Code of Conduct

Thread: Nooooo!!!!!

Unhappy Nooooo!!!!!

I just found out today that a few days ago my dad accidentally knocked the 4 oz. bottle of Green Irish Tweed that I got him for Father's Day off of his dresser. It fell onto the floor and shattered. It is now in the trash. I told him that a brand new bottle that size would cost about $220 at Neiman Marcus. He had no idea what it was worth.

I felt like crying when he told me.

I need a hug...
    David and Becca forever!!

Default Re: Nooooo!!!!!

but his room smells nice?!

Group hugs and crying? What is this, POL?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Group hugs and crying? What is this, POL?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

if that's the worst thing that happens to you.

Banned

Similar situation happened to me, except it was mine. I was applying GIT to my neck and out of nowhere felt this liquid sensation on my hand. I look down and see the bottom corner of my 4oz bottle crack off, flipping it over mmediately. Thankfully I still have around half of the bottle still remaining! I hope this doesn't happen for all Creed bottles, as I have quite a few 4oz (and I keep good care of them, they are always in my dresser)
    Last edited by teger; 6th October 2007 at 12:44 AM.

I knocked over a bottle of Avon's Wild Country once -- on purpose.
    I think the bottle was shaped like Abe Lincoln's head. (I kid you not.)

The irony: It STILL didn't break!
    Damn -- no rest for the wicked, I guess.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    Similar situation happened to me, except it was mine. I was applying GIT to my neck and out of nowhere felt this liquid sensation on my hand. I look down and see the bottom corner of my 4oz bottle crack off, flipping it over mmediately. Thankfully I still have around half of the bottle still remaining! I hope this doesn't happen for all Creed bottles, as I have quite a few 4oz (and I keep good care of them, they are always in my dresser)
    When I moved a few years ago the only frag casualty I had was my 4oz bottle of GIT. The smallest chip cracked off the bottom corner and was enough to cause everything to drain out. It was almost full too. The box did smell great.
    Odd it seems to be the same fate as your bottle......

My Wife did this with one of Our Son's Bond No.9's.....I believe it was Riverside Drive.....The Large Spray.....Oh well...accidents happen......Gary

For seemingly no reason at all my bottle of Creed SMW leaked out into my toiletries bag on a flight. The cap was on, everything seemed to be fine... it just leaked... this happened with A*Men too. I can't figure it out but it makes me worry a little about taking my favorite fragrances with me.

Dude, you've got to install carpet. Hardwood floors and 50 bottles of fragrance on my dresser don't make a good combination.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

While moving into a room in the dorms for college, my friend threw one of my bags on the floor, which contained Gucci PH.

Luckily the huge bottle cracked and chipped, but nothing leaked.

This could only happen with Gucci ph's bottle though...

Unhappy Re: Nooooo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    It should smell nice for a loooooooooooong time!!
    True...
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    if that's the worst thing that happens to you.
    Trust me, that ISN'T the worst thing...
    Last edited by dav-here; 7th October 2007 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    David and Becca forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    I NEVER travel with any of my 'real' bottles, only tiny decants.
    You are wise. No crying or group hugs needed

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    For seemingly no reason at all my bottle of Creed SMW leaked out into my toiletries bag on a flight. The cap was on, everything seemed to be fine... it just leaked... this happened with A*Men too. I can't figure it out but it makes me worry a little about taking my favorite fragrances with me.
    I received SMW in a swap. The SMW was supposed to be a 75% full 4.2oz. Upon arrival, I noticed a good amount of it had leaked out during the shipping. I was left with only 40% of the bottle. If Creed colognes are so expensive, the least they can do is design their bottles without leaking issues. The trader had to send me extra cologne for the trouble.