Code of Conduct

Default Hope you don't mind if I ask about a women's fragrance, gentlemen

What do you all think about TM's Alien? Just got this today, and I'm still trying to figure out whether I should keep this or if it goes up for swap.

Thanks so much!!!

Default Re: Hope you don't mind if I ask about a women's fragrance, gentlemen

Bizarre -- truly one of the strangest things I've ever smelled.
    Try it before you buy it -- I'm not saying it's bad, no, but WEIRD beyond words.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by bashful_in_newyork View Post
    What do you all think about TM's Alien? Just got this today, and I'm still trying to figure out whether I should keep this or if it goes up for swap.

Thanks so much!!!

well, my dear lady,
    I ve smelled it last friday in a discotheque...perhaps the woman had had used to many, but I think they are better frags for a girl - lady..

Regards,
    Renz

Thank you guys!!

I find it a splendid scent, and as with most of Mugler's creations (B-men aside), he has forged new territories with Alien.
    But even now after 2 years or so, Im in two minds. Theres something ultimately luxurious and delicious about it... but that collides with some random component that gives it a bit of a kitsch edge.

Bottom line: its a keeper - for when you want to smell mysterious!

Thanks for your feedback, Dimitri. It seems to sort of go against my personality in a sense LOL. I'm never really "mysterious" per se. Even when I'm dressed up and feel like a million bucks,...I'm still a bit shy and feel like I'm more "cute" and "bubbly" more so than "mysterious".

I've very much enjoyed it on women around me. I knew a few at work who used it from time to time and it was always fab. Go easy on the trigger with that one though.

A secretary at our office had it on almost a month ago. I had to ask her the name of it, because I liked it very much, but I did not give it a try yet. I'll give it a try soon. The only thing that I don't like about it is its name, because I don't get the relation with an alien. I was expecting a weird or a strange fragrance.

Alien is one of my favorite scents. In fact, it is the frag that I have received the most compliments on. The 1st time I tried it, it didn't do well. I went back a few months later and for some reason just felt like I should give it another try. This time it was something totally opposite of what I had tried the 1st time. Now, I wear mine with Aveda Patchouli. Whenever I wear it, I get stopped by men and women. The scent is very unusual to say the least, but I love it. It's my S/O favorite too by the way.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Thanks so much everyone!!! Looks like I'll see how this one goes for a few months. Diva, that's a really good idea to layer it with Aveda Patchoulli...that sounds heavenly.