Code of Conduct

Default Between a few options for fall/winter

B*Men
    Burberry London
    Banana Republic Black Walnut

Each of those are beautiful scents to me and amazing for the fall/winter weather I'm entering. Which would you choose? B*Men is sort of nostalgic to me of last year's Christmas, and both London and Black Walnut just smell so delicious and Christmasy to me.

Also, are there any other scents that remind you of Christmas?
    Last edited by genvy5; 3rd October 2007 at 08:23 AM.

Default Re: Between a few options for fall/winter

Of those three, I would choose Burberry London for sure. The other two don't really agree with me.

Gucci PH is Christmassy to be because it reminds me of a smoldering hearth. Eau Lente is even more Christmassy because it reminds me of my grandmother's baking.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 3rd October 2007 at 07:44 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

The old Burberry's for Men (sadly, long discontinued) has special holiday memories for me, and so does (laugh all you want) Polo Green. The past few years I've been wearing anything warm and cozy -- Bois de Portugal, B*men, Catalyst etc. Our Christmahanusolstikahs in Oklahoma and north Texas tend to be on the crisp side, and so I usually pick a frag that's warm and fairly familiar. May try Carven Homme this year, or possibly Chergui. Have thought about the elegant and coniferous Fou d'Absinthe, too.

I wore Scent Intense last year, as I'd just gotten it from a friend and had liked it out of the bottle. It's then that I realized how much I personally hated that fragrance on me -- yes, it was at Christmas at my Da's house last year that I decided to swap it as soon as I got home. (I'm not sure, but that may have been my very first Basenotes swap.) Christmas-y it wasn't, and it just DIDN'T work on my skin. (Sharp jasmine overdose to the point of nausea, and "dark" only to the extent that it was making my vision dim.)

I never wear "sexy" frags home -- no, the very thought of wearing Yatagan or Musc Ravageur or Monsieur Musk around my family makes my skin crawl, and would probably ruin those frags for me for all time and eternity. No, just give me a bottle of Merlot or Shiraz and let me make it through the f*cking evening w/o wanting to commit capital murder. As I once told Paul (my other half of 13 years), "The chief difference between your family and mine is that your family is fun to drink with, while MY family just makes me want to drink."

A wintery fragrance, a warm sweater and a bottle of Merlot -- ah, that paradise were enow!
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 3rd October 2007 at 01:16 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    As I once told Paul (my other half of 13 years, "The chief difference between your family and mine is that your family is fun to drink with, while MY family just makes me want to drink."

LOL

Blog Entries

Burberry Brit is VERY Christmas-y to me. I've worn it for the past two years during the Christmas season. I'm thinking it's all the ginger & nutmeg & vanilla . Yummy!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

My choice would be Burberry London as well. It's gonna be my first purchase when the weather cools down to Fall temps.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    Burberry Brit is VERY Christmas-y to me. I've worn it for the past two years during the Christmas season. I'm thinking it's all the ginger & nutmeg & vanilla . Yummy!!!
    I totally agree, it reminds me of gingerbread cookies which I strangely associate with christmas for some reason!

Burberry London without a shadow of a doubt!

I wore it this morning on a foggy frosty day, and some amazing nuances i hadnt noticed before emerged!

A definite for the cooler months!

While I also love Burberry London, I wouldn't discount BN Black Walnut. Yes, they're similar, and I would agree that London blows BNBW out of the water in a head-to-head competition.

But I have an odd fondness for Black Walnut. I guess it just works with my chemistry.

London is in the lead. What does the community have to say of Black Walnut's longevity/sillage?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line View Post
    But I have an odd fondness for Black Walnut. I guess it just works with my chemistry.
    I have an odd fondness for Black Walnut as well. I think it smells great, but unfortunately I think this one crosses the realm of too masculine for me to wear (and this is coming from a chick who LOVES to wear M7!). I've only ever tested it on my arms & back of my hands...& it's been awhile since I've tested it...so unfortunately I can't attest to it's longevity.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    (and this is coming from a chick who LOVES to wear M7!).
    M7 is distinctly feminine to me, so that isn't so weird.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Just re-read your post and now feel like an idiot.
    (Must have been tired last night when I posted.)

All three are excellent choices, but I'd go with the B*men or the London.
    Black Walnut is very nice, but it doesn't last very long on me.
    I'd go with the B*men if you want a little sweetness with your spice, but London if you want more spice and less sugar.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Haha, I was wondering what you were thinking when you were talking about the old Burberry London XD Funny you say that though, I perceive B*Men as spicier and London as sweeter.. weird. Perhaps more testing is in order.