Code of Conduct

Default No love for Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere?

I feel like this is my best fragrance discovery in a couple of years but it seems like it hasn't registered on anyone besides myself and mikeperez. I guess we could rename it Chanel No 5 pour Homme. At first I thought it was too light, but I discovered it was more a problem of the stingy sprayer on my decant.

A lightly powdery aldehylic opening, smoothly blended arc of florals in the heart, and a lightly powdery vanilla base free of extraneous sweetness that becomes chocolate-like on my skin. It reminds me a lot of L'Instant pour Homme towards the middle and base, though more floral.

I was more impressed with this after coming bak to it after trying a few soliflores like Prada's Iris and FM's Carnal Flower.

Where's the love? (The 5oz bottle is ridiculously large though.)
    Last edited by Carlos; 3rd October 2007 at 03:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: No love for Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere?

I have not tried it yet but I am dying to. I unfortunately live in a small city that is about the last place to get anything new. Our department stores here suck. The Chanel SA's did not even know what I was talking about when I asked when they may be getting it

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I Just heard that Chanel pulled all of the No. 5 Eau Premiere from the shelves - stating that it was some kind of formulation problem. My first thought when I heard this was, oh sh*t I should have bought a bottle because then these 'original' bottles will be worth more than the 'new' bottles. And then I thought - what if Chanel fixes it and I don't like it.

Article here: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...tpones_la.html

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I Just heard that Chanel pulled all of the No. 5 Eau Premiere from the shelves - stating that it was some kind of formulation problem. My first thought when I heard this was, oh sh*t I should have bought a bottle because then these 'original' bottles will be worth more than the 'new' bottles. And then I thought - what if Chanel fixes it and I don't like it.

Article here: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...tpones_la.html
    I share your concern here, I find something I like and now they are going to "fix" it.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told that launch has been delayed in Canada until sometime in 2008. The SA told me Chanel was having a production problem with the spray mechanism on the bottle.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried the fragrance at Saks, loved it but it lasted all of two minutes on my skin. So unfortunately, not worth the investment for me.
    "Mom….now the kitten smells like Chamade!"