Code of Conduct

Default The Last Day You Spent Without Wearing A Fragrance??

And why in the world didn`t you???

I myself cannot wear a fragrance on those heavy hangover days, which luckily have been more and more rare these days.

The last time I spent a whole day without wearing or sniffing a fragrance was about three weeks ago, when I was having a slight flu....
    But without these random days with a hangover or the matter of being ill, I think I have worn a fragrance every day for few years to pass.

How about you?? When was the last time you spent a whole 24hours without wearing or testing a fragrance? And why was that??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Last Day You Spent Without Wearing A Fragrance??

In April this year, I had a cold, so I wore nothing.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Why in the world would you? I had a bit of a head cold over the last weekend. I couldn't smell anything. Saturday I went food shopping and was going to go without wearing a fragrance. Then I longed to smell something and decided to apply some Roma. It went pretty much unnoticed by me. I might have even over applied it. I figured that if the scent broke through, it would mean that better health was coming my way. ;>)

I had a cold for three days last week where I didn't put anything on... not only because I could barely smell anything, but I didn't want to associate any fragrances with being sick. It was right at the time I got 3 boxes of samples too, arrgh. I had to stare at them and say "in a few days, in a few days".

Post Thanks / Like

Today. I did use Allure Sport ASB and all-over shower gel. I had to give a presentation.

When I had a bug at some point this summer.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I cant remember the last time I did this. I feel naked without it (like leaving the house without your watch!).
    For me the ritual of standing before my collection and choosing a scent to represent my needs for the day, is every part as enjoyable as the olfactory sensation. Even if Im sick or blocked up, I will always spritz.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 5th October 2007 at 07:12 PM.

The last time I spent a day without a fragrance was in April, when I had my heart attack and was in the hospital. I agree with Dimitri; I feel naked without at least something on, be that drugstore or high end.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember not wearing a fragrance everyday in the last one year or so. Even when i got sick i remember i used to spray something as i thought it was the only bright thing during those gloomy days. Ever since i joined basenotes, i have just delved deeper and deeper in the world of fragrances. I am so much into perfumes now that i have become a compulsive buyer. Earlier i used to buy perfumes that i didnt already have but now i keep buying additional bottles that i currently own. Its becoming crazy.

Two days ago i thought i needed to take a break. I told myself maybe i need to stop wearing fragrances for a few days to clear my system. Maybe i need to forget about my perfumes to set my mind in order and cut out the obsession. I don't buy clothes. I don't buy shoes. My car recently broke down and i had to spend about 300$ to get it fixed. I thought i could have bought so many more perfumes with this money. I measure every monetary value in terms of the perfumes it could buy.

I am practically living on basenotes & ebay. I think i need to close my account with ebay and surrender my paypal.

I hope i haven't hijacked this thread since this speaks about your 'last' day when you didnt wear a fragrance and i am talking of my 'last' day when i contemplated not wearing a fragrance for a few days.

gupts

Post Thanks / Like

When I picked up smoking again I went a while without spraying on cologne. I found the smoke and the scent would not mix well together.

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the last really serious family catastrophe. What do you wear in a flood? a fire? death of an immediate family member, death of a close friend?

there have been a few days I did'nt even think of fragrances.

Fragrances are a luxury in our lives I believe.

I could be wrong

I have been before

Default Last Time You Spent Without a Fragrance??

Camp Willowswish for 4.5 whole days.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I recall a sunday, not so long ago - I simply forgot to appy.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

I don't remember that day. Propably, when I was a child.

Thrax

Uhh, probaby a little over a year ago. I had an absessed tooth and basicly I just slept until about 4 in the evening, only to wake up to go to work. For about 3 or 4 days I didnt wear anything.

Today actually.... I just woke up and didn't fell like it, simple as that.

