Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you think about Versace Eau fraiche?

Hi Folks,
    I own the original version and although It's not bad, there's a note (maybe pepper) that annoys me so much I gave up wearing it...
    So, Is the Eau fraiche a Light Versace Man or It's another completely different fragrance trying to make some bucks using the name of the original one?!
    How's It like? Really fresh?!

Default Re: What do you think about Versace Eau fraiche?

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I own the original version and although It's not bad, there's a note (maybe pepper) that annoys me so much I gave up wearing it...
    So, Is the Eau fraiche a Light Versace Man or It's another completely different fragrance trying to make some bucks using the name of the original one?!
    How's It like? Really fresh?!
    I can't see a similiarity between the two at all. I've sampled Versace Man and wouldn't buy it.

I like Eau Fraiche, but I feel it's too weak. I do find it one of the freshest fragrances that I have.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried Versace Man, and its top note appeared unpleasant to me, so I did not buy it.

I have the Eau fraiche version. It's fresh and lively, and long lasting, which is a bit rare for a fresh scent. Anyhow, there's a sweet note in the drydown that barred me from rating it 5 stars. I gave it 4 because of this.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I find it long lasting, a little antiseptic. I would not call it smooth - it's a very sharp citrus to me. Normally that might put me off, but in this case for me it works. It cuts through and it is always there no matter the weather. It's a strange twist on citrus but I like it - I think it is better to DG blue for men to which it is surely compared. DG blue is more conventional. I was really glad I picked this one up and it has a home with me indefinitely. I reach for it often in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrCoffee View Post
    I find it long lasting, a little antiseptic. I would not call it smooth - it's a very sharp citrus to me.
    Sharp Citrus in the same vein of L' Eau par Kenzo and D&G homme?!

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly not like D&G ph and i have no clue about L'eau par kenzo.

IMO Versace Fraiche shares more similarities with D&G Light Blue for women which i really like. Versace Fraiche is better in my opinion. Its fresher and uplifting. It projects very well for the first 2 hours if sprayed liberally and then it dries down to a 'woody' scent. This is probably my favorite 'citrus'. The top notes are worth experiencing.

Some people compare it to L'eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake but like i said its much closer to D&G Light blue for women.

If you are looking for a 'lemony' fragrance this is it, until the dry down. The only other fragrance that beats this in 'freshness' is perhaps Paul Smith 'Story'. It has the sharpest citrus i have ever seen.

gupts

Paco Rabanne Black XS is everything that Eau Fraiche tries to be
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Don't recall Kenzo well, but enough to know it's not like that. Not like D&G homme - it does not have that awful Goo Gone smell that D&G homme has before the drydown.

It's direct, sharp, fresh, but somehow not overpowering. It has some progression, but it does not morph into anything dramatically different. Some have claimed it was the formula for D&G light blue for men, before some mix up happened or D&G lost/gave away the formula - I think that rumor is on the board.

The other poster said it best, it's like D&G LIGHT blue for women (or men for that matter since those are similar), but in a sense - better. It's doesn't screw around with being light.

I am not really a fan of citruses, but this one has something weird or synthetic (one poster/reviewer mentions Windex which is a good description) mixed into the formula that I really like. It keeps it from smelling lemony and instead makes it very sharp and fresh - it's tough to describe but I'm trying my best, lol.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by yonggoh View Post
    Paco Rabanne Black XS is everything that Eau Fraiche tries to be
    Doubt it - Eau Fraiche wants nothing to do with sweet, strawberries or fruit. You could not possibly have smelled EF to make that comparison, unless you did and just did not like it.
    Last edited by MrCoffee; 6th October 2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

I like Eau Fraiche very much--better than Versace Man, and I don't think they are very similar. I find the citrus synthetic, but I mean that in a good way; the scent is quite urban and now. Eau Fraiche doesn't last long on my dry skin, but apparently others don't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    I like Eau Fraiche very much--better than Versace Man, and I don't think they are very similar. I find the citrus synthetic, but I mean that in a good way; the scent is quite urban and now. Eau Fraiche doesn't last long on my dry skin, but apparently others don't have that problem.
    Yes agreed - it's synthetic but somehow it works here, and works well. I've never sniffed the original myself....

Quote Originally Posted by MrCoffee View Post
    Doubt it - Eau Fraiche wants nothing to do with sweet, strawberries or fruit. You could not possibly have smelled EF to make that comparison, unless you did and just did not like it.
    i did... to me...Ladies Light Blue, Eau Fraiche and Black XS are all relatives
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Wink Re: What do you think about Versace Eau fraiche?

Quote Originally Posted by yonggoh View Post
    i did... to me...Ladies Light Blue, Eau Fraiche and Black XS are all relatives
    mos def the fact. add the unisex eau de Cartier, they are all relatives.
    I have all that is mentioned (my wife owns the DG light blue) except the Cartier, which I think would be redundant to get at this point.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW