Code of Conduct

Default Montale montale montale montale

Just thought we needed one more Montale thread on the front page, since like the 10 already here don't seem to be enough for the people who keep starting them

HEY GUYS MONTALE WEBSITE HAVING SALE. PSSSSST PASS IT ON!

Default Re: Montale montale montale montale

Sounds a lot like all the creed threads that ran rampant here before the board went down.

Yes, I noticed this as well. Few threads started before, I think mostly because people thought they were too expensive, and now that they had this sale, everyone's buying them. Although they have many offerings, I only enjoyed Black Aoud the most, with the Rose Petals in second. Sadly, I already purchased these in the past, so didn't participate in the sale.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 29th September 2007 at 06:27 PM.

Montale and "rose" threads rule Basenotes now!!

Who said Basenotes was all about Creed?
    -

Basenotes Institution

Montale Montale Montale Montale Montale Montale

OK, thanks rentboy. I wanted to contribute to the madness too.

Maybe here at the Paris End there might be several other hypnotising Offerings to entrance...

http://www.montaleparfums.com/nouveautes.htm

Anyone heard about or tried their "Confidential Collection" ? I am curious about their Santal de Mysore Parfum.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Anyone heard about or tried their "Confidential Collection" ? I am curious about their Santal de Mysore Parfum.
    Not yet, but I am really wondering how there can be stronger stuff than EdPs made by Montale, obviously there are...

Good lord! People excitedly discussing fragrances! It must stop!

Let us have fewer threads about that and a greater number of sarcastic ones criticising other threads.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    There was a review on saffron from this collection on one of the perfume blogs (bois de jasmin, now smell this, etc.... cant remember sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post

Let us have fewer threads about that and a greater number of sarcastic ones criticising other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Montale Montale Montale Montale Montale Montale

OK, thanks rentboy. I wanted to contribute to the madness too.
    Montale Montale Montale Montale?

Montale Montale

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post

Ha ha, nice one mate. Well said.
    Current favourites: Silver Mountain Water - Terre d'Hermes - Erolfa - Fou d'Absinthe - Sequoia

The terms of this board ask that "Before you post, make sure that you do a quick search to make sure that your question or subject has not been recently covered. It can be frustrating to see the same question posted each week."

At the time I posted this thread, there were *9* threads on the front page and close to 15 on the first two pages about Montale frags, the sale at the Montale site, Montale shipping, Montale orders, Montale website etc. It was getting excessive to say the least.

I was trying to gently (and humourously) remind folks of the rules they agreed to abide.

Edit: and just to be clear, I wasn't trying to quash anyone's excitement of fragrances. I posted in the original Montale sale thread several times, as excited as anyone.
    Last edited by rentboy; 30th September 2007 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
    The terms of this board ask that "Before you post, make sure that you do a quick search to make sure that your question or subject has not been recently covered. It can be frustrating to see the same question posted each week."

At the time I posted this thread, there were *9* threads on the front page and close to 15 on the first two pages about Montale frags, the sale at the Montale site, Montale shipping, Montale orders, Montale website etc. It was getting excessive to say the least.

I was trying to gently (and humourously) remind folks of the rules they agreed to abide.

Edit: and just to be clear, I wasn't trying to quash anyone's excitement of fragrances. I posted in the original Montale sale thread several times, as excited as anyone.
    I, for one, appreciate the effort, but I'm sure you realize you're fighting an uphill battle. With every "it" fragrance or house on the forum over the past few years, this happens. I remember when PdN NY was the one, there were 10 threads popping up all the time. LV Piper Nigrum, Lutens Chergui, and of course the ubiquitous Creed have all had their turns. There have been so many repeat threads that unfortunately the search function, too, has become rather useless (type in Chergui and you get 7.3 million hits) and so it just keeps snowballing!

Anyway, keep fighting the good fight, until in about fifteen minutes somebody will post a new thread called "Montale recs? Are they worth it?????"

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
    I, for one, appreciate the effort, but I'm sure you realize you're fighting an uphill battle. With every "it" fragrance or house on the forum over the past few years, this happens. I remember when PdN NY was the one, there were 10 threads popping up all the time. LV Piper Nigrum, Lutens Chergui, and of course the ubiquitous Creed have all had their turns. There have been so many repeat threads that unfortunately the search function, too, has become rather useless (type in Chergui and you get 7.3 million hits) and so it just keeps snowballing!

Anyway, keep fighting the good fight, until in about fifteen minutes somebody will post a new thread called "Montale recs? Are they worth it?????"
    And I'm sure that using the search function is just as simple as skipping over repeat threads instead of letting them get to you.

I'm pretty sure just about everything to discuss about fragrances have been discussed on this board unless it's a new frag. We could all use the search function to find opinions and such on different frags or even read the reviews. The fact that there are some repeat threads keep this board active. I appreciate the activity on this board whether there are repeat threads or not.

I'm sure I could look at your post history as well as rentboy and find a thread that has been started by either of you when you could have easily used the search function. So what?
    Last edited by matreal; 1st October 2007 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matreal View Post
    And I'm sure that using the search function is just as simple as skipping over repeat threads instead of letting them get to you.

I'm pretty sure just about everything to discuss about fragrances have been discussed on this board unless it's a new frag. We could all use the search function to find opinions and such on different frags or even read the reviews. The fact that there are some repeat threads keep this board active. I appreciate the activity on this board whether there are repeat threads or not.

I'm sure I could look at your post history as well as rentboy and find a thread that has been started by either of you when you could have easily used the search function. So what?
    I think we should all be thankful that the type of new threads we were coming across, three or four months ago (mainly started by lazy newbies), are no longer infesting the forum. As for 'duplicate' threads, well look at it this way:

1) The thread may take a different angle on subject, so there may be something new to learn.

2) Sometimes it's these very threads that keep the forum alive, during its lull periods. Besides, the quality of the threads could have been much, much worse...

3) Hype and excitement for particular houses/scents come in cycles - it will soon pass.

4) If someone wants to discuss something, they will. So, there's a Montale sale on and people want to get the most out of it - well, what did you expect? Two orderly threads with (maybe) some useful information being lost among them? The sale's now over - we all knew it would end soon. And once the dust has settled, Montale will no longer be a hot topic. Everyone's pretty much aware of this, so what's the problem?

5) If it's not something that interests you (and in no way endangers the overall quality of the forum) just don't read it. Simple.

Last edited by shifts; 1st October 2007 at 09:09 AM. Reason: it just appeared to me that by replying, I'm pushing this to the top. stupid me.