Code of Conduct

Default What's going on with Strawberrynet?

Well, I have made several purchases from them, with free shipping fee (of course it's included in the price). Their prices were okay, quite acceptable for online purchase compared with other web sites. On 3 Oct, I noticed that they offered a wider range of products, which is a good thing, but, there are 2 main negative changes;

1. Prices have been increased. USD10-15 have been added up on some scents!

2. They charge 10% of the total amount for shipping fee (international). Ex: total USD60 x 10% = USD66.

Anybody knows about this change? Did they change the management team or what? I have many scents on my wishlist and I just looked at them again, their prices have been increased to the level that I have to sigh. Oh dear, I enjoy this hobby a lot but now the best way of buying scents has been narrowed.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: What's going on with Strawberrynet?

I ordered from Strawberry on the 30th of September. No shipping charges. I don't know about recent changes (prices, shipping charges etc.) because their site is not available right now.

They charge extra money for transport of fragrances, up to 10% of total cost, which has something to do with recent changes to to air transport polices and procedures. It seems to be a necessary evil. Nonetheless, I still think their prices are reasonably good, all things considered.

QE

The value of the dollar on the international market has been falling. Most of the fragrances are European and the value of the Euro has been going up compared to the dollar--consequently, the companies that sell at dollar prices have to charge more dollars just to pay for what they are buying.

Edit: this should be in a different forum.
    Last edited by foetidus; 5th October 2007 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks guys. There are some great deals there anyway. I'm still waiting for Guerlain Vetiver, Mat Very Male and Preferred Stock from them (which haven't been sent yet).
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Strawberrynet.com don't ship fragrances from Hong Kong anymore. My last orders with fragrances came not from Hong Kong, but from the USA. I think, Strawberrynet has agreement with some company in the USA. Is it fragrancenet.com? Identical packaging.

Hi Iggy, I've got a reply from them. They now have changed the dispatch system in which the wrapping would be like the old style. They are also expecting to offer a better price next year and perhaps, cologne will again be shipped from Hong Kong.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Has anyone ordered from Strawberrynet recently? I placed an order 2 weeks ago, I haven't received it yet, and my shipping status (dispatched from warehouse) hasn't changed since Dec. 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Has anyone ordered from Strawberrynet recently? I placed an order 2 weeks ago, I haven't received it yet, and my shipping status (dispatched from warehouse) hasn't changed since Dec. 31st.

I have. I think they may have changed their shipping companies or something, because 1) the tracking process isn't the same as it used to be and 2) it's taking about a week longer for the stuff to arrive than it used to.

It's taken me 2 to 3 weeks to receive stuff. In the past, maybe a week and a half.

I emailed them asking to explain exactly what that "dispatched from warehouse" thing meant--and basically they said it means that it's arrived in the US, but is sitting in customs and hasn't made it to a local post office yet. I've also heard that it could mean that it's sitting in a crate in China waiting to go out when all the other containers are ready.

Either way it will arrive eventually, don't worry.
    Looking to Swap: Christopher Street by Charenton Macerations: I have a brand new unopened bottle. If you're interested, send me a message.

Looking for: Amyris Homme: If you want it off your hands, send me a message. I'd prefer to swap for it.

@Buysblind Thanks for the info! Yes, the last time I ordered from them last year I actually received it within a week. Hopefully, it arrives this week.

Haven't ordered from them for a while but I admit I was a little puzzled as to why my last package from them had to transit a few days in Sweden before coming to the US.

I live in Australia, and they are very quick - about a week or so.
    Renato

I had a bad experience with the Strawberrynet UK site. I ordered a bottle, and it wasn't until after my order was accepted that they told me it might be shipped from outside the European Union - which, if my parcel was stopped by customs, would add VAT, import duty, and a Post Office charge to the price (and that would make it more expensive than the shops in the UK).

But the same announcement assured me that if I faced any import charges, they would voluntarily refund me - all I had to do was send the evidence to them.

My parcel arrived, and was stopped by customs - and I had £24 in extra charges to pay. So I followed the Strawberrynet instructions and sent them the details... and I heard nothing in return. So I emailed them... no reply. I emailed them again... still no reply.

I never got my refund, and I never even got a reply.

I'll certainly never use them again, and would recommend anyone in the EU to avoid them too.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    I was just about to start a thread on this exact same subject. I ordered something from them like 2 weeks back, and the tracking number they sent me still hasn't registered on USPS.com. Also their official tracking has said that it left the warehouse around 2 weeks back, but it doesn't even say it's in transit yet. All the orders I've ever made from Japan shipped and arrived usually within 10 days or so shipped from Sweden. This time ordering from the US site, the tracking code is from like Fiji or somewhere left field like that I think. Buysblind's post is reassuring though. Hopefully it shows up this week.

Default L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme on Strawberrynet!!!! Currently Available $78 USD

im not sure if they secured a dealer to supply the frag. permanently but I remember that it usually is never there.

I just checked and its available.

http://us.strawberrynet.com/mens-fra.../97587/#DETAIL

You're Welcome

Default Re: L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme on Strawberrynet!!!! Currently Available $78 USD

Quote Originally Posted by karanb1r View Post
    im not sure if they secured a dealer to supply the frag. permanently but I remember that it usually is never there.

I just checked and its available.

http://us.strawberrynet.com/mens-fra.../97587/#DETAIL

You're Welcome

You're a good person for passing this on, karanb1r.

I've already got a backup bottle, so I'm going to pass this time, but it's a ripping price for a great fragrance.

- - - Updated - - -

There are currently 8 units in stock...man those things really do go quickly!

Default Re: L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme on Strawberrynet!!!! Currently Available $78 USD

Good news for those who don't have it.

Not anymore...
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

Just posted a thread for UK guys - it's £22.95 for 75ml or £29.95 for 125ml. That's pretty much half price for a frag that is very rarely dicsounted

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPa...productId=9276

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Just posted a thread for UK guys - it's £22.95 for 75ml or £29.95 for 125ml. That's pretty much half price for a frag that is very rarely dicsounted

You have the "non extreme" version. But a good price anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Oops yep. On the other thread I have stated correctly

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Oops yep. On the other thread I have stated correctly

Price looks right, I may just have to grab it. Not really feeling the asking prices/markup some members are requesting.

I almost broke my mouse after clicking that link so fast. Thought Cheapsmells had lost the plot selling Extreme for that price.

Still a good price for the EDT version though.

Thanks for posting this, just bought a bottle.

Strawberry net usually get it in every 3 or so weeks, but its gone after 2 or 3 days lol.

No problem. It's gone now haha

Thanks for the tip. I just made my first blind buy. 😉

IanH

I received the bottle yesterday, but according to the lot Number it was produced in Aug,2012. Wasn't it discontinued?

Just recently saw these most recent posts. What has been said seems a little frightening, I have to say.

My only experience with them (in October???) last year was actually very good. Purchased one cosmetic item (a face cream I think) from heir eBay store. It got delivered in no time, no problems with customs (it was <£29) and they even left feedback on eBay for me. Tracking number seemed genuine as well.

Not really sure what else to say about them, but if I do order again I'll be very cautious!

Now I feel bad for not saying something on Friday when these went up...

I actually ordered a bottle 2 weeks ago when it was still only $63. It hasn't arrived though (usually, I receive my orders from them within a week).

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I was just about to start a thread on this exact same subject. I ordered something from them like 2 weeks back, and the tracking number they sent me still hasn't registered on USPS.com. Also their official tracking has said that it left the warehouse around 2 weeks back, but it doesn't even say it's in transit yet. All the orders I've ever made from Japan shipped and arrived usually within 10 days or so shipped from Sweden. This time ordering from the US site, the tracking code is from like Fiji or somewhere left field like that I think. Buysblind's post is reassuring though. Hopefully it shows up this week.
    I placed an order with them just before Christmas & it took @ 3 weeks to arrive. USPS never did show acceptance of the package but it arrived just fine! You should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    I placed an order with them just before Christmas & it took @ 3 weeks to arrive. USPS never did show acceptance of the package but it arrived just fine! You should be ok.
    Actually I just punched the code in this morning, and it appears that it JUST arrived at the local post office, even though yesterday there was no record of the package even existing.

It should arrive sometime today, hopefully.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Actually I just punched the code in this morning, and it appears that it JUST arrived at the local post office, even though yesterday there was no record of the package even existing.

It should arrive sometime today, hopefully.
    LOL. Welcome to the USPS.

I didn't even know that the tracking number is USPS. Mines' still unavailable.