Code of Conduct

Thread: Cola?

Default Cola?

I love the smell of Cola, and after reading tons of fragrance reviews I have encountered two that people say smell like it: M7 Fresh and Dior's Jules. But, I cannot locate bottles of either of these, so does anyone have a suggestion of another Cola fragrance?

(p.s. I have Soda by CdG and I love it, but, it's not Cola, I wish it was, but it's not. And it makes me sad that it's the closest thing I've got ... I just crave that Cola smell. And Cola its self gets far to sticky to be used as perfume ...)

Default Re: Cola?

I gave my bottle of it away so I can't check it to be sure, but word was that Dinner By Bobo smelled of cola. It might be harder to locate than MZ Fresh and Jules though.

Availability--what a pain.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Idole de Lubin smells of cola'

M7 the original smells more like it than Fresh to me. Dr. Pepper specifically.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Escada Magnestism for sure...
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Maybe you should try 212 men. I always think of it as a Pepsi Cola scent - its got that effervescence, fizzy topnotes.

To me, John Varvatos Vintage smells like Dr. Pepper cola or something similiar. It's a good scent, but such a synth bomb that I personally couldn't sniff it for more than 10 minutes without getting a mild headache.

Quote Originally Posted by alice_the_goon View Post
    I love the smell of Cola, and after reading tons of fragrance reviews I have encountered two that people say smell like it: M7 Fresh and Dior's Jules. But, I cannot locate bottles of either of these, so does anyone have a suggestion of another Cola fragrance?

(p.s. I have Soda by CdG and I love it, but, it's not Cola, I wish it was, but it's not. And it makes me sad that it's the closest thing I've got ... I just crave that Cola smell. And Cola its self gets far to sticky to be used as perfume ...)
    I always thought Gucci pH smelled like soda, sort of like root beer or something.

My guess is anything with Cinnamon and lime - these being 2 of the more fragrant components of Cola.

Kola is a nut and is the main flavouring in "cola". It is orangey red and contains caffeine. Kola cubes anyone .
    Never found a frag with a kola note though.
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Escada Magnestism does smell like cola.

I think that CDG Sequoia is very Coca-Cola....Not the same, but somewhere in the drydown process it reminds me of Coca big time.

cheers
    Last edited by Halo; 30th September 2007 at 01:53 PM.

Dinner by Bobo is worth a try. It's a strange one but I love it. One of my all time fav's. It wont break the bank either.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    M7 the original smells more like it than Fresh to me.
    I agree. I also agree that Idole de Lubin has a slight cola note.

Dimitri, do you mean caramel and lime? I've never run across any sodas that contained a noticable cinnamon flavor, although I'm sure there are some. Popular soda brand recipes are different for different parts of the world. Maybe cinnamon is a more common ingredient in Europe?

Gendarme's Grabazzi. It has an actual cola note in it.

Escada Magnetism is the closest I have smelt to coca cola.

Definitely Dinner by Bobo. Also, Rousse by Serge Lutens.

Basenotes Institution

I could have sworn that someone said Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker smelled like cola...however I haven't smelled it so I can't confirm this.

I second Gendarme Grabazzi.

It's been a while since I sampled it, but I seem to remember the original Romeo Gigli had a cola-like note to it.

I didn't get cola from Covet (which was otherwise vile).

Someone suggested looking for fragrances with cinnamon, but I'd go a step further and suggest you look specifically for cassia notes. I made a scent with an aged cassia (over 100 years old) with blood orange, lavender, and sandalwood, and it definitely had a cola quality to it.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Basenotes Institution

Gucci by Gucci. The new one...just smelled it and the SA at Neimans agreed with me...Cola for sure!

The only true Cola note that I have encountered is the aforementioned Dinner by Bobo. The whole fragrance is like a melange of food notes, so it can be a strange experience. I liked it for a while, but gave it to a friend in Berkeley who really was more of a fit for it's bold quirkiness. I never got the cumin note that puts others off, so my experience with it was more of its fruity, spicy, cola notes. If it had been made by CdG, and called something clever, it would have been a huge hit on this board, I'm sure of it.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

MadScientist........cinnamon is the ingredient that gives Coca-Cola it's zing. In Pepsi Cola, the intented tingle is delivered by nutmeg.

I remember Desire for Men by Dunhill smelling quite like a cola as well as (if I'm not mistaken) Perry Ellis' "M" for Men in the rust-coloured packaging. That one had a cola resemblance, too.

Bottoms Up!!!

I am surprised that no one has not mentioned the real Cola scent yet :

Chic by Carolina Herrera.

This topic was discussed 100 years ago here on BN and I think it was CoL that mentioned it and after that I always think of Cola when I wear Chic.

Try it, especially the topnotes are pure cola.

Mic.

Youth Dew Ambre Nude smells Cola on me.

Guerlain - Guet-Apens/Attrape-Cur

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by tariq View Post
    Youth Dew Ambre Nude smells Cola on me.
    I agree. Forgot about that one.

Basenotes Institution

I just read that a new mens fragrance called Oxbow is coming out (named after the line of surfing wear) and one of it's official notes is cola.