Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Today I bought ... (for October 2007)

Are you starting to think about holiday gift giving and fragrance shopping accordingly? Or are you taking care of #1 (your own nose)? Whatcha buying?
    Last edited by Quarry; 30th September 2007 at 07:07 PM.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Today I bought ... (for October 2007)

I'm working on my autumn/winter wardrobe, and so far have bought Samsara, Bandit and Shalimar. I'm definitely thinking of gifts already. My mother will get Coco for Christmas this year!

Ormond Jayne sample set from the website. These perfumes got such great reviews here and elsewhere. Just had to see what the fuss was about.

FYI - the sample set is about $56 - $57 US dollars and it seems to include postage. For 10 scents plus a FREE sample plus shipment to the US from London - that sounded reasonable. And the samples appear to be reasonably large.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :bounce:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Today I bought ... (for October 2007)

Yesterday a bottle of Le Baiser du dragon edt arrivedGot it from a basenoterVery happy about not just owning a mini now!

Just received Guerlain Parure extrait from 1975 - yummi and beatiful! http://a677.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...ec24c46884.jpg

Ooohh, mailman was good to me today. Received sealed vintage bottles of Chanel Bois des Iles parfum and Lanvin Scandal extrait (the big 2oz size and it's nearly full ) from the Imports guy.

The Scandal is my backup bottle... now I don't need to use my opened bottle so sparingly. But I so want to open it up now!

No more purchases for me for the month of October.... wait a minute.... I'm also eyeing the new Prada d'infusion Iris.

*sigh* My credit card simply can't take this abuse!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I got a mini of Bvlgari Black today. It makes me feel mysterious in the same way as Omnia and Black Cashmere Aslo got Jovan Sex Appeal ... An awful bottle with a horrible pink parfyme inside. The scent is quite funny - I like it

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought the new Gucci by Gucci - it's not even in stores yet, but I snagged a bottle from Ebay.

I've had a bad case of Costco fever! I usually only buy one bottle when they put out their fragrances for the holidays. But this year I bought 4! I was like a madwoman rummaging throught their precarious cardboard towers of fragrance. Most were end of September purchases, but anyway:

Agent Provacateur (the original one)
    Shalimar edp (in the 80th anniversary Art Deco bottle)
    D&G Light Blue (used to hate this, but lately loving it!)
    Amarige (have been lemming this one. It's a 100ml bottle - will last me forever)

I wanted AP Maitresse too, but I let that one slip through my fingers. I didn't grab it, and when I returned couldn't find it again. I had to put a stop to the purchases though because even discounted they are still $40 each. But I'm so happy with the ones I bought

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm really trying to be good. I'm really trying to be good. I'm really trying to be good. I'm really trying to be good. I'm really.............anybody buying this....yeah me neither....

kick rocks
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Post Thanks / Like

After 2 weeks of debating with myself whether I reeeeeally need another bottle of perfume yesterday I went and bought Fracas. I'm in love with it!

Ordered the Ineke sample set from Ineke.com. Can't WAIT to try them. And $12.00 w/ shipping is a STEAL!!!!

Mira Bai and Jolie Madame. Both unsniffed, but I have Casmir and Casmir Blue and love them, and the reviews of Jolie Madame sounded intriguing.... Hopefully I won't think of it as "Angela Jolie Madame."

I got my little bottle of Comptoir Sud Pacifique AMOUR DE CACAO. Nice, but I wouldn't call it parfum

Talking Re: Today I bought ... (for October 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by dewey eyed View Post
    Mira Bai and Jolie Madame. Both unsniffed, but I have Casmir and Casmir Blue and love them, and the reviews of Jolie Madame sounded intriguing.... Hopefully I won't think of it as "Angela Jolie Madame."

That is good, and no I don't think it will at all make you think of tabloid stories!

I resisted another quick splurge at Marshall's and did not buy the Marc Jacob's Violet. I got home, read the BN reviews and felt relieved that I only walked away with a itty bitty bottle of Anthousa Fig and Vetiver for 14.99.

Still trying hard not to place another big AL order and waiting to treat myself to Holzman and Stephanie's La Parisienne or Mike Storer's Genvieve!

