Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Today I bought ... (for October 2007)

Fleurs be Bulgarie
    Fiori di Capri
    Habit Rouge
    Sikkim...

....I've been in Germany and bought perfumes I can't find here... No time for economy...

Basenotes Institution

Safran Troublant, Poivre Piquant and Piment Brulant - all three by L' Artisan Parfumeur. I got the 15ml atomizers all in a little round, red satin box. Perfect size for exploring these 'edgy' L'Artisan scents.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Finally! People Of the Labyrinths

O. M. G. It happened! I know for how long you have been lemming it! Doing a happy dance with and for you, dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    O. M. G. It happened! I know for how long you have been lemming it! Doing a happy dance with and for you, dear.
    Thank you
    I had to sell off my Chanel Cuir De Russie but that's OK because I never grew to love it, no matter how I tried!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    Joining Twolf here - I am happy for you, girl! That scent is a little wonder, enjoy it! Did you get the parfum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

*sigh* Some strange force took over my brain, which was determined not to buy any more fragrances right now, and it made me order DKNY Be Delicious. I can't seem to get enough of apple these days...

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

*sigh* me too, Tovah... I said: I don't MUST buy
    and yesterday... Oeillet sauvage L'artisan Parfumeur, discontinued, but at genoa's Caleri there was again .
    How can I don't buy it?
    and Tilleul Dyptique home fragrance too! :-(
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Joining Twolf here - I am happy for you, girl! That scent is a little wonder, enjoy it! Did you get the parfum?
    Yes, I sprang for the parfum !
    I found the EDT was so weak, it was almost a different scent

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    *sigh* Some strange force took over my brain, which was determined not to buy any more fragrances right now, and it made me order DKNY Be Delicious. I can't seem to get enough of apple these days...
    For me it was Dunkin Donuts muffins during the last trimester...at least the DKNY won't have you coming out of the hopital an extra 20lbs overweight
    Go ahead & spritz with a completely clear conscience!

If I wasn't so jealous I could almost be happy for you! ( Just kidding.....but seriously, I have turned a most unbecoming shade of green )

bleu autumn haze

oh I'm so happy for you! (a little bit jealous, but very happy too) You have wanted that or so long ... and someday I will have it too
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I just had to!
    I got a 1.0 oz Youth Dew Amber Nude on Ebay. I paid only $19 with shipping from Us to Norway. It wasn't on my wishlist, but ..

I bought a mini of Azzaro Chrome today.

Today I ordered decants of Bois de Violette and Pois de Senteur from the perfumed court.
    BdV is a blind buy for me, complete lemming behavior, but I have had a sample of Pois de Senteur for about a year and only recently have been enchanted by its old fashioned powdery sweetness. It's a garden wedding sort of scent. Looking forward to both of them.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Today I ordered decants of Bois de Violette and Pois de Senteur from the perfumed court.
    BdV is a blind buy for me, complete lemming behavior, but I have had a sample of Pois de Senteur for about a year and only recently have been enchanted by its old fashioned powdery sweetness. It's a garden wedding sort of scent. Looking forward to both of them.
    Bois de Violette is one of the most realistically rendered violets I have worn. Of course I would expect nothing less than the best coming from my favorite line.
    Last edited by Sloan; 22nd October 2007 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    Bois de Violette is one of the most realistically rendered violets I have worn. Of course I would expect nothing less than the best coming from my favorite line.
    That is nice to know. I have read some reviews of this lately and wanted to try one of the non export frags from SL. I love him too!

The other one I have my eye on is Cuir Mauresque, but my wardrobe is more in need of violets than leather at the moment.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I bought Kelly Caleche for my friend as a 1st time Mommy Gift. She just had her 1st baby and I went to visit them today. She loved the perfume. She was so excited. She couldn't believe I got her something too lol. I got her daughter the cutest little outfits. I looooove baby clothes for girls. I also got her husband a 1st time Daddy Gift. He loves playing golf. So, I got him a nice shirt. He was so surprised too. He said it was just in time for his up coming golf thing.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I bought decants of Paris edp and SL Sa Majeste la rose.Looking forward to try them.I think my wardrobe need some proper rose scents now...

Another bottle of Hunter Moon by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Must never, never, never run out of this stuff!!!!!
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I bought Kelly Caleche for my friend as a 1st time Mommy Gift. She just had her 1st baby and I went to visit them today. She loved the perfume. She was so excited. She couldn't believe I got her something too lol. I got her daughter the cutest little outfits. I looooove baby clothes for girls. I also got her husband a 1st time Daddy Gift. He loves playing golf. So, I got him a nice shirt. He was so surprised too. He said it was just in time for his up coming golf thing.
    What a sweet friend you are!
    Congratulations to the new parents & their little angel

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    I bought decants of Paris edp and SL Sa Majeste la rose.Looking forward to try them.I think my wardrobe need some proper rose scents now...
    You have good taste ineespenes - SMLR is incredible, I think you'll enjoy it immensely.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

What a sweet friend you are!
    Congratulations to the new parents & their little angel
    Thank you Tinker. I wish I was at home so I can put her pic up. She is the cutest little thing you ever wanna see. My friends kept smelling their wrists all day lol. It was a group of us and they all tried on the perfume. I just felt that the Kelly Caleche would be perfect for her. It fits her perfectly. Hey, I'm getting pretty good at this perfume thing....ha ha. When I started talking about the perfume, they looked at me like I was nuts lol. They asked me where I learned about all that stuff. I told them that since I love perfume so much, I decided to learn more about it. I told them that I am a member here and this has become my outlet.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Bought Prada Infusion d'Iris... after going through 2 samples, I decided that it was full bottle worthy. Purchased 200ml so that I can share with friends.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

1oz Badgley Mischka

Inexpensive but great smelling Pecksniff's shower gels from Marshalls: two varieties lavender and freesia/poppy

YSL Cinéma Festival d'Éte... I gave into temptation (but it was worth it )

I nabbed a bottle of Ivoire (Balmain) at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago I've got my eye on Lolita Lempicka, tried it three times and the third seemed the charm!! I think I MUST have it for this winter.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

78¢!
    That's right: 78 cents for a DVD of the movie "Perfume."
    I used my $10 gift certificate from Osmoz (payment for
    participating in their discussion group in Second Life).

Now I can finally host that gang viewing at my house.

YOU are invited!

And you can sleep over, too.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    78¢!
    That's right: 78 cents for a DVD of the movie "Perfume."
    I used my $10 gift certificate from Osmoz (payment for
    participating in their discussion group in Second Life).

Now I can finally host that gang viewing at my house.

YOU are invited!

And you can sleep over, too.
    I'm there! I'm there!!!!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    I'm there! I'm there!!!!
    Head toward Lake Superior and swing south. I'll welcome you with open arms, Joyce!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Mitsouko in EDP.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Last edited by tang; 30th October 2007 at 09:00 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Received the following samples from Luscious Cargo today:
    - Sage (Oils): Onyx, Topaz, Amethyst, Moonstone, Turquoise
    - Amourage (EdP): Gold, Eau d'Amage, Ciel (these have very pretty colored juice)
    - Fifi Chachinil
    - Rosine - Rose de Feu
    - Bond No. 9 - West Side, Chinatown

Bonus in the Package:
    Floris: Florissa EdT, Lily of the Valley EdT
    L'Artisan: Jatamansi EdT (this is a wonderful citrusy, herbal sweet wood. Just what I was in the mood for today!!!!)
    Last edited by sakecat22; 24th October 2007 at 08:00 PM.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Gaultier 2

Prada Infusion D'Iris
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Red face Re: Today I bought ... (for October 2007)

Saks is having their F & F I think it is 20% off if you talk to a SA, I had a sample of the NEW Gucci vs the old Gucci with the same name??I ordered a big bottle of the NEW Gucci, SA would be glad to help anyone, I called Manhattan Saks,

For me it was Dunkin Donuts muffins during the last trimester...at least the DKNY won't have you coming out of the hopital an extra 20lbs overweight
    Go ahead & spritz with a completely clear conscience!
    Oh, I've got the extra lbs, too, LOL! I guess I need the fragrances to soothe me, right? That makes sense, right? **tone of desperation**:bounce:
    Last edited by Tovah; 26th October 2007 at 05:20 PM.

I ordered 30 ml EdP of Ange ou Demon, plus 30 ml EdP of the new Versace (Signature).

Blind buys, of course...

I DO have tested Ange ou Demon before, but cant remember how I liked it, so I count that one as a blind buy, too.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Chergui

Finally I got my Caron Nuit de Noël.
    LOVE IT

Bought 4 Bath and Body Works Creamy Body Washes (some may wind up in stockings)
    - Japanese Cherry Blossom
    - Warm Vanilla Sugar
    - Sensuous Amber
    - Brown Sugar and Fig

(buy 3, get 1 free is an evil thing)

Also received the Michael Storer Sample pack. Looking forward to digging into those!!!!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

*sigh* I'm so naughty. I ordered Red Delicious from Ebay. It's was only $13.00 though, so that's a bargain...

I'm so tempted to order Delicious Night unsniffed. Somebody please talk me out of it!

Got the Luckyscent Luxury sample pack in the mail yesterday. 19 SLs, the 2 CdG LUXE scents and 2 L'Artisans. Lots of stuff to play with!!!!

They shipped VERY quickly.
    Sakecat's Scent Project

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post

I'm so tempted to order Delicious Night unsniffed. Somebody please talk me out of it!
    DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT

1.7 oz Allure Sensuelle

Last edited by tang; 30th October 2007 at 09:00 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

I've been a bad, bad girl...kind of went on a sample binge at Perfumed Court. I swear I'm done with samples for a little while and my next purchase will be a big bottle of something!

I got myself
    The Monster Cat
    Bakeneko
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Hillary Duff *With Love*

Bummer......

If anyone wants it, just pm me!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Parfums de Nicolai's VIE DE CHATEAU with my Paypal credit

Jicky edp in a 50ml size in one of those pretty gold canisters
    Shalimar parfum in a gold purse spray.
    If I can post a pic, I will.

Parfums de Nicolai's VIE DE CHATEAU with my Paypal credit
    I'm so tempted to get something from PdN at beautyhabit. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    I'm so tempted to get something from PdN at beautyhabit. Nice!
    With the coupon code posted in the Discount/Coupons thread the 30ml was around $18

It is Halloween, and the devil knocked on my door and I have been seduced to purchase a bottle of Very Michael Kors in full price.

I got my Youth Dew Amber Nude today. I'm not sure why I bought this really .. I'n not very fond of patchouli ... Ok, it's a great scent, but not sure if I can wear it. I paid only $19 with postage form Us to Norway - I had to take it, hadn't I ..?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerlain-lover View Post
    I got my Youth Dew Amber Nude today. I'm not sure why I bought this really .. I'n not very fond of patchouli ... Ok, it's a great scent, but not sure if I can wear it. I paid only $19 with postage form Us to Norway - I had to take it, hadn't I ..?
    Most defenitely! Sooo much cheaper than in norway......

Thank you - Nobody in my house do understand me ..
    I'm wearing Amber Nude now - after an hour og two, it's quite nice

Quote Originally Posted by Guerlain-lover View Post
    Thank you - Nobody in my house do understand me ..
    I'm wearing Amber Nude now - after an hour og two, it's quite nice
    I've actually started not to tell the b.f(who happens to live in the same house)everytime i get something new now.So not very understanding :P

Red face Re: Today I bought ... (for October 2007)

another bottle of the fabulous Isabey Gardenia, BeautyHabit has a code for 25%off( not affiliated) for November
    code DCHABIT
    Love that fragrance.