Code of Conduct

Default The Dragon keeps wriggling away from me..

Hi

Le Baiser du Dragon... I've been wearing this for the last 2 evenings and it has me so puzzled. On my skin, it is some strange kind of shape-shifter. It comes out of the bottle sweet, within 30 seconds it's bitter, then it's nutty, then it's floral, then it's pure patchouli, then oh! where's it gone?, half an hour later it's back smelling like damp earth, now I could swear it's some strange kind of water weed! Is it my skin (which is rather dry) making it do this? Or is it a characteristic of the fragrance? I'm still fairly new to the world of perfume, but nothing I've tried thus far has seemed to go through anything like this range of twisty-turny changes.

I think I like it... but can't decide which bits are making me like it. The little rascal!

J

Default Re: The Dragon keeps wriggling away from me..

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    Hi

Le Baiser du Dragon... I've been wearing this for the last 2 evenings and it has me so puzzled. On my skin, it is some strange kind of shape-shifter. It comes out of the bottle sweet, within 30 seconds it's bitter, then it's nutty, then it's floral, then it's pure patchouli, then oh! where's it gone?, half an hour later it's back smelling like damp earth, now I could swear it's some strange kind of water weed! Is it my skin (which is rather dry) making it do this? Or is it a characteristic of the fragrance? I'm still fairly new to the world of perfume, but nothing I've tried thus far has seemed to go through anything like this range of twisty-turny changes.

I think I like it... but can't decide which bits are making me like it. The little rascal!

J
    Welcomewelcomewelcome Jelly!! And boy! can I relate. There's a couple of frags that do this for me/on me - Tubereuse Criminellecomes instantly to mind. Starts out smelling like a Nascar pit stop and ends up in a lush rose garden, with all kinds of stops in between.

You sound like fun - look frwaord to more of your posts!! (And watch out for any dragon - we are sneaky!!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Your description of the Dragon sounds about right to me, Jellyfish - I'll wager that with a few more wearings you will love it - that is what happened to me, and it is now a beloved part of my wardrobe.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I tried "The Dragon" a while back (that was the edp).The first time I tried it I didn't like it that much.But I must say that was probably because I had such huge expectations about it.Later on I began to apreciate it a lot.This seems to be a pattern with what ends up as my favourite scents!(Mitsouko,Crystal Noir and Narciso Rodriguez comes to mind)
    On me the patchouli is there right from the start.I can also smell the rose from the start.This part of the scent is very sharp,and I often have mixed emotiones about it then.However,after a while the almond and woods blends in.This creates a woody,but warm scent.Now I have just bought an edt.I prefer it to the edp,I think.

I only have the perfumed hair mist in this one, but I do love that.
    I get a lot of patchouli, but it is more sophisticated than pure head shop.