Post Thanks / Like

As discussed on my SoTD mention today, I just bought a bottle of YSL's Paris Roses Enchantees in honor of Twolf who allowed me to sample it, and in memory of Sudsy.

I like the idea of thinking of two wonderful BNers when I wear this fragrance, both with joy and a bit of melancholy.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post

Still trying hard not to place another big AL order
    Me too! I had to shut my computer off before I sent through a $100 order. FIGHTING THE URGE...WILL IS MELTING....can't resist!!!

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

2.5oz Creed Aubépine-Acacia. This is a great Unisex citrus folks..Tried a sample and fell in love all over again!

Add Creed Silver Mountain Water, Fendi Uomo, YSL Live Jazz and a backup bottle of Zino Davidoff..What the heck..the mortgage payment can wait.
    Last edited by kbe; 5th October 2007 at 11:48 PM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

15 mls of Chanel no 5 pure parfum which is sublime and surprisingly musky on my skin
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Goddess_Dreams gave me a taste of Le Baiser Du Dragon last year & today I finally bought a bottle My wardrode is finally falling into place!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    Goddess_Dreams gave me a taste of Le Baiser Du Dragon last year & today I finally bought a bottle My wardrode is finally falling into place!
    Isn't it gorgeous? It's funny, but I normally can't stand the smell of almonds, and Dragon has quite a strong hit of that, but it works in combination with all the other gorgeous notes. It's a warm fragrance and it always gets great comments when I wear it.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Nothing liquid this time, but instead a book that got some pretty raving reviews: The Scent Trail by Celia Lyttelton. Can't wait to follow her on her journey through the fragrant world.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio
    Post Thanks / Like

Infusion d'Iris Prada 100ml 3,4 oz
    Wonderful & discreet, a parfum de peau, really!
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

In the past couple days i bought Trumper's Sandalwood and Dunhill Edition.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

Forget buying anything fragrant for a while! I just bought by daughter a $320 dress and $130 shoes and $40 earrings to wear to her homecoming dance.....she does look beautiful though. I am not even going to calculate in my head how many or what bottles of perfume I could have bought ....I refuse to be that selfish. I will have to live vicariously through all of you for a good month or two

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aramis JHL

Quote Originally Posted by nyneve View Post
    Infusion d'Iris Prada 100ml 3,4 oz
    Wonderful & discreet, a parfum de peau, really!
    Lucky you nyneve. I've been eyeing this one too. Although, I really like proportions of the 200ml sized bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    Forget buying anything fragrant for a while! I just bought by daughter a $320 dress and $130 shoes and $40 earrings to wear to her homecoming dance.....she does look beautiful though. I am not even going to calculate in my head how many or what bottles of perfume I could have bought ....I refuse to be that selfish. I will have to live vicariously through all of you for a good month or two
    Well we'll all just have to support you by helping you live vicariously through your daughter. Start a thread on what fragrance from your wardrobe she should wear for her dance. Hopefully that will keep you interested as well as letting us all think about an interesting occasion for fragrance - got to be demure but grown-up, a little bit sexy but more pretty than sexy - lots of elements to think about.

Me? Oh I have been bad. I spent far too much in the BN marketplace and have a parcel of fabulous things waiting for me at my mother's house when I go back to Wales this week. And then today I found possibly the cheapest perfume site on ebay and spend fifty quid. Madame Rochas, Tabu and Raffinee by Dana plus English Leather for my hubby (honest) and then I really got gung ho and chucked Cabotine Bleu and Cabaret by Gres into the basket as well. I am so bad...

And now I have the biggest urge to try Le Baiser du Dragon. You see, it's just dreadful, isn't it? (OK, maybe it's more a case of I'm dreadful.)
    Last edited by Wordbird; 7th October 2007 at 08:47 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Went on a trip to Amagansett this weekend, came back with Christiane Celle Calypso Gardenia. Simple gardenia/tuberose/jasmine, which reminds me of Fracas in bits but is nowhere near as heavy or long-lasting - which is good, really, because I cannot wear Fracas AT. ALL.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Fell for Guerlain Vetiver. I really was lacking a vetiver in my collection, and now that I sprayed it on again, I'm convinced that it's an awesome scent.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From Scentiments Sale Thread:

YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentration

Worth pour Homme

Lalique Eau de Lalique
    Last edited by kbe; 9th October 2007 at 11:38 AM.

