Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Neiman Marcus and the entire L'Artisan line?

I happened to walk through the Neiman Marcus fragrance department this past Sunday in a different path than I usually travel through the store, and tucked in a corner (in a baroque wooden cabinet) was the entire L'Artisan line. I thought I was hallucinating...I've never even SEEN these at the store before, much less have I ever seen all of them together before, since I don't live near a L'Artisan boutique or someplace like Aedes/Luckyscent/etc. I kind of froze - total deer in the headlights. I was in L'Artisan heaven!

The SA (a really cute and very helpful guy) was extremely chatty and I got to sample until about I ran out of room on both arms. I considered spraying my legs, but I wasn't wearing shorts... I think I amazed him about how much I knew about the scents themselves.

I walked away with 2 carded samples each of Mure et Musc Extreme, Patchouli Patch (wow - neat stuff!) and Fou d"Absinthe. I also smelled the Jatmansi (the 'organic' one...not for me) and some of the Limited Edition stuff like L'Eau du Fleuriste...and many others I cannot remember because the price tags were scaring me and I didn't even want to touch the bottles for fear of dropping them!

Good times.

So, does your Neiman's have the L'Artisan 'buffet', like this one?

p.s. - They did NOT have Dzing in stock. I asked why (not telling the SA I had heard it was discontinued) and he said he didn't know. [[yeah right]] Dzing lovers - stock up now!!

Default Re: Neiman Marcus and the entire L'Artisan line?

Yeps, the Neiman Marcus at Fashion Island has the entire line on display, including the L'Artisan fragrance balls (whatever they are called).

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I think my local Neiman's (Troy, Michigan) must be like a class D store or something. They don't have sh*t! (except Creed!)
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

They really don't have anything like this from where I am from. I havn't been home to New York in a while so I don't know if they have updated the stores to include such amazing scents yet, but here, they have nothing...

I have so many I want to sample so they bess be making this a national conformity.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    They really don't have anything like this from where I am from. I havn't been home to New York in a while so I don't know if they have updated the stores to include such amazing scents yet, but here, they have nothing...

I have so many I want to sample so they bess be making this a national conformity.
    Yeah, Nordies puts Niemans to shame around here, unless you're looking for Creeds.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

LOL, Neiman Marcus has always been carrying L'artisan and Creed good for you to find out, I can imagine the happiness

My Neiman Marcus never carried any L'Artisan... except somehow they had ONE bottle of Mechant Loup in their stock. I don't know how it got there. I bought it and found out later that they overcharged me and were not going to be helpful in giving me credit. I'm not going back ever.

I shop at the same Neimans and mall as Scentronic - it IS very disappointing. You can find the whole Creed line there, and some Acqua di Parma and Clive Christian, but otherwise it features the same commercial fragrances you find at every other department store. No L'artisan there. My boring Troy store has never hired a cute or charming young man for the women's fragrances. Instead, an older gentleman about 60 years old or so stands behind the counter, presumably to convey "class." He doesn't do much else besides stand there. He's not friendly, doesn't seem to know much about most fragrances, and rarely talks to customers unless they demand it of him. I've always meant to ask the manager exactly what purpose this man serves. - he certainly doesn't make me WANT to approach the counter.

This Troy NM I'm talking about is also in the same mall as Saks, Nordstrom, Macy's and Sephora, but as exciting as that sounds, they've ALL been cutting back considerably on unique fragrance lines. I never got around to sampling much of Diptyque or Floris at NM, or Caron at Saks, before they were removed. And then Penhaligon's opted out of their Saks boutiques in favor of stand-alone stores. Even our Saks seems to be of the "Class D" distinction. I'd love to be able to go there and test Creed's LE Amalfi Flowers, but there's little hope of Troy being such a "selected" location. (Sigh) . . all these stores and so few "thrills" to be found.

Yeah, whats with that guy? He's a dick! LOL

Claudia and oh geez whats her name.... anyway, the other two ladies that are usually there are pretty nice. But I think they're on to my game of getting Creed samples from them and then buying the bottle at a discount online! LOL actually, I did actually buy my GIT, MI, ZMP, and BdG there ($600 worth) so they shouldn't have any issues with me.

Its like I've already tried everything at Saks, NM, and Norsdstrom, so I don't go nearly as much anymore. They still want me to be excited about Antitdote and stuff like that there.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I would think L'Artisan would't need further visibility of their line now that they are opening their own stand alone stores around the US.
    -

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I would think L'Artisan would't need further visibility of their line now that they are opening their own stand alone stores around the US.
    I agree. Probably why the L'Artisan rep was in person at the opening of the Barneys in S. Fran.

Also, the Neiman Marcus L'Artisan area also had the cutest little high table setup, with about 10 of the scents displayed and next to each scent a small round dish (no more than a couple inches in diameter) with herbs/spices/dried flowers in the dishes - signifying the prominent ingredient in the scent. It was definitely eye catching and not the kind of thing you normally see in a Neiman Marcus fragrance department.