Code of Conduct

Wink Cardinal is dare i say "heavenly"

i recieved a sample from one very generous basenoter and i have to say that i am genuflecting to the superiority of this fragrance. This is the ultimate "catholic" fragrance, but the type of catholic fragrance that you might wear while corrupting a beautiful catholic woman...ha ha and i can say that too because i am catholic(lapsed anyway). Regardless, i love this frag by heeley and i want a full bottle now though i have enough cologne already, i guess i will have to ask forgiveness for my gluttony!

Peace be with you...haha
    Last edited by jdnba; 2nd October 2007 at 09:34 PM.

Default Re: Cardinal is dare i say "heavenly"

This über-lapsed Catholic (i.e., former Jesuit seminarian turned utter apostate/infidel) can and does sympathize with you completely. The last time my mother dragged my grumpy ass to Midnight Mass, the incense was, I assure you, the only redeeming factor. Had that mass been devoid of the incense (as so many post-Vatican II masses are, even on the holidays), I would have been both inconsolable and petulant.

I used to go to the local Antiochian Orthodox church on occasion with a friend (just for christenings, weddings and the like), and I never have forgotten how grateful I was on those occasions to the Byzantine culture for having preserved such a rich and varied array of incenses as the Orthodox still use. (Latin incenses tend to be much more uniform, more frankincense-based, and fewer in sheer number of types.)

I've yet to sample Heeley's Cardinal; however, I am ga-ga apeshit for Avignon, Passage d'Enfer and Incensi -- all three of which are more Catholic than the Pope himself.

Onward with the censer -- lift high your billowing smoke!
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 2nd October 2007 at 09:51 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

If you like Avignon and Passage d"infer, then run--do not walk--run out and get Cardinal (pick up some Fine Leather, while you're at it). You won't be dissapointed! Heeley makes great stuff--my other favorite is their Cedre Blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    If you like Avignon and Passage d"infer, then run--do not walk--run out and get Cardinal (pick up some Fine Leather, while you're at it). You won't be dissapointed! Heeley makes great stuff--my other favorite is their Cedre Blanc.
    fine leather is good huh...can you tell me what to expect?
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    This über-lapsed Catholic (i.e., former Jesuit seminarian turned utter apostate/infidel) can and does sympathize with you completely. The last time my mother dragged my grumpy ass to Midnight Mass, the incense was, I assure you, the only redeeming factor. Had that mass been devoid of the incense (as so many post-Vatican II masses are, even on the holidays), I would have been both inconsolable and petulant.

I used to go to the local Antiochian Orthodox church on occasion with a friend (just for christenings, weddings and the like), and I never have forgotten how grateful I was on those occasions to the Byzantine culture for having preserved such a rich and varied array of incenses as the Orthodox still use. (Latin incenses tend to be much more uniform, more frankincense-based, and fewer in sheer number of types.)

I've yet to sample Heeley's Cardinal; however, I am ga-ga apeshit for Avignon, Passage d'Enfer and Incensi -- all three of which are more Catholic than the Pope himself.

Onward with the censer -- lift high your billowing smoke!
    Great post! ha ha i went to a jesuit school for high school called Jesuit High School...funny that you said that and i agree i think they need to bring incense back to mass as well as a latin and then maybe i might go....thanks for the response, i am going to get samples of those that you mentioned!
    Last edited by jdnba; 2nd October 2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fine leather is all about soft leather and violets--very manly, although it may not sound that way. This reminds me of Grey Flannel's slightly naughty, rich European cousin. Check out the luckyscent website--they have excellent descriptions.
    Last edited by Oviatt; 2nd October 2007 at 10:39 PM.

It sounds very good, as does Cardinal.
    And yes, Oviatt, you're right -- luckyscent DOES have super descriptions on its website!
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 2nd October 2007 at 11:21 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I would have bought those two and maybe even Menthe Fraiche if they were making smaller bottles (50ml perhaps). I have too many 100 ml bottles that'll take me probably more than a lifetime to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post