Code of Conduct

Default Why does Sephora recommend Bulgari Black when I tell it I like Ralph Lauren Romance?

As the title says really! The Sephora website has a feature that allows you to select a fragrance you like, and it gives you a list of others you might like. Well the only link that wasn't dead was the one to Bulgari Black. I've seen that it has been discussed quite a lot here and seems to have a lot of fans. But from reading the descriptions of it being edgy, urban, rubbery, smokey and with lots of masculine qualities, I can't see how it is similar to the musky floral Romance, which is also quite conventional and safe - nobody would ever be puzzled to smell it on somebody. Are there any similarities? I've ordered a small bottle of BB because I'm intrigued to see what it's like, but until then I'd be interested in any answers!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why does Sephora recommend Bulgari Black when I tell it I like Ralph Lauren Roman

Baffles me! I poked around Sephora's website.They classify Romance as a feminine floral and Bulgari Black as a masculine dry woods and there are some similarities in their bases, but the feel and general effects sound worlds apart (never smelled the RL- wearing BB today) but they do refer each to the other.You will see a lot of chat today about BB- the men's board is wearing it en masse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Why does Sephora recommend Bulgari Black when I tell it I like Ralph Lauren Roman

Bvlgari Black doesn't smell similar at all, to my nose. Those kind of site features are not very useful. When I look for shoes onilne I get 5 more shoes that I "might like" but they are usually nothing like the style I was looking at. They just pop up the most popular shoes to see if they can get another sale. I am guessing it is pretty similar with the Sephora site. I would ask, from the noses of the people here, what is similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Bvlgari Black is not at all similar. It is tea-based, as I recall, and I once bought it for a man in my life, if that helps.

Similar to Ralph Lauren Romance:

Bvlgari Pour Femme
    Bvlgari Pour Femme Rose Essentielle, or Voile de Jasmin
    Vera Wang or Vera Wang Sheer Veil
    Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
    J'adore by Dior
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Thanks guys! It doesn't bother me that they're really different, I still can't wait to get my little bottle of Bulgari Black

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it suggested Bvlgari Black because people who bought Romance also bought Bvlgari Black. I don't think it had anything to do with both scents being similar to each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Why does Sephora recommend Bulgari Black when I tell it I like Ralph Lauren Roman

Quote Originally Posted by MiaKulpa View Post
    Thank you for this link, it is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Argh, fragrance finders. I wonder what information they go off of to make a "match". Maybe you're don't want all of your fragrances to smell exactly alike. :/