Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: 2x3 Blind Sniff Round 5 Chypres

Jolie Madame? I would NEVER have guessed this...mostly because I've never even HEARD of it. It is just as good as Cabochard (mosses and green) and just as leathery as Tabac Blond (I might even say it's more leathery than the EdT).

Indiscreet, sweetie - we make a great pair of noses, huh? That was fun.

Thanks Twolf, purplebird and Taolady - my appreciation and knowledge of chypre has been sufficiently expanded.

What is everyone sniffing next? Jolie Madame was a difficult one...well done. Jolie Madame is what I wear when I want to feel very grown up and sophisticated.

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    What is everyone sniffing next? .....
    Good question!! Roses were scheduled next, but thanks to the vagaries of either the Canadian or U.S. Postal Service Niemand - one of the three sniffers - has not yet received his pkge. even though Squeezeweasel - second sniffer, in the U.K.!! - has gotten hers. Sniffer number Three - Thrax - is set to go.

We must await the decision of our beloved Chairman Twolf when she returns from hols. GREAT to have you back Purplebird7!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Good question!! Roses were scheduled next, but thanks to the vagaries of either the Canadian or U.S. Postal Service Niemand - one of the three sniffers - has not yet received his pkge.
    Yes, I'm sorry to say but I haven't received the samples yet. Usually it takes 7-10 business days for a small package from the USA to arrive in Canada using regular airmail. I believe it has been 8 business days now since the ship date. We don't have the postal services running on weekends, as well as, this up coming Monday is a holiday here (Thanksgiving Day). The earliest I should receive the package should be Tuesday.

I don't mind if the game goes on without me, hopefully Sample "A" doesn't get solved by then and I can then help with some descriptions.

Sorry for the delay.
    Last edited by Niemand; 6th October 2007 at 10:07 PM.

Mike - definitely! It's good fun to try stuff I wouldn't have considered. And my nose, though far from foolproof, is better than I thought.
    Thanks Purplebird - I know I will need a new PC before long too...mine keeps making funny groaning sounds when it boots, even though I've changed the processor fan twice and the power supply as well. It's a couple of years old so I guess a new one is due so I can play some better computer games. (Another interest of mine).
    Last edited by Indiscreet; 6th October 2007 at 10:40 PM.