Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Smile Have a good laugh: I took part in fragrance focus group

I just participated in a focus-group discussion hosted by osMoz. I'm going to comply with an agreement that I not share any of that dialogue, but I thought you would all get a chuckle out of how we said good-bye after we were dismissed from the virtual world of Second Life where one walks/flies about as a human avatar.

QUARRY: Before we leave, tell me what you're wearing. I'm in Mandragore.

PARTICIPANT X: I'm wearing jeans. I'm in New York.

PARTICIPANT Y: I'm still wearing my pajamas. I'm in Chicago.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Have a good laugh: I took part in fragrance focus group

Not sure if I am reading it right: does this mean X and Y were not into fragrances at all? Just a few people that accidentally found themselves on osMoz?

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Not sure if I am reading it right: does this mean X and Y were not into fragrances at all? Just a few people that accidentally found themselves on osMoz?
    That's what I'm thinking. The focus-group discussion never touched upon products. It was about attitudes and feelings, as in "marketing." So I didn't know until we said our good-byes that these other gals were clueless that Mandragore was a fragrance, not my location. There were rewards for participating, so I guess that's why people showed up for this event.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

TOO funny, Quarry! I guess the name of that bewitchingly delicious juice confused them in such a way that they figured you were wearing some really unusual Russian dress or whatever. Well, let's hope their group will attract slightly more scent-focused people in the future .
    Last edited by BrothaG; 1st October 2007 at 08:31 PM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

HEE! That is hilarious... poor dears.

summer means fireflys

That is too funny!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Oh, Quarry, that's marvelous!

I do think there are some people who regularly attend focus groups, regardless of the subject matter, for the incentives. Let's just hope the Osmoz folks sends all the niche frag samples to you! Though "Chicago Pajamas" might be a pretty good name for a perfume. Hmmmm, what would the notes be?
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

Funny.

Congrats on the focus group - something tells me you'll be heads-and-shoulders above all of those in the 'group'.

I'm certain those kids thought Mandragore was a country in Southeast Asia.

I've been exploring Second Life as an educational tool. Some of my colleagues, however, seem to have more (and better) uses for it than I currently do.

Hopefully you get something interesting (preferrably real life samples) for your efforts.

This is really funny.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

So that's what your query was about??!! A "focus" group. Hmmmnn. You do the most interesting things!!

Great story - be sure to send us postcards from Mandragore!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Maybe they thought you said you were a man in drag?

I just laughed so hard I snorted, a tiny bit...Two of my cats are looking at me with open digust.

LOL! That's a good one, alright! I second a yearning for Chicago Pajamas. That just has a nice roll off the tongue, and makes me think of warm fuzziness with a bit of sass.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

lol... I didn't understand the Secondlife link but the dialog was so funny indeed! Just think of they scratching mellons to guess what kind of clothe is a mandragore...lol

P.S. Fantasizing about Chicago Pajamas, gangsta, and babes...lol

topnotes: Tar, gunpowder, nailpolish
    heart notes: lilies, carnation, gardenias
    basenotes: mahogany, musk, iris root, vetiver

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    lol... I didn't understand the Secondlife link but the dialog was so funny indeed!
    For a sense of what Second Life is like, view this video.
    http://www.osmoz.com/secondlife/new_video.htm
    Turn on your speakers to hear the music.

In SL you can chat by typing or actually talk (using a microphone with your computer). You can create your body type, skin color, facial features, hair style, and clothing, or you can shop for clothes (paying with Linden dollars) and hair-dos. You can buy land, build a home or museum or shop, etc. or just visit others' properties. Events are held there, such as Osmoz's party (shown in video) or discussion groups. You can walk, run, and fly. Basic membership is free, so if you've got the computer power, give it a try. Oh, yeah, there are ambient sounds, too--waves crashing, birds whistling. In the Victorian village, a steam train warns of its arrival with a dinging bell.

I'm still struggling with some of the gestures and movements, but would enjoy meeting BNers at Perfume Island where we could chat or verbally talk.
    Last edited by Quarry; 4th October 2007 at 04:41 PM.