Code of Conduct

Thumbs up L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme INTENSE: Revisited, Minus The Jet Lag

As you may know, I tried L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense last August in Seattle at the flagship Nordstrom there. And I didn't really care for it.

But, then again, I had gone through a long airplane trip that was 5+ hours with a layover in Detroit, plus my dad and I had to wait over an hour to rent a car at SeaTac Airport.

So, we were back at the mall today. Aside from checking out new garage door openers at Sears (later on, we found out that our existing one just needed a little fix... figures), I also stopped at Macy's. Wondering if my body chemistry's lousy reaction to L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense was a mix of gloomy Seattle weather and a bunch of jet lag complements of Northwest Airlines, Boeing, and Pratt & Whitney, I decided to retry it, as it had just arrived there.

Surprise! This time, I liked it. This time, it was a lot softer and not as harsh as I remembered. The incense midnote was a bit spicier this time, and the base was much easier on my nose, with a floral undertone and none of the harshness of the last try. Now, I could easily see L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense in my wardrobe.

Finally, in closing, I think that Beaute Prestige International has come out with a few scents that you really have to try two or more times to truly appreciate. This, of course, is one of them, along with Jean Paul Gaultier's Fleur du Male. Not that it's a bad thing at all... a lot of perfumers want it that way.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme INTENSE: Revisited, Minus The Jet Lag

Intense smells like the original Issey mixed with Bleue. Theres a synthetic geranium-like note in it that I can't stand. Also its not intense at all - longevity and projection is weaker than the original one.

Maybe I will like it if I tried it a few dozen times more.

Well I smelled it and I really liked it. I can't wait to find a man that it smells good on. I was getting a cologne for my best male friend. It was a toss up between that and the Narciso Rodriguez. I picked the NR because I know his body chemistry and the IMI was a little too sweet for him. I loved it though. Lord knows I love a good smelling man even more.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Intense is a fine scent. It's one of those scents that puts me in a better mood.

i'm having trouble appreciating "intense". i bought it because i found it intriguing in the store and wanted to challenge myself. but at home... a different story. it has a severe, dry, medicinal woodsiness that makes this one hard to love. the plain bottle with its dour black lettering and black cap perfectly capture the spirit of what's inside. this is NOT a strong version of the airy, green, fresh original Issey.

i'm willing to bet that like "bleue" this one will go the way of the dodo fairly soon -- it is simply too forbidding a scent to gain popular acceptance. someone earlier compared it to CK's "euphoria". trust me - in comparison to IMI, euphoria is a warm, toasty, loveable kinda scent!

however i'm going to hold on to it and keep trying. after all what's life without a challenge? maybe i'll wear it when i go trekking in the tropics to keep the bugs away.