I bought Bulgari Blu Notte for 16.50 from Meidy!

It's a tester but it's for me and my younger daughter who'll be making up a purse size decant so heck with the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    I bought Bulgari Blu Notte for 16.50 from Meidy!

It's a tester but it's for me and my younger daughter who'll be making up a purse size decant so heck with the cap.
    Bulgari Blu Notte is great for work - very nice and discret
    Grat bargain

Purchased a bottle of Bois Farine today.

bottle of L'Ombre Fauve
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Very, very excited! I finally found a L'Heure Bleue edt refill for my gold canister! It was at Pefume Bay the whole time!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Have been buying Dior Remember and Forever and Ever found on Ebay, never seen in the shops here.
    Like these soft fragraces since I tried a box with 5 travel minis at the end of summer, now got to have them, will put those aside soon for next summer.

I have been a very good girl - sold out 2 of my Caron.
    That gave me a reasen for ordering another Caron .. Nuit De Noel

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my sister a bottle of L'Occitane's new Lavender Room Spray, because her family is in need of calming down. I told her when things get out of hand, just start squirting it around the house, which made her laugh. She needed that. It looks like it smells good, too, I like their other AOC French lavender products.

For our home, I splurged on their Cherry Blossom Room Spray and Body Powder with a pretty puff. It's fresh smelling and I thought it might work well with the unscented L'Amande baby soap with almond oil I got from Beautyhabit and L'Occitane's L'Amande Lait Concentree (almond milk concentrate) body cream I've been using at night. I didn't used to like almond scents, either.
    Last edited by beachroses; 11th October 2007 at 11:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by tang; 30th October 2007 at 09:07 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Received a bottle of Dzongkha today... yum.
    GOSH - I am jealous ..
    Enjoy

Chamade Pour Homme 125 ml
    Shalimar Black extrait 30 ml http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...tmas-thumb.jpg

AND - because of my excessive shopping at the Guerlain mothership, they offered me a gold sucrier-bottle and a recharge of Chamade to go inside it. Doesn't that just motivate you to go on buying?

1.7oz Fracas for $29.95

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my Angel star re-filled at Dillards today ...

My poor bottle is looking a little worse for wear, but it is very well loved. The SA said I should call and order a new cap (the spray part). Almost all of the silver has worn away. There is a big chip missing from one of the star points, the result of a near fatal fall onto the garage floor. There is also some nail polish stains that just would not come off, due to an explosion of OPI's "Mother Road Rose" in my purse. I think she felt sorry for my poor little bottle, she threw in samples of Angel, Angel Innocent, and Alien.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Found a bottle of With Love from Hilary Duff for my daughter, she loves this pretty scent, and I totally approve of it.

Also found a bottle of Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella. Sudsy turned me onto the AA's from Guerlain, her beloved Pamplelune and the gorgeous Gentiana, and so I bought this blind.
    It's so fresh, watery, and with that bitter anise note to it...very refreshing and uplifting. My ten year old, who is so taken with my Chanel no 5 wanted me to spray this on his wrist, he really likes it. It's a nice addition, we'll give it a good home, it seems.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I had my Angel star re-filled at Dillards today ... I think she felt sorry for my poor little bottle....
    Awww. That's the sweeeeetest story, Shades....that bottle has history. You gotta keep it. We're with you all the way, girl!

Meanwhile, down here in sunny SC - having made one pass at Marshall's for an Anthousa Fig and Vetiver grab (I had never heard of this house 'til Twolf talked about it and kept reading it as Ant House....) went back today and swept up White Tubereuse in which I now luxuriate. A chameleon that's gone from citrus through all kinds flowers to the tuberose and now some sort of creamy dry down. Tinks gets lemon and ylang ylang from this and isn't impressed - but both of us LOVE the price!! For me, a total of $30 for $150.00 worth of frags!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

bought burberry brit a few days ago and miniatures of lolita lempicka and gucci envy for men (no testers but i wanted a sniff) miniatures are so cute!

Ava Luxe's shopping cart is disabled I wanted to buy Amber Essence & Film Noir today!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    Ava Luxe's shopping cart is disabled I wanted to buy Amber Essence & Film Noir today!!
    I was also saved today by the disabled Ava Luxe shopping cart I wanted to buy Ambra Tibet and No.23 and I wanted to try Amber Essence I want what I want and I want it NOW.
    Last edited by tdi; 14th October 2007 at 03:39 AM.

A few "modern" Carons (aimez moi, miss rocaille), a bunch of 24 Faubourg variants: EDT, EDP, Summer, Delicate (minis and sales online, thank goodness) and a Tocade mini.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered tiny decants of Chanel no 5 Eau Premiere, Matthew Williamson Incense, Bulgari Au The Rouge, Louve (SL) and Musc Ravageur (FM).
    I am really excited about MR! :bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered decants of AA Winter delice and Kingdom.Looking forward to try them...I also ended up buying a mini of Bulgari Black. Can hardly wait!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 14th October 2007 at 06:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm quite new to serious scent sampling and just got my first batch of samples from Luckyscent. Quite excited! Here's what I chose:

Aquaba - Aquaba
    Parfumerie Generale - Private Collection: Un Crime Exotique
    Oliver Durbano- Black Tourmaline
    Bois 1920- Sandalo et The , Sushi Imperiale
    Parfums DelRae - Amoureuse
    The Different Company - Jasmin de Nuit,un Parfum des Sens et Bois
    Il Profumo - Nymphea
    Satellite - Paparadscha
    Lubin - Idole
    Les Neriedes - Oriental Lumpur
    L'Artisan Parfumeur - Tea for Two, Piment Brulant, Fou d'Absinthe
    Keiko Mecheri - Genie de Bois

Welcome to the club, Lemur! And a nice bunch of samples you ordered...a fabulous way to start the addiction

Me, I bought Rossy de Palma from Etat Libre d'Orange ... unsniffed ... just because
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

A bottle of vintage Violette Precieuse.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

I just bought a tester of Bvlgari Black myself - I agree, its smoky and mysterious, but warm and sweet too. Its very easy to wear.
    --------------------------------------
    Lemur, I have a decant of Jasmin de Nuit, and find it quite worthy. I also have mini of Aqaba, but think I prefer the Jasmin de Nuit, of the samples you ordered.
    Last edited by Perfume_Addict; 15th October 2007 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Red face Re: Today I bought ... (for October 2007)

Today I bought Banana Republic Malachite. THe small one, I also got the big Paris Hilton Can Can the other day and love it. Yesterday I bought the BBW EDT of Velvet Tuberose, Nice and got a free body mist of Blackberry Amber/
    --------------------------------------
    Today I bought the new Lieber and got a huge free tote and a gorgeous rollar ball pen with the fragrance in a pink case. The tote is huge and silver. Every sa at Lord and Taylor was wearing Leiber and loving it.Yesterday I bought BBW Velvet Tuberose and still love Can Can a lot.
    Last edited by perfumegirl; 16th October 2007 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Today I bought ... (for October 2007)

After coveting it for 5 months, I finally bought Mure et Musc Extreme by L'Artisan. This is a fragrance I can really LIVE in. It's not a special occasions or specific season scent. It's not something that gives me a headache on alternate days. It's not too fruity, despite its name, or too musky! It's very breathable, and when I wear it, it lasts and lasts, but I cannot find the source of the luscious scent. I can't say, "Ah hah! THIS is where I sprayed it. This is where it's coming from." Instead, it enters my blood stream (I must assume) and wraps around me like an aura.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Post Thanks / Like

I finally bought Marc Jacobs edp (the first MJ scent). I've wanted it for years, and I don't really know how I've managed not to buy it for so many years! It's record-breaking, really. And it will be worth the wait, I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some music CD's from Amazon, too, and received six samples from Beautyhabit by Cote Bastide last week. Didn't really like any on me but the one I already tried, Iris. I hesitate to buy the huge bottle they sell for over $70, wish they offered a smaller one or had a decent coupon deal going.