Code of Conduct

Exclamation I double-dog dare ya Dior!

That's right! If Yves St Laurent can put out a proper, longlasting edp for Opium homme then I expect you to have the resources to get your new Dior Homme Intense version right-the first time! I will forgive the 'Cologne' thing for the moment.

So, I dare you and if your web minions come across this post then bewarned 'cause when I go to Paris next year I'll stand in front of your store window on the Champs Elysee and make crazy fou-fou faces at you!

NO! I'll walk into your store sporting the Canadian fashion crime of 'sandles and socks!'

Default Re: I double-dog dare ya Dior!

Yes we surely need some Dior Homme on 'steroids' because the current Dior Homme lacks that punch. Its a beautiful fragrance but lacks decent 'longevity' and doesn't give out enough sillage. The 'cologne' version as you mentioned has been indeed a letdown. Sometimes i wonder how these companies come out with their 2nd version and instead of improving on the 1st, they fiddle with it and make it worse.

Opium ph edp is a fantastic enhancement of opium edt and as i speak i am enjoying it since i just put it on as my Sot-night.

gupts

LOL,

I agree on all accounts!

I will join your crusade, and even though I'd never do this otherwise, I'll also wear sandals and socks into the store and make ugly french faces! (they could never handle this)
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Another vote in support

Although I like the current version and own a bottle of it, i'm all for the Intense version

I'll probably shop for my wedding gown in Paris so I'll go and swear them. jk

I noticed this thing too and it's the only thing which made me not buy their stuff.

I'll be there with a hip pack, shorts, and a camera.
    I'll bring some of the tourists from the outlet mall too, with their mickey mouse crocs and water bottles.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Well, what's Dior's track recored been? Higher Black, Higher Energy, Eau Savage Extreme, Fahrenheit 32, and etc. Only one worth anything is Fahrenheit 32 which is an entirely new scent and smells nothing like the original. Don't get your hopes up...
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Hey, how 'bout we all wear tank tops and polyester stretch pants to the Dior boutique in Paris and we won't leave until they give us what we want?

On second thought, polyester? Not my thing. Scratch that idea!

I'm in total denial that the Cologne exists, who in their right mind would complain that the original is too heavy when the base is mostly vetiver, not to mention it transitions there pretty quickly. I'll just accept the notion that someone wanted a summer version and leave it at that.

I'm starting to suspect Polge is trying to jump on the Ellena minimalist bandwagon. Frankly I don't think that's his style. Is he going to be creating Intense?

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

According to OsMoz, Cologne wasn't done by Polge, but by François Demachy. I'm not sure who will be doing Intense, but I'm betting it's the other guy.

http://www.osmoz.com/encyclo/marques...RFUM&LANGUE=en

Dior Homme lasts a good 8-9 hours on me.

I dont need no EDP or "Intense" version of this slammin' juice yo ...
    -

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    Hey, how 'bout we all wear tank tops and polyester stretch pants to the Dior boutique in Paris and we won't leave until they give us what we want?

On second thought, polyester? Not my thing. Scratch that idea!
    I say we walk in and accidentally drop glass bottles of Blue Sugar all over the store!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 3rd October 2007 at 01:59 AM.

I actually have to apply Dior Homme very carefully or else I get insane sillage out of it...it also lasts a very long time. I am still looking ahead at the extreme though as it would be great to have a version of Dior Homme with a tiny bit less sweetness and a tiny bit more edge. With the vanilla and whatnot being added, I doubt the extreme will be what I'm looking for but we'll see.

I'm with zztop. Leave it alone, its already perfect!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    According to OsMoz, Cologne wasn't done by Polge, but by François Demachy. I'm not sure who will be doing Intense, but I'm betting it's the other guy.

http://www.osmoz.com/encyclo/marques...RFUM&LANGUE=en
    I was getting worried he was turning into Mr. Minimalism because I couldn't quite forgive
    him for Allure Sport Cologne!

Pity if Polge doesn't create Intense.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    I was getting worried he was turning into Mr. Minimalism because I couldn't quite forgive
    him for Allure Sport Cologne!

Pity if Polge doesn't create Intense.
    Dior Homme was created by Olivier Polge, Jacques Polge's (Chanel) son.