Code of Conduct

Default Have you ever gone.......

....more than one day without wearing any perfume? I mean have you ever gone more than one day without wearing any type of scented anything ie..lotion, body spray, oil, I mean nothing?

Being sick doesn't count. I mean you were feeling well and you had a multitude of scents at your disposal....and HELLO!! You're a BNer.

I thought about this on my way to class because I didn't wear anything scented today. I planned to take a bath tonight. So, I didn't put on anything scented. I would at least put on a scented lotion or maybe a scented oil. I felt "NAKED" LOL!! It was so weird. It wasn't until I pulled my lab coat out of the trunk of my car that I really realized it. My lab coat smelled sooooo good. I felt like a junky lol. I took a big whiff and felt much better.

I had to laugh though. It made me think about how long I have gone without wearing perfume. I mean even when I'm sick, I'll shower and put on a scented lotion like BBW or VS. I have to have something. I can't recall going more than a day or 2.

So, how long have you or have you ever gone completely scentless? I mean you didn't wear anything scented. NOTHING!!!!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Default Re: Have you ever gone.......

I find it very hard not to wear anything scentless the entire day. My deodorant is slightly scented, but I don't really wear any lotions, creams, gels, etc....

Though I've gone days without wearing a scent. Mostly in the summer time because I have a very small collection and most of them don't work well with the heat.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 5th October 2007 at 03:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Wow...your question really makes me think, Diva!!! I've been wearing fragrances since the 7th grade. I've always been interested in scents. I remember going to Alco in my early high school years & getting "drugstore" (mostly Coty frags) perfumes like Vanilla Musk, Ghost Myst, i.c.i., Lady Aspen, & Charlie Red & wearing those all the time. I can't remember a time in my life since 7th grade when I've gone scentless. Even for occasions like church & job interviews I would (and still do) spritz myself lightly. I guess I really am a CologneJunkie!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

CologneJunkie I did the samething today. I'm like you. I have been wearing perfume since I was a little girl. I use to wear Avon, Loves Baby Soft, Jean N'ate(sp) and another one I can't remember. Honey, when I got my 1st bottle of Ciara, I thought I was really doing something cause it came from the department store and not the drug store LOL!!!. I wore my Moms perfume too. She wore Cinnabar and I loved that stuff.

I really had to think about that today. I have gone a day maybe two, but I can't remember going longer than that. I tell people all the time I have a nose like a blood hound. When I wear my perfume, it kind of tones my sense of smell down. When I don't wear it, I can smell everything to the tenth power. I think if I was cut my blood would smell like perfume lol! I don't have to use those air freshners in my apt. My apt smells like the perfume section. It's funny because I wrote my ex once. He said that my letter smelled like my house. He said it brought back so many memories. He mentioned how my apt smelled like perfume.

Yeah ColognJunkie we got it bad lol!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Not since becoming a Basenoter, but certainly before that, yes. Now it's more of an interest, I don't feel dressd without it, but before I'd only wear scent on special occassions.

Wow, this is a good one. I started wearing perfume when I went to University (and thus diving straight into department store stuff). I've been hooked ever since. However, I remember that about 3 or 4 years into my perfume obsession I went through a phase when I couldn't wear any. Nothing fit. I was desperately trying to 'fix' it and tried wearing my usual fragrances because I really wanted to but I couldn't stomach them. Horrible. In the end I just gave up, wore nothing for about a month deciding that I would wait for the right one to appear (something like true love). In the end I fell in love with YSL Baby Doll and it became my signature scent for a while.
    I don't think I've gone without perfume since.

I went from teetotaler to frag-addict almost overnight. I even spritz repeatedly to top up my scent when I'm alone all day at home. And I spritzed my pillows so I could sleep in clouds of scented air.

c'mon, man, gimme a hit

::spritz::

ahhhhhhh, yeah...

oh you know how addicted I am? I just sent for free samples of stuff like Celine Dion's new one and even Stetson...just because they are free. oh, if only Serge Lutens, Frederic Malle, and L'Artisan, etc., would send me free samples -- and yes, I tried with no success. Sucks to live in a major market with snooty SAs.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

I hear you, MiaKulpa. Perfume halls and shops are my opium den - I find myself entering a state of excitement that borders on frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    I hear you, MiaKulpa. Perfume halls and shops are my opium den - I find myself entering a state of excitement that borders on frenzy.
    Indiscreet, we just have to admit that we have a problem (I was looking into extra sources of income -- legal ones, thank you -- to support my habit/hobby) and take it one day at a time.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Camping trips (when my fragrance of choice is Off Deep Forest Scent) and travel - though with the discovery of 1.5mL spray decants I can continue my testing without worrying about perfume spilling all over my luggage. Not that that is a bad thing necessarily, but.....

