Code of Conduct

Question 'Sites & Scents'

I am 21 and from the UK, I am a moderate collector of fragrances and currently own about 40 bottles. Although I think its about quality than quantity, I just can't seem to throw away any old, not used frags! Anyway, onto the point... Does anyone know of any decent websites that have good scents at good prices that deliver to the UK? And secondly, to any serious collectors and people 'in the know', what scents should I be looking for overall? Please, as many as you can recommend. Thanks!

Default Re: 'Sites & Scents'

Good question, I'd like to know the same thing as I currently use Fragrance Direct and CheapSmells from the UK but the selection isnt great and the majority of frags on sale are good ones but very very mainstream.

One of the best Ive used personally is www.strawberrynet.co.uk
    Ive shopped with them for almost 6 years and have always been pleased with the product quality and service.

If you can list some of your quality fragrances that you specifically like from your collection, maybe we can suggest something similar, or, if you prefer, vastly different

Some in my collection that I like are:

Dior Homme, Thierry Mugler Cologne, Chanel Allure, Bulgari BLV, Gaultier2, Bulgari Black, and Attitude, the new frag by Armani. Attitude was one of the first scents since Terres D'Hermes that 'caught' my nose by suprise when I was going round the fragrance shops. I find it alot more sophisticated than other mainstream frags that have been recently released, although it wears down too fast on my skin.

I also do own some new mainstream frags such as 212 Sexy men, Issey Miyake- Bleue Fraiche, Diesel- Fuel for Life and Ice Men by Theirry Mugler.
    --------------------------------------
    I would appreciate any advice on scents, whether similar or vastly different. I would like to have something quite unique, but I suppose everyone must want that! I would like a scent that just stands right out from the crowds of 'ordinary' scents that I've carelessly bought in the past. I've noticed my tastes are changing tremendously and are becoming more refined as I am constantly discovering new scents all the time.
    Last edited by Adam102; 30th September 2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Adam102 View Post

Dior Homme, Thierry Mugler Cologne, Chanel Allure, Bulgari BLV, Gaultier2, Bulgari Black, and Attitude, the new frag by Armani. Attitude was one of the first scents since Terres D'Hermes that 'caught' my nose by suprise when I was going round the fragrance shops. I find it alot more sophisticated than other mainstream frags that have been recently released, although it wears down too fast on my skin.

I also do own some new mainstream frags such as 212 Sexy men, Issey Miyake- Bleue Fraiche, Diesel- Fuel for Life and Ice Men by Theirry Mugler.
    I think you will love (and should sample and try):

Eau Noire by Dior
    Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez
    CdG 2 Man by Comme des Garcons
    Hypnose Homme by Lancome
    Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Adam102 View Post

I would appreciate any advice on scents, whether similar or vastly different. I would like to have something quite unique, but I suppose everyone must want that! I would like a scent that just stands right out from the crowds of 'ordinary' scents that I've carelessly bought in the past. I've noticed my tastes are changing tremendously and are becoming more refined as I delve deeper into the fragrance world!
    Welcome, it looks like you have the whole ruinous world of "niches" to discover.
    But as to great, unique and quality "designer" scents my suggestions would be:

Guerlain Héritage (classy, refined, complex)
    Terre d'Hermes (fresh, citrus-mineral, earthy)
    Cacharel pour homme (nutmeg and woods)
    Rochas Lui (updated classic style)
    Burberry Brit (updated British gentleman style)
    Richard James EdT (dito, classier and somewhat more mature)
    Acqua di Parma (a great citrus-rose cologne)

Since you're in merry old England, why not also try some classics like Penhaligon's Blenheim or Hammam Bouquet, Castile, or the Trumper line?

A nice entry into the world of "niche" would be Creed's Green Irish Tweed, Fréderic Malle's Musc Ravageur, Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, Lorenzo Villoresi's Sandalo, l'Artisan's Navegar, and Comme des Garcons "3," to name a few of the most popular houses around here and what I'd consider some of their best as well as accessible fragrances.

Well, if you look around here, you'll see there's soooo much to discover and many friendly fragrance obsessives who'll help you spend all your money while smelling great .

Good hunting
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Thanks for the nice welcome! It looks like i'll fit right in then!!! There are alot of scents named here that I have heard of but have never had the pleasure of sampling. Maybe because there isn't anywhere near where I live that sells the more 'niche' scents. Thats were I hope the websites will come in handy.
    Another question I have: Is it worth spending all the money on a creed fragrance, such as Himalaya or Royal Water, or would it be better to buy a few ordinary priced scents such as D'Hermes, A*Men and Hypnose??
    Last edited by Adam102; 1st October 2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost