Code of Conduct

Thread: Hay bale

Default Hay bale

A car is not my home, but anyhoo, my car is a bit stinky. I smoke in the car with the window down. I fear that same open window allowed my cat to conduct some business in my car. I considered poo, but rejected that idea in preference to leaving remains of a partial mouse meal. I couldn't find anything to clean up, and have been hoping time would cure the odor.

Today on the way to pick up my son, I noticed some farmer had lost a bale of hay to the roadside. I need mulch for my new daylily bed, and I thought EUREKA! It was still there on our way back, and much to Jon's dismay, I pulled over had him put it in the back seat for me.

My car smells amazing. Good timothy and alfalfa hay! I pity the hungry horse come February, but this beats a box of baking soda by a thousand miles. I scrubbed the mulch idea--at least for a while, and put the hay bale in my living room. It's a stretch for my decor. It takes up more room than a Glade plug-in, on the other hand, I can sit on it.

What's your most unsusual car/home fragrance experience?
    Last edited by Shycat; 29th September 2007 at 08:51 AM.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Default Re: Hay bale

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    A car is not my home, but anyhoo, my car is a bit stinky. I smoke in the car with the window down. I fear that same open window allowed my cat to conduct some business in my car. I considered poo, but rejected that idea in preference to leaving remains of a partial mouse meal. I couldn't find anything to clean up, and have been hoping time would cure the odor.

Today on the way to pick up my son, I noticed some farmer had lost a bale of hay to the roadside. I need mulch for my new daylily bed, and I thought EUREKA! It was still there on our way back, and much to Jon's dismay, I pulled over had him put it in the back seat for me.

My car smells amazing. Good timothy and alfalfa hay! I pity the hungry horse come February, but this beats a box of baking soda by a thousand miles. I scrubbed the mulch idea--at least for a while, and put the hay bale in my living room. It's a stretch for my decor.

HEE! Shycat, that is ingenuity at work right there. What a great idea! I'm glad that it got the smell out.

Default Re: Hay bale

LuckyScent announces a new exclusive home fragrance that has already put us under its spell. Balle de foin, featuring notes of road-harvested alfalfa hay, smoky-rich tobacco, and elusive traces of mouse musk, transports the pastoral scent of the countryside into the sleek setting of a modern motor car, and then -- in an inspired turn -- brings all of these elements together in the comforting and nest-like setting of your own home. It’s an indulgence, to be sure, but why not treat yourself to the charms of this deep and autumnal fragrance? To further tempt you, the unique and award-winning sculptural presentation of this new fragrance provides seating for two and creates a striking focal point for any room.
    Last edited by PaulSC; 29th September 2007 at 04:12 PM.
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE