Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What embarrassing frags are you hiding from your BN wardrobe?

If there's anything not in my wardrobe it's because I forgot to put it there. I think all fragrances have their place, even if only to teach us about those that don't quite work for whatever reason. I still have some in my wardrobe that would classify as 'cheap eau de cologne' sitting right alongside my most expensive niche treasures. All scent is worthy scent if it evokes an emotion of some kind or other. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I do, however, have some that I no longer enjoy, and really should swap out or give away. I'm just too damn lazy to prune...
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiaKulpa View Post
    Ding Ding Ding! I think we have a winner!
    (is there a free sample available?)
    M+ The fragrance:
    "Smooth... Subtle... Sexy
    A herbaceous blend of tart lime, Italian mandarin and fresh ground black pepper with a clean, crisp citrus top note, a floral violet-lavendaceous middle note and a woody vetiver base note, all inspired by a well-known musician's favorite scent.
    "
    MiaKulpa, you are such fun--and so many of these posts are a hoot.
    Yes! Samples. Send me a PM with your address, if you dare. I promise, you WILL be disappointed. At least I was. "M" for mediocre. "M" for meh.
    It's a decidedly male cologne, so that's partly why I'm unenthused.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I don't own any, but will spritz on Chaps by Ralph Lauren whenever I have the chance. Same with Old Spice. I remember the ultra-cheap Chaz fondly, too, though I've not seen it in years.

Even though it's delish and nothing to be ashamed of frag-wise, the ultra-feminine Je Reviens (esp. in the perfume and bath oil forms) is my very favorite "curl up on a cold winter's night at home" frag. LOVE IT!

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Embarassed? Me? No.

I keep my wardrobe pretty up to date and include most of the free samples that I never would have picked on my own but I couldn't bring myself to post the sample of Heiress that a SA once snuck into my bag. I also can't bring myself to open the vial.

And I love Old Spice too!
    Last edited by Kyra; 6th October 2007 at 12:00 AM.

I actually owned Georgio Red in the early 90's and I must say it was a stunning choice with big hair ( and I could seriously do some BIG hair).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    I owned (and used) Obsession as a teenager.
    Hey, what's embarrassing about Obsession?

It's still one of my fave spicy Orientals, a great winter warmer.

Or perhaps I'm just guilty of having very bad taste.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
    I couldn't bring myself to post the sample of Heiress that a SA once snuck into my bag. I also can't bring myself to open the vial.
    hahaha for good reason unless you like liquified bubblegum... the only person i know of who likes this stuff is my little sister

Bravo, everyone for your true confessions. I'm sure it took a lot of courage to admit your sins.

Now, will anyone admit to liking, let alone owning, Donald Trump - The Fragrance?
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 6th October 2007 at 09:53 AM.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Ah, I just discovered this thread. Thank you so much MiaKulpa
    And I thought: pff, I have nothing to hide, the thought never even crossed my mind to hide a scent.

But suddenly I remembered Sacred Whore of Babylon (BPAL). Owned. But not on the owned list.

The only ones who felt embarrassed were the ones at the Christmas Party who informed what I was wearing

The Sacred Whore is now proudly added to my 'owned' list.
    Last edited by Riannon; 6th October 2007 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo as usual
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Sacred Whore of Babylon? sounds like something I'd actually like to sniff.

Wait. That didn't sound right.

::giggle::
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 6th October 2007 at 11:41 AM.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

I have no shame and have listed almost everything I own, except the ones that aren't in the directory. I'll even own up to a blind-bought J-Lo Miami Glo and a little bottle of Yves Rocher's Coconut edt that I bought to try and satisfy my coconut craving this summer (brought on by Virgin Island Water). And a frankly noxious bottle of YR Tiare Island Flower water.

You know, I really like the sound of a lot of these perfumes? Mojo? Sounds fabulous, especially with the Austin Powers bottle! can I still get some?
    As for Chaps by Ralph Lauren, I giggled when I read that because I'd never heard of it before. Does it smell like sweaty leather and cowboys? If so, yum!

About the only frags I'm be ashamed to admit to would be the Paris Hilton ones. I'm sorry, I suppose I'm just anti-PH. She's someone I would hate my little girl to emulate.
    Last edited by Wordbird; 7th October 2007 at 12:28 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    About the only frags I'm be ashamed to admit to would be the Paris Hilton ones. I'm sorry, I suppose I'm just anti-PH. She's someone I would hate my little girl to emulate.
    2nd this.

That being said, I have scents from 3 people I can't stand :
    J. Lo
    Britney Spears
    Paris Hilton

It took me until this year to put aside my dislike for J. Lo to try Glow even though it sounded like something I would like "clean, soapy, + musky." Once I tried it and enjoyed it, I put aside my distaste for certain people to try "their" scents since (1)they aren't really the ones coming up with them, and (2)they don't really smell like their fragrances.

As much as I love perfume, I'm not going to allow some shallow tramp's name on the bottle (cough Paris Hilton cough) to keep me from enjoying something.

Speaking of Paris Hilton frags...

http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.co...-of-paris.html

(I've been waiting for her to be mentioned so I could drop in this link. )

As for Chaps by Ralph Lauren, I giggled when I read that because I'd never heard of it before. Does it smell like sweaty leather and cowboys? If so, yum!

Here, here!
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 7th October 2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have no shame and have listed almost everything I own, ....... I'll even own up to a blind-bought ......and a little bottle of Yves Rocher's Coconut edt .....
    Same here! And even my bottle of Yves Rocher Coconut "Noix de Coco" is proudly listed among the fumes not in the BN directory.
    :wave: Wordbird!
    Only two are not listed: a Britney Spears Curious solid shimmering perfume stick that I bought for a couple of bucks at the airport and Sephora Temptress?, a weird vanilla-monoi concotion that I use as a roomspray. What came over me? The bad perfume witch whispering in my ear: buy, buy, no matter how stomach turning the juice may be!

But, at the end of the day, I don't feel neither embarassed nor ashamed, nor do I think to have a less refined nose
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by virgo75 View Post
    2nd this.

That being said, I have scents from 3 people I can't stand :
    J. Lo
    Britney Spears
    Paris Hilton

It took me until this year to put aside my dislike for J. Lo to try Glow even though it sounded like something I would like "clean, soapy, + musky." Once I tried it and enjoyed it, I put aside my distaste for certain people to try "their" scents since (1)they aren't really the ones coming up with them, and (2)they don't really smell like their fragrances.

As much as I love perfume, I'm not going to allow some shallow tramp's name on the bottle (cough Paris Hilton cough) to keep me from enjoying something.
    JLo Glow is one of my absolute favourites, and I have no qualms about that whatsoever. I think it's a stonkingly sexy scent.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    JLo Glow is one of my absolute favourites, and I have no qualms about that whatsoever. I think it's a stonkingly sexy scent.
    Is "stonkingly" a real word???!!! If not, why not. I, for one, plan on monopolizing it.

Interesting how often Fantasy and JLo Glo show up - I would add Miami Glow - my particular fave.

How about all those Etat Libre de Orange titles??? Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow, Putain des Palaces , Sécrétions Magnifiques (and they're not talkin' sweat here)

And what's embarrassing? The name of the frag or the connotations of the "house" (Britney. Jennifer. Barry.) Or the connotations of the cheapness?

Ruminative Sunday here.....
    Last edited by TaoLady; 7th October 2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Pluralized the unplural
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'm not hiding anything, but I do own something not listed on BN: Sweet Craving by Victoria's Secret. Oh, and a pomegranate body spray from the Garden of Eden in St. Paul, MN. BTW, I really recommend their products!
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay
    Currently wearing: With Love by Guerlain