Code of Conduct

Unhappy When Jean Patou broke my heart...

My father had a bottle of perfume which name was Patou pour homme.
    He loved it, so do I...
    Years later, I became interested in perfumes.
    I wanted to buy one bottle for him as a gift...GUESS what! They sell 2 oz. of it for more than 350 USD!
    At first I tought the perfume shop keeper is joking we me! (He said he could ask one of his friends to bring one of them from France to Iran and it costs about 400 USD!!!)
    But no. It's not a joke! It is real price of 2 oz. bottle!!!
    Honestly my heart was broken by their marketing policy! They discountinued the original one, then produce a prive edition and sell it for such a high price!
    It is perhaps the most expensive perfume in the market!
    I want to know if there is something like Patou pour Homme.

Default Re: When Jean Patou broke my heart...

minor correction: Patou pour homme and Patou Privé are two different fragrances. Both are discontinued and both are extremely expensive. However, some people here on basenotes have sold new bottles for a lot less than $250. I suppose you might have difficulty getting things shipped to Iran, though, except through official channels? I hope you find it at a decent price somewhere, it sure is fantastic. And no, there's nothing quite like it, though you would perhaps also like Jil Sander Man Pure (the original from 1981) - unfortunately it is equally rare, though I did get a 125ml bottle for 55 Euros on ebay.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Yeah, it is almost impossible for me to buy something from basenotes members and other ways like this.
    This Prive edition is not the same as the original one?

I think -as you said- it should be very hard to find Jil Sander Man. I guess it is discountinued because didn't see something like this in perfume shops or on net.
    THX the_good_life.

Any other suggestions?

I know it won't be helpful, but try and find him another signature fragrance, there are plenty out there that are worthy of your father's taste.

As a side note, Clive Christian fragrances cost over $1000, and Yosh perfumes are way off the charts for the 8ml you get. Check it out.
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...2800&section=2
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I'm really exited. One of my country's online perfumer offers a 100 ml Patou PH (1980) tester for about 40 USD. Previously I bought some items from her and each one was flawless.
    Now I asked her to send some more information about the state of the bottle. Reading all the reviews and other comments about it, it seems almost unbelivable. If it's true, should I buy it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I'm really exited. One of my country's online perfumer offers a 100 ml Patou PH (1980) tester for about 40 USD. Previously I bought some items from her and each one was flawless.
    Now I asked her to send some more information about the state of the bottle. Reading all the reviews and other comments about it, it seems almost unbelivable. If it's true, should I buy it?
    If you have had good stuff from her before then buy it and buy it now! $40 is a lot to lose if it is bad / fake but nothing compared to trying to find a good bottle for less than $400.

And it just may be perfect...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

No need to complain about the high price, there are big discounts on it:

http://www.1stperfume.com/patphommetsp3u.html?nextag

Patou Homme and Patou Prive are different fragrances and are both discontinued. I haven't smelled anything even close to either one of them. Also the price you quote is not from Patou itself as the fragrance isn't made anymore. The high price is people selling the bottles they can find from old stock. Also I don't know if it's still up but there was a 2.0 oz bottle on ebay recently for $149.99 which is a good price these days.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Lightbulb Re: When Jean Patou broke my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by _R$_ View Post
    I know it won't be helpful, but try and find him another signature fragrance, there are plenty out there that are worthy of your father's taste.

As a side note, Clive Christian fragrances cost over $1000, and Yosh perfumes are way off the charts for the 8ml you get. Check it out.
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...2800&section=2
    - Rich
    What can I say? Only WOW!