Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Just got Nicole Miller and.........

The moment i sprayed it, it smelt of alcohol/thinner. I thought maybe i was sniffing it from too close, but i did start thinking that it was spoilt.
    No fruity notes on the top.
    In about 5 minutes, it started smelling of Petrol. It was just unbearable. It felt as if i was in a car that had just been refuelled and the fuel overflowed.

I thought maybe it was my skin (unshowered). I sprayed some on a shirt and its the same except that it isnt as intense as it was on my skin.

The bottle surely looks genuine. It also came boxed except that it was partially used. Comes from a seller from whom i've had a good experience ( bought Cuiron from him).

Do you think this bottle is off? I am sure it is but i just didn't know where else to go and ask.
    Has anyone else ever had a similar encounter with Nicole miller for men?

Waiting to hear....

Thanks

gupts

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just got Nicole Miller and.........

Nicole Miller what? and why a whole bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

nicole miller is one of my favorites, but it is strong up front...i love it, but have heard someone say they didnt like it because its so strong...to me it smells like whiskey, oranges and tobacco...and i love it! u may have bad bottle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    Nicole Miller what? and why a whole bottle?

Nicole Miller for men...the one in the brown box....the one thats discontinued....

Post Thanks / Like

Besides the notes already mentioned in this thread, I find NM does also have an oil or gasoline note to it. I think if you search this forum, you may find it mentioned elsewhere. It's in no way a dominant note in the frag though. Maybe this note becomes more apparent when the juice spoils or maybe your nose is just more sensitive to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Besides the notes already mentioned in this thread, I find NM does also have an oil or gasoline note to it. I think if you search this forum, you may find it mentioned elsewhere. It's in no way a dominant note in the frag though. Maybe this note becomes more apparent when the juice spoils or maybe your nose is just more sensitive to it.
    Mate...i was going to look out for you....I remember seeing all those NM bottles stashed in your refrigerator....

Hmm....So it has a gasoline note too....I did try to search the threads but couldn't really find any evidence..Will redo....
    You don't have any experience with a bottle thats 'off'?

Well my nose is only getting petrol from it and not another thing. I will continue to test it over the coming days to see if anything changes.

Thanks for your contribution.

gupts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Mate...i was going to look out for you....I remember seeing all those NM bottles stashed in your refrigerator....

Hmm....So it has a gasoline note too....I did try to search the threads but couldn't really find any evidence..Will redo....
    You don't have any experience with a bottle thats 'off'?

Well my nose is only getting petrol from it and not another thing. I will continue to test it over the coming days to see if anything changes.

Thanks for your contribution.

gupts
    I'll try to find where I saw the gasoline note mentioned. Maybe it was on a perfume retailer's site that hosts reviews.

I've gone through several minis, a travel size, sniffed several different after-shave splash bottles, and it happened to be my SOTD today from the tester I'm half-way through. They've all smelled exactly the same to me - delicious.

I had a similar problem with Azzaro Visit. I bought it blind based on rave reviews here on BN. All I could smell at first was straight, sharp alcohol. But I knew there had to be more to it due to the following it had here. So I kept at it. I tried it several more times over a period of a couple weeks. The strong, obvious, sweet cedar finally "hit" me. It's been one of my favorites since. Weird.

To me Nicole Miller smells like orange juice & gasohol...
    That being said, i do like it.
    Last edited by knightowl; 2nd October 2007 at 05:13 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I always just found it to be Minotaure with more citrus and a touch of more florals. The corrugated cardboard box was ugly, and the bottle looked like a cheap knock-off of Montana Parfum d'Homme's cool Deco design.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 2nd October 2007 at 01:54 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I'll try to find where I saw the gasoline note mentioned. Maybe it was on a perfume retailer's site that hosts reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    To me Nicole Miller smells like orange juice & gasohol...
    That being said, i do like it.
    That explains that there is indeed a 'gasoline' note in Nicole Miller for men.
    Strangely that is a dominating note for me when i sniff it.

The only other fragrance that i am aware of that has a gasoline note is 'Fahrenheit' and i remember when i tested it, it just reeked of petrol smell.

I have tried to identify the element behind this 'fuel' note and the culprit looks like it is 'sandalwood'.
    Sandalwood is present in both NM for men and Fahrenheit.

Can you share your opinions on this assertion?

gupts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    That explains that there is indeed a 'gasoline' note in Nicole Miller for men.
    Strangely that is a dominating note for me when i sniff it.

The only other fragrance that i am aware of that has a gasoline note is 'Fahrenheit' and i remember when i tested it, it just reeked of petrol smell.

I have tried to identify the element behind this 'fuel' note and the culprit looks like it is 'sandalwood'.
    Sandalwood is present in both NM for men and Fahrenheit.

Can you share your opinions on this assertion?

gupts
    I agree with you on the Fahrenheit. With Fahrenheit, I get a dirty engine oil note but with NM, I get a gasoline/clean-motor-oil note. I suspect that these notes are caused by a combination of ingredients, not a single one like sandalwood. I have plenty of other sandalwood frags that do not have anything resembling a petrol note.

You should try wearing it or spraying it on a paper strip and get some other peoples' opinions. If everybody agrees that it smells terrible (like pure alcohol or petrol), maybe it has gone bad (don't say to them "does this smell like petrol to you?" - just ask for their impression). But if you get some good reactions, it probably means the juice is fine and that your nose is just sensitive to the petrol note for some reason. If the latter is the case, maybe give Montana a try instead or just put the NM away and retry it ocassionally as your nose gains experience. As an example, I originally tried Chanel Antaeus a couple years ago and didn't like it at all. I gave it a good try too, off-and-on for a couple weeks because it had a very loyal following here at BN - so it must be good right? Recently I've tried it a few more times and have begun to have a little more appreciation for it. I may consider adding it to my wardrobe.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 2nd October 2007 at 03:39 PM.

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

is there anything for a nut like me who pulls into a gas station while you're filling the bimmer or merc or Japanese rice rocket that 20 to 35's can't live without today?

I'm the guy in the 72 Torino Station wagaon with a wife a girlfriend, a boyfriend and a compliment of kids all different colors and races and yes I think they're all mine.... who knows. And the car is belching grey, black and white puffs of cummulus cloud looking toxic abhorhence that gives people the idea they can give me dirty looks till I start playing with my butterfly knife.

Is there a nice niche fragrance for a gentleman like me in a nice last summer weight oil and leaded gasoline and maybe a whale vomit note? or not?
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 2nd October 2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: good writing takes gud editing