Wow....what a question!!!! I can't remember the last time that I didn't wear any fragrance.....It was probably last winter when I was sick with a stomach virus....which very rarely happens. Sickness would be the only reason that I wouldn't wear fragrance....Or....If I were going Fishing.....I would not wear fragrance if I were going fishing.......Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I don't remember not wearing a fragrance everyday in the last one year or so. Even when i got sick i remember i used to spray something as i thought it was the only bright thing during those gloomy days. Ever since i joined basenotes, i have just delved deeper and deeper in the world of fragrances. I am so much into perfumes now that i have become a compulsive buyer. Earlier i used to buy perfumes that i didnt already have but now i keep buying additional bottles that i currently own. Its becoming crazy.

Two days ago i thought i needed to take a break. I told myself maybe i need to stop wearing fragrances for a few days to clear my system. Maybe i need to forget about my perfumes to set my mind in order and cut out the obsession. I don't buy clothes. I don't buy shoes. My car recently broke down and i had to spend about 300$ to get it fixed. I thought i could have bought so many more perfumes with this money. I measure every monetary value in terms of the perfumes it could buy.

I am practically living on basenotes & ebay. I think i need to close my account with ebay and surrender my paypal.

I hope i haven't hijacked this thread since this speaks about your 'last' day when you didnt wear a fragrance and i am talking of my 'last' day when i contemplated not wearing a fragrance for a few days.

gupts
    I'm with you gupts, as far as the "obssession" of it all goes. I did deliberately not wear a scent a few months ago, just to see what happened. (All that happened was that I was disappointed in my inability to smell anything, and I missed my collection even more.)

But for pretty much every other day of the last 2 years or so, I've worn something. I fee naked without it. I can't imagine myself ever not wearing a scent, particularly given that my fragrance wardrobe choices are expanding at an exponential rate.

QE

Post Thanks / Like

When I have flu

when I had a nasty respiratory illness during the last few weeks... I knew I was getting better when Eau de Camille lightly whispered to me and I answered.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post

gupts
    Do take a break. Talk to "Ernie Gallo." Most of all, if you really love a particular perfume, spend time with it, wear it for an entire week, instead of just buying more new ones. Piling them up speaks more of a buying compulsion than a love of perfume (I know, I'm one to talk). Also start reducing your collection by selling your Patou Privé to me . Hopefully things will cool down and you'll arrive at a point where you'll start focusing on perfumes that really speak to you (but if the REALLY seem to speak to you, see a good psychiatrist ).

I didn't wear any perfume twice last week, because my wife complained of the frag stink in the appartment.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Piling them up speaks more of a buying compulsion than a love of perfume (I know, I'm one to talk).
    That is very true with me. Now I try to ask myself, "Is there a fragrance already in my collection that would make this purchase redundant?" I also try to purchase a new bottle only after I have used up two existing bottles. Of course, I deviate from both strategies from time to time.

On topic, the last time I went without fragrance was when my mother visited. Almost any kind of strong scent triggers a migraine for her. So, no fragrance for me or my house. I learned to appreciate the scent of my shower gel, since that was the only scent I was going to experience that day.

I go without fragrance quite often. Sometimes its just because I need to be very conservative for a work meeting, and in this pert of the country even a litle fragrance can make too big of an impression. Sad but true.
    Sometimes I just don't feel like wearing anything. And I never wear anything when I go camping, backpacking, rock climbing or to the gym. I sleep in a tent about 25-30 nights a year, sometimes more, and fragrances are not a needed weight in the backpack.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I usually wear something to work (but not from my wardrobe) and, obviously, when going out. Apart from those two situations (and testing new frags when shopping), I try to give my nose and skin a break. If I'm slouching around the house, chances are I won't bother.

Anyway, I'm currently recovering from a bad cold and haven't worn a fragrance for over a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm sometimes i just forgot to put the fragrances on.

A month ago when I was sick, I woke up and a little while later I when over to my collection to look at them, not realizing I couldn't smell a thing (it was the most horrifying 5 minutes of my life) and I got so angry I almost threw my bottle of Antaeus on the ground. Needless to say I get emotional when I get sick. But I made up for it, the next day I layered Marc Jacobs Orange Splash with Guerlain Mandarine-Basilic (I always crave oranges when I'm sick) it was heaven!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't remember the last 24 hour period that I didn't wear or at least smell something from my wardrobe. It probably was when I was out of town, but even then I usually bring something along.