I have to have a craving for a certain scent or type of scent when I wake up in the morning, then I know what to wear. If I crave something that I don't have I might even try to improvise, but there are some times when I absolutely HATE everything that I have. That can last days on end until I find something I love or I learn to appreciate something I already have. Those days are sooo depressing for me. I feel lost on those days, like I don't know who I am.

I deliberately didn't wear any scent one day last week because I'd just bought a pair of suede jeans and wanted to be able to smell them! (I've just lost 50lb - I'm allowed borderline trashy clothes).

Well done on that weight loss - 50lbs is no small deal. And suede isn't trashy if it's the real thing so enjoy those pants!

Despite the fact that I've been a scent junkie since puberty, I have had periods of time when I went scentless. Particularly in college, when I was going through a phase of uglifying myself-- cutting off my hair, wearing boys' clothes, etc. I think I felt like if a guy liked me that way, then he was worth dating. So I only wore fragrance a couple of times a week when I was 19 and 20.

Also, during morning sickness this past year, I went some days unscented. I tried to wear unscented lotion during that time, too. I did wear aromatherapeutic shampoo, though. Mint, lavender... that sort of thing. In the hospital with my baby I was unscented, sort of... I did not wear a fragrance from the day I went into labor until the day I checked out (3 days later), but I did mix up a a special aromatherapy massage oil for the occasion, and I had people rubbing it into my shoulders and legs. Good stuff, too! If any of you ladies who are expecting want the recipe, PM me!

Funny thing is, I do wear scent when I'm sick! I wear Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia or Bvlgari Green Tea!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeezeweasel View Post
    I deliberately didn't wear any scent one day last week because I'd just bought a pair of suede jeans and wanted to be able to smell them! (I've just lost 50lb - I'm allowed borderline trashy clothes).
    Congrats on your weightloss, Squeeze! How'd you do it? I have 20 lbs. to lose myself (baby weight and all...)
    Last edited by Kotori; 5th October 2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

The only time I don't wear any scents is if I have a major hangover or feel ill otherwise.Even then I might wear a scent .....Guess I'm hooked

No magic trick, I'm afraid - I've just been restricting calories and doing a lot of swimming since January. (It was a New Year's resolution.) From a perfume point of view it sucks, because I smell very chlorine-y a lot of the time!

While we were renovating (all the way down to the wall studs) I went without scent...about 4 months straight. I was so busy I couldn't be bothered.

If being sick doesnt count - never! (and I started wearing perfume on a daily basis around the age of fifteen...)
    Occasionally I can manage half a day without anything scented, but that just on those rare days when I go to town, and have the opportunity to sniff and try something new.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Oh, the horror!

I think I have in the past. I think I've had 'desert' periods when fragrance just wasn't that important. But I'm talking about not wearing perfume. I don't think I've EVER gone a day without something that smells...

...oh, except maybe when on holiday and lounging by the pool, because perfume reacts to sunlight. But then, I'd be wearing sun lotion and that's smelly - so no. I really can't think of a time when I've gone without having some sort of smelly unction of some kind on my bod.
    --------------------------------------
    This thread has set me thinking more...

...how many of us wear perfume to bed? I mean a new squirt or top-up squirt before settling down for the night? My daughter thinks I'm mad for doing that, but certain fragrances just help me to relax and sleep better. And some of them make me frisky. Marilyn Monroe wasn't the only woman in history to wear nothing but Chanel no 5 at night...
    Last edited by Clemmie; 5th October 2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

I can not even remember the last time...I was probably very young. I even keep samples in my different purses just in case I should forget ( which I never do ) or in case soemthing wears off too soon and I am not at my full fragrance potential.