Code of Conduct

Default Hilary Swank on celebuscents

For my 2,400th post, I decided on something fun. And since most of the celebuscents are on the ladies side (even Diddy now has a women's scent), I decided to post it here.

As we all know, Hilary Swank is the face of Guerlain's Insolence (and its new flanker My Insolence). But she won't be releasing her own celebuscent under her name anytime soon. That said, here's her quote (from contactmusic.com):

"What do they (celebrities) know about perfume? You buy jeans from Levi's, watches from Rolex, and perfume from the best makers. I think this celeb obsession is pretty stupid actually."

:wave: AMEN TO THAT!!! :wave:
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hilary Swank on celebuscents

Amen, brother!

Perfumes are so complex. Their construction is a craft, like winemaking. They're not like salad dressing (Paul Newman) or linens (Martha Stewart). There oughta be a law. Good for you, Ms. Swank.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I prefer Marciano jeans, but oh well... Leaving joking aside, that is right because a lot of celebrities have their own lines without having even taste, let alone fragrance making skills. Sad.

I'm sure that celebrities aren't exactly in their garage, trying to mix a perfume. They go to experts, but even still... I haven't smelled a celebrity perfume that I really enjoy. I wonder who they go to when they have the idea to market a new perfume? It's all about the branding and increasing their star power, and I'm not really down with that. Do the advertising executives do an analysis of what perfumes sold and then start with those notes? I wonder how it works...

For instance... Michael Jordan has a cologne... Even though I didn't smell it, my idea of Mike's smell is sweat from all the hard work in the gym, not really a classy smell. lol

Always believed she's a cool girl. Bravo Hilary!

Some folks say Britney's 'fumes are quite good, but in all honesty, I would be embarrassed to buy and wear them. :/

The celebuscent movement is rather annoying. The only one I have found that I can appreciate is Hilary Duff's.

Nevermind the scents the celebs mass market, I would love to get a noseful of Madonna's bespoke scents. She has incredible taste in fine fragrance and I am certain her bespoke scents are even more amazing.
    Last edited by Sloan; 1st October 2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: case

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    Some folks say Britney's 'fumes are quite good, but in all honesty, I would be embarrassed to buy and wear them. :/
    I totally agree. She could have something in her range that smelled as good as Vol de Nuit and I still couldn't bring myself to buy it.

That said, I did buy a friend a bottle of SJP's Lovely last xmas. I actually think it's a decent scent and the friend was going through a bad time and needed to be reminded of what a lovely person she is, so it was as much for the name as the smell.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Way to go Ms. Hilary.....She is one of my Hollywood Faves....Seems that She is a very smart Women......A smart Women that smells good is a Beautiful Women Indeed.....I have just painted You a picture of my Wife......Smart, Beautiful, and She smells good.....Her scent of choice.....Flower Bomb.....I'm weak at the knees as we speak......Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    Ick. I think they're mostly pretty nasty. I just smelled the newest, Midnight Fantasy, last night at Macy's. Pbbbbttt! (*spits*) Smelled like something they'd sell at Walgreens.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

This is absolutely NOT SAFE FOR WORK, but related....

A real-life 'sniff test' between Britney's newest scent versus Vulva. In horribly bad taste, but horribly funny.

http://jezebel.com/gossip/smell-test...?autoplay=true

Quote Originally Posted by dewey eyed View Post
    This is absolutely NOT SAFE FOR WORK, but related....

A real-life 'sniff test' between Britney's newest scent versus Vulva. In horribly bad taste, but horribly funny.

http://jezebel.com/gossip/smell-test...?autoplay=true
    I enjoyed that, very funny! Britney has gotta be smelling pretty bad these days.

I like making sarcastic comments about celeb frags (especially Antonio Banderas), but I'll have to admit, some of them smell just fine. I like Lovely, for instance. Regarding Hilary Swank, whom I like a lot, I would definitely be willing to try something she liked, whether or not that's at all rational. But then the rational part of me might look at the price, and balk anyway.

Cheers, D