'T on the way. Instead of throwing free shit at people, why don't they just do a little better job of communicating. It's not like that's asking a lot.

I'm giving them two more days and then I'm getting on the phone.

Indie Guy, mine took a lot longer than 3 weeks to come in, just so you know. I'm not condoning the lack of customer service but it does take a awhile it seems.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

My Package has finally arrived today and I am in total AWE!!!!
    Items ordered:
    100 ml Aoud Lime
    50 ml Attar
    50 ml Patchoulie Leaves

Free bottles included in the packageAll of them sealed in boxes)
    3x 50 ml Patchoulie Leaves
    1x 100 ml Aoud lime
    1x 50 ml Aoud Ambre

PS:I urge whose packages haven't arrived yet to call Florence and request to send them again.That is what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by fragrancalmeditation View Post
    My Package has finally arrived today and I am in total AWE!!!!
    Items ordered:
    100 ml Aoud Lime
    50 ml Attar
    50 ml Patchoulie Leaves

Free bottles included in the packageAll of them sealed in boxes)
    3x 50 ml Patchoulie Leaves
    1x 100 ml Aoud lime
    1x 50 ml Aoud Ambre

PS:I urge whose packages haven't arrived yet to call Florence and request to send them again.That is what I did.
    @ fragrancalmeditation

Florence has been extremely generous to you...makes me wonder why?

I wish she is half as generous to me as she was to you when she arranges despatch of my orders.

gupts

Smile Re: Montale's crazy sale - What did you order - What did you get FREE?

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    @ fragrancalmeditation

Florence has been extremely generous to you...makes me wonder why?

I wish she is half as generous to me as she was to you when she arranges despatch of my orders.

gupts
    gupts,
    I really don't know the reason but I do not complain,LOL.I just email bombarded her and called just once.

I hope she will be generous to you just as me.

This is kind of stupid, but I was going to call and then I realized I've never made an international call before and I have no idea how to do it.

I'm in the USA, and I looked on Verizon's (I only have my cell phone) site and I don't see Switzerland listed as a company that I can place a call to. The phone #'s that I've seen here are 11 digits-- I thought there was supposed to be 10.

Help!

Update--my phone wasn't set up for international dialing and I can't get it added until 6AM-- so I guess I'll have to wait to call. this sux.
    --------------------------------------
    2nd update--OK, I got my international dialing set up on my phone and from the USA I dialed 011 41 27 321 2792.

I didn't get a dial tone, but rather something similar to a busy signal, but not quite. It was one tone every three seconds. Can anybody give me advice?
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 18th October 2007 at 11:22 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Montale's crazy sale - What did you order - What did you get FREE?

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    This is kind of stupid, but I was going to call and then I realized I've never made an international call before and I have no idea how to do it.

I'm in the USA, and I looked on Verizon's (I only have my cell phone) site and I don't see Switzerland listed as a company that I can place a call to. The phone #'s that I've seen here are 11 digits-- I thought there was supposed to be 10.

Help!

Update--my phone wasn't set up for international dialing and I can't get it added until 6AM-- so I guess I'll have to wait to call. this sux.
    2nd update--OK, I got my international dialing set up on my phone and from the USA I dialed 011 41 27 321 2792.

I didn't get a dial tone, but rather something similar to a busy signal, but not quite. It was one tone every three seconds. Can anybody give me advice?
    Indie_guy
    41 is the international code of switzerland, just dial
    00 41 27 321 2792
    it would be OK

I think the sound I heard was just the Swiss ringback-- meaning nobody's there (I figured this out by looking at a site with technical info-- it gives the length, frequency etc of every country's telephone specific data-- The ringback tone in Switzerland is listed at 425Hz, I know the musical note "A" is 440 Hz, and so I played A flat on my piano whilst listening to the tone at the other end (I'm a musician)-- 425 HZ is closer to A flat than A-- So my deductions lead me to believe that...there's nobody there...

I guess I'll have to keep trying. Maybe they're on lunch break.

I can't believe what a nerd I am-- but I'm determined!
    Yes! She answered the phone-- She sounded very nice --I'm glad she speaks English, she answered in French... She's checking her records and is sending me an email.

Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 18th October 2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Good luck Indie, I am still waiting for my order as well. It has been weeks but I will give them until next week before I call.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    Good luck Indie, I am still waiting for my order as well. It has been weeks but I will give them until next week before I call.

It is a better idea to call them without delaying. Chances are Florence will say that i think the parcel is lost but i will send another one. I really don't know how they can lose so many parcels and they accept it so casually and send another one without investigating.

I called her 3 days ago and she said she's got my no. on her cell and she will call back in 10minutes. She didnt call back for 2 hours. I called her back. Then she said that she's emailed me already. I checked my mail and there wasn't any. I called her the 3rd time and she said that she can't find my mail id. So i mailed her again while i was over the phone and ensured she got my email. She confirmed she did and said that she will arrange to send it again and give me a tracking number.

3 days have elapsed and i have not got my tracking number yet. I did mail her yesterday and thankfully she responded saying the parcel will be shipped directly from Geneva and that she will mail me my tracking no. the same day. 40 hours later i still have NOTHING.

I don't want to be too pushy but it surely is making me restless. If this purchase was on ebay it'd be so easy to sort things out. I just cannot digest how these people are so callous towards their customers who have placed orders valuing $400. I just hope that eventually i will get my bottles. I have never ever waited so desperately for any other parcel. This one just refuses to show up in the mail.

My suggestion is call them, if its more than 3 weeks already.

gupts

I am amazed at how Florence can expect to run a business with such a callous attitude. I was wondering how she could keep resending the missing orders, as she has limited stock left.

I sent her six e-mails asking for the available stock list, as well as ordering a few more bottles, using both the old and the new e-mail addresses, but she never replied. I am fed up with her and I will order direct from Paris, they have a much better service; not worth the price difference. One can get good deals from Paris.
    Last edited by alaya; 18th October 2007 at 03:56 PM.

After being relieved at getting Florence on the phone, I'm starting to worry again. When I spoke to her, she sounded polite, but also a bit rushed. She seemed to want to get off the phone quickly and she insisted that she would be sending me an email in 5 minutes. I never got an email. I'm having the same experience Gupts is.

A few days ago I had tried to send an email to the new address at [email protected] , but received a message saying that address was not valid. Does anyone have a surefire email address that works?

It does make me mad that they're throwing so many free bottles around-- they had better have enough left in stock to fulfill my order-- after all they've taken my money.

Also, to you in the USA who have received your orders, what carrier delivered them? was it UPS, the Postal Service?
    PS- Contrast this service with what I've received from Scentiments-- I merely sent them an email yesterday over their mistake of sending me Creed Original Vetiver instead of Vetiver '48, and when I woke up today they had sent me two emails, and they just called me five minutes ago expressing their apologies and offering to make it right.
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 18th October 2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

FedEx Priority
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zeram1 View Post
    FedEx Priority
    How long did it take you from the time you ordered until it was delivered? Also, did they give you confirmation?

I still have not received mine either. In fact, I never received anything after the purchase. The only reason I know that there was a transaction is that I can see that they took money out of my account. I am planning on calling her tomorrow morning. We'll see what happens.