Code of Conduct

Default No love for Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere?

I feel like this is my best fragrance discovery in a couple of years but it seems like it hasn't registered on anyone besides myself and mikeperez. I guess we could rename it Chanel No 5 pour Homme. At first I thought it was too light, but I discovered it was more a problem of the stingy sprayer on my decant.

A lightly powdery aldehylic opening, smoothly blended arc of florals in the heart, and a lightly powdery vanilla base free of extraneous sweetness that becomes chocolate-like on my skin. It reminds me a lot of L'Instant pour Homme towards the middle and base, though more floral.

I was more impressed with this after coming bak to it after trying a few soliflores like Prada's Iris and FM's Carnal Flower.

Where's the love? (The 5oz bottle is ridiculously large though.)
    Last edited by Carlos; 3rd October 2007 at 03:59 AM.

Default Re: No love for Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere?

I have not tried it yet but I am dying to. I unfortunately live in a small city that is about the last place to get anything new. Our department stores here suck. The Chanel SA's did not even know what I was talking about when I asked when they may be getting it

Basenotes Institution

I Just heard that Chanel pulled all of the No. 5 Eau Premiere from the shelves - stating that it was some kind of formulation problem. My first thought when I heard this was, oh sh*t I should have bought a bottle because then these 'original' bottles will be worth more than the 'new' bottles. And then I thought - what if Chanel fixes it and I don't like it.

Article here: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...tpones_la.html

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I Just heard that Chanel pulled all of the No. 5 Eau Premiere from the shelves - stating that it was some kind of formulation problem. My first thought when I heard this was, oh sh*t I should have bought a bottle because then these 'original' bottles will be worth more than the 'new' bottles. And then I thought - what if Chanel fixes it and I don't like it.

Article here: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...tpones_la.html
    I share your concern here, I find something I like and now they are going to "fix" it.

I was told that launch has been delayed in Canada until sometime in 2008. The SA told me Chanel was having a production problem with the spray mechanism on the bottle.

Basenotes Plus

I tried the fragrance at Saks, loved it but it lasted all of two minutes on my skin. So unfortunately, not worth the investment for me.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme