Code of Conduct

Question Wedding day fragrances

It is getting warm here in Oz - and as Summer looms with 40c degrees temps - I get to remembering my wedding day fragrance. It will be 10 years this Valentine's Day and at the time I wanted to get something classic but chic. Not too cloying is it was February and extremely HOT!

I took my future Mother in law perfume shopping and she helped me pick something.
    We narrowed it down to two finalists.
    Coco by Chanel and Oscar by Oscar de la Renta.

And Ta Dah! Oscar was the winner. I hadn't worn it before - and I haven't bought it again after I used that bottle but it was perfect for the day. Lovely vanilla floral with powder. Not cheap and nasty - and even though I was only 23 years old - it wasn't musty or too grand ma ish!

I am very glad I didn't pick some of the more 'popular' fragrances that have now gone from view. I am very proud to say what I wore that day.

Soooo, what I am wanting to know - what did you wear? Did it work for you? Have you been to another wedding and the bride wore, I dunno, Opium and it just wasn't a visual and olfactory match?

Tell me some stories!!
    Last edited by Gumoosh; 6th October 2007 at 02:57 AM.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress

Default Re: Wedding day fragrances

I got married in January ( winter here) in Northern Ohio ( very cold!) and I wore Bellodgia because it was and is a favorite and I did not even think about wearing anything else at the time.

I wore Joy, and splurged on a bottle of Bain du Joy to bring along on the honeymoon. (I was in grad school, and lucked out finding the Joy at Marshall's. So the Bain du Joy was much more expensive.)

June in South Carolina, a blissfully perfect 80 degree day.

I wore En Avion by Caron

Well, I'm far from getting married....parish the thought.

A friend of mine recently got married. I told her the story behind Creed's Flourissimo. I gave her that as the something borrowed.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Both hub and I wore Égoïste and it was perfect for a warm August day.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

This is really embarassing, but I was so unperfumista-like back then (we are talking 24 years ago) that I can't even remember what I wore. How shocking is that?
    Must have been Diorissimo maybe, but I can't be sure.

I honestly can't remember what I wore for my first wedding. Probably, considering the era, it would have been L'Air Du Temps, or Anais Anais. For my second wedding (the real one!), I wore Amarige.

If I were to marry again (not that I will!), I would wear Shocking.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

For my wedding I bought the half ounce pure parfum of Coco by Chanel. This has been a long time favourite of mine and my husband loves it too. I was married in October and it was a very chilly day. The best part was when I woke up on my wedding day I couldn't have imagined wearing anything else (i.e., there were no cravings for other scents thank god!). My dress was a champagne colour and very heavy satin. It all just worked perfecty. When my husband and I had our first dance at the reception he commented "you smell really good!".

We aren't married but should we tie the knot it will be his favorite: Hanae Mori Butterfly. I'll probably get a fresh bottle of parfum for the occasion

When we got married three years ago, I wore Guerlinade. It worked perfectly for me, and now I try to save it for special romantic occasions. My dress was a strapless peachy cream satin sheath with an antique lace overlay, a fishtail skirt and a long lace train.

Not married,but wore Mitsouko parfum at a friend's wedding this summer.If I should get married one day it would depend on the surroundings I get married in,time of year and the dress.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 6th October 2007 at 08:20 PM.

I bought Guerlain's With Love for the occasion. It was the scent of 2003, just before the 2004 one was introduced. I got married in 2004, but I thought it was the annual edition at the time. Anyway, it was the perfect floral for me-- light, with a touch of pepper! I have never regretted wearing it. In fact, you can see a picture of me spritzing my wrists with it in the library at the church on my wedding day if you check my profile.

I had usually worn either orientals like Dune by Dior, or florientals like Flower by Kenzo, and this reminded me of Kenzo, but seemed much "whiter," and therefore appropriate for a wedding.

When David smells it now, he says "Ummmhhh...wedding day..." I have to get another bottle of this stuff!
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

I've been racking my brains to try to remember what I wore. I can guess it was probably Coco, because he bought me a bottle when we were 'courting'. And it was only 6 years ago, so I really should remember. It was before I seriously got into perfume, though I know that's no excuse. I shall go and hang my head in shame...

I must say I wish I'd been as chic as some of you girls, wearing fabulous vintage 'fumes to get hitched in.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

aaahhhhh - such lovely stories!

I am just coming up to my first anniversary, and wore Serge Lutens Daim Blond. It went perfectly with my lace fishtail dress and vintage diamonte necklace and tiara. Les Senteurs rushed it to me in double quick time, and it was part of a fab evening with my bridesmaids the night before. My husband loves it.

My wife wore C&S's Neroli--classic orange blossom for a bride (even though her sig scent is Samsara). I wore Dunhill's EDITION.

I wore Oscar de la Renta and my husband wore the original Burberry for Men, shows you how far back we go.

For my wedding on an 80+ degree day in June 1995 I wore Roma by Laura Biagiotti. The dress was cream lace over a fitted bodice, it had long lace sleeves pointed below the wrist, and a full ballerina skirt ending mid calf. The weather was perfect, the day was perfect and the fragrance was divine! I still have the perfume bottle as a keepsake.

Perhaps I can ask for some advice.

I am getting married in early April. That is mid autumn in Australia, but in sub-tropical Sydney it can still be quite warm.

My signature scent is Champagne / Yvresse, and has been for nearly ten years. My finace has said on more than one occasion that it is something he always identifies as 'me'. I do rotate other perfumes through as my SotD occasionally - mostly Chloe Narcisse, Chloe, Lou Lou, Anais Anais, Red Door, Tressor - but he has said that he doesn't like some of these much (well, he doesn't like the Chloes much).

My dilemma is this: do I wear the scent I love and that he associates with me at my wedding? Or do I try to find a new 'wow' scent for the big day for something different on a special occasion, one that will leave an impression away from the 'every day'?
    look famous, be legendary, appear complex, act easy
    radiate presence, travel light, seem a dream, prove real

I wore Champs Elysee. My college roomate at the time insisted that I go to the perfume counter to pick out a wedding present. The Guerlain counter kept my attention. I knew nothing at the time about the quailty of their ingredients, but I knew that it made me feel special....pure. Now I know that it contains mimosa, the flower that blooms all over the South from where my love is from.

Fragrance is living poetry.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Quote Originally Posted by divaflip View Post

I am getting married in early April. That is mid autumn in Australia, but in sub-tropical Sydney it can still be quite warm.

My signature scent is Champagne / Yvresse, and has been for nearly ten years. My finace has said on more than one occasion that it is something he always identifies as 'me'. I do rotate other perfumes through as my SotD occasionally - mostly Chloe Narcisse, Chloe, Lou Lou, Anais Anais, Red Door, Tressor - but he has said that he doesn't like some of these much (well, he doesn't like the Chloes much).

My dilemma is this: do I wear the scent I love and that he associates with me at my wedding? Or do I try to find a new 'wow' scent for the big day for something different on a special occasion, one that will leave an impression away from the 'every day'?
    Interesting dilemma. I wore what was at the time my "usual dressy scent". DH had a sneezing issue with some scents from that era so it did not seem like a good time to spring smething new on him.

I wore Panthere de Cartier. Had a very femme dress and the perfume suited it and me. Not so sure if it suited the weather, though. It was a very hot and super humid night.

I wore Chanel No. 5. It was an evening wedding, so it worked. My husband is in love with Chanel No. 5, so I'm sure he would have noticed if he'd smelled anything else on me that day.

I was married in the evening on December 24th, 2005, and my perfume of choice was Chanel No. 5.
    The scent was a perfect match for my gown, which was matte ivory satin, with English netting overlay with fantastic black flower appliqués from the bodice down - an opulent scent for an equally opulent dress.

I'm only 20 so no marriage in sight for the near-future whatsoever!! Even so, I think I would like to wear something new, interesting and special for the occasion.

My mum was married for the second time early 2007 and she wore CK Euphoria which is her favourite perfume. I don't really like Euphoria, and tried to encourage her to buy something new and fancy for the wedding, but she'd have none of it! My mother really likes to stick to her signature scent. As a bridesmaid I wore my Guess for Women which I thought was a good match for Euphoria, and a nice, subtle scent.

I was married recently and wore L'Artisan's Fleur d'Oranger 2005. I wanted something that felt happy, optimistic, and special, so that one was perfect.

Hmmmmmm.... well, I guess I go pretty far back as well. I also wore Oscar (parfum) on my wedding day, My H's all-time favorite. I received a bottl. every year on our anniversary for years! I guess he was afraid I'd run out of it or something.
    We split a few years ago, (have remained great friends though), and if I were to ever do it again, my fragrance choice would be very difficult. There are so many scents that I love now, it would be like that "if you were stranded on a desert island" question.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

My advice is twofold.
    First, ask your husband-to-be. If he desperately wants to remember you on your wedding day through Yvresse, the perfume he associates with you, then perhaps that's your answer. If your tastes change in years to come, you'll be able to wear Yvresse as your 'romantic' perfume or for special occasions.

If he doesn't mind or is prepared to consider others, perhaps try a couple of the 'classic' wedding fragrances - is it Creed's Fleurissimo that they created for Grace Kelly to wear on her wedding day? I'm guessing it is and that's the one Divatologist gave her friend - that's an inspired choice. As is anything with orange blossom/Neroli, since it's associated with brides and weddings. If you want a powerful Neroli try the 'old' L'Occitaine as it's unlike anything else - rich and lasting.

You could look at the notes and research the 'language of flowers' and see what comes up - for example, British brides traditionally carry a sprig of Myrtle in their bouquet (I'm not sure what this is supposed to represent) and L'Occitaine does a new edp of Myrtle (no, I don't work for them!).

Or you could think of the name of the perfume and what it means to you. I'd probably use a wedding as an excuse to soak myself in Guerlain's Attrape-Coeur (not that I need any excuse - my only problem is to keep from nibbling myself when I wear it). Donna Karan has Gold, if that means wedding rings to you. There are some beautiful red rose perfumes - is it Jo Malone that springs to mind for that one? I'm sure you see where I'm going with this.

If your husband is game for some sniffathons, take him with you to try the frags that attract you and see what he thinks. You may both stumble on something you adore or you may find that you want to stay with Yvrese.

Equally importantly, what's HE wearing for the big day?

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Make it Fleurissimo (classic but simple), Victorian Posy or Lauren (romantic and old fashioned), Je Reviens (understated and a tad shy), Fidgi (daring and a bit sexual), Gaultier2 or Chergui (warm and cozy), Gris Clair (aloof and formal), or Ysatis (glamorous and bold).

Make it Lady Stetson if you're aiming for a quick Reno divorce.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 7th January 2008 at 09:08 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    My advice is twofold.
    First, ask your husband-to-be. If he desperately wants to remember you on your wedding day through Yvresse, the perfume he associates with you, then perhaps that's your answer. If your tastes change in years to come, you'll be able to wear Yvresse as your 'romantic' perfume or for special occasions.

If he doesn't mind or is prepared to consider others, perhaps try a couple of the 'classic' wedding fragrances - is it Creed's Fleurissimo that they created for Grace Kelly to wear on her wedding day? I'm guessing it is and that's the one Divatologist gave her friend - that's an inspired choice. As is anything with orange blossom/Neroli, since it's associated with brides and weddings. If you want a powerful Neroli try the 'old' L'Occitaine as it's unlike anything else - rich and lasting.

You could look at the notes and research the 'language of flowers' and see what comes up - for example, British brides traditionally carry a sprig of Myrtle in their bouquet (I'm not sure what this is supposed to represent) and L'Occitaine does a new edp of Myrtle (no, I don't work for them!).

Or you could think of the name of the perfume and what it means to you. I'd probably use a wedding as an excuse to soak myself in Guerlain's Attrape-Coeur (not that I need any excuse - my only problem is to keep from nibbling myself when I wear it). Donna Karan has Gold, if that means wedding rings to you. There are some beautiful red rose perfumes - is it Jo Malone that springs to mind for that one? I'm sure you see where I'm going with this.

If your husband is game for some sniffathons, take him with you to try the frags that attract you and see what he thinks. You may both stumble on something you adore or you may find that you want to stay with Yvrese.

Equally importantly, what's HE wearing for the big day?
    not having a traditional wedding, I'm going bollywood and he will be a pirate. neither of us is wearing white, although my hand beaded silver and pale pink crystal chiffon over silver silk skirt and top are much ligher than my usual colour palette (and I'm changing into fuschia silk sari for the reception). and I already have a nose ring so I'll probably wear some trad indian bridal jewelry with chains linking nosering to earring and then wrapped around here (in silver of course). I never wear yellow gold and my wedding ring will be either white gold or platinum. So the traditional 'wedding' scents don't interest me much.

my partner is asthmatic so I have to be careful what I wear around him, some of the scents i have tried lately have really set him off. I also got him about half a dozen 1 ml vials before christmas to find something he likes, as he doesn't wear much, and we ended up with Cool Water which really suits him. Not really exotic but nice. I got a set with showergel and aftershave lotion so he can layer for longer effect. He also really loves Eau Savage but it has allegedly been discontinued in Australia and so far we can't find it anywhere. So my guess is that unless he can find some Eau Savage he will probably wear the Cool Water ( I also really liked A*men on him but he couldn't stand it) . For someone who almost never wears scent it is a big step.

and sniffathons are out for the same allergy reasons. I generally try one or two I like on my skin and see what he thinks an hour later.

Yesterday I tried Amirage (disappeared off my skin in about an hour), Ange ou Demon (couldn't smell it at all after about 15 mins), Samsara (stayed around and is growing on me), and L'Heure Bleue (didn't like the start, and it turned into the usual Guerlain powdery mess on me - it is an unfortunate effect many of them have). I love Je Reviens but the EdT is the only thing available here, and fades so quickly. And I have LouLou in EDP which lasts for about a week - I love it but currently it is the wrong time of year to try it I think. The heat just makes it overpowering.

edited to add:
    can't wear some of the big hitters, Chanel 5, L'air du Temps, Joy etc, there is something in them that makes me nauseus. And I don't like patchouli much so anything with a lot of that (Angel!!) gives me a migraine
    Last edited by divaflip; 7th January 2008 at 09:44 PM.

Not having a traditional wedding, I'm going Bollywood and he will be a pirate.
    Your poor Mama must be popping Valiums like Life Savers right about now.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 7th January 2008 at 09:55 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    hee - just a teensy bit However she likes my 'bridal' outfit, and fortunately it was the first thing I liked at the first shop I took her too. (which was in fact an indian bridal shop so it is kind of legit although I'm not even close to indian colouring). They are making it for me so she got to insist that it had sleeves instead of straps etc, and that made her feel like there was some control over it. Her best friend just returned from vising family in Pakistan and brought some equisite fuschia shot with burgandy silk that has been hand embroidered with with little flowers and leaves all over. This will be my reception costume, so I get to wear some bright colours too, and mum feels that once again she has had input in the selection

And we have assured her that D will not be a Sparrow-esque pirate. He will have a 17th century frock-coat, a shirt with lace cuffs (I think anyway) and probably a very elegant cravat. Plus suitable trousers / boots / tricorn hat probably. He is also blind in one eye so I'm trying to persuade him that an eyepatch is ok.

now, getting my parents into costume will be a bit more challenging. I'm thinking cowboy for dad (Australian style), he has done that before and has his own akubra hat, and moleskin coat and trousers. So not too much of a stretch - just a chambray shirt I guess. Unless he feels he needs to be a bit more formal. Mum, on the other hand, has so far refused all our suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    Both hub and I wore Égoïste and it was perfect for a warm August day.
    Not only you have great taste, you're cool too.
    --------------------------------------
    edited to add:
    can't wear some of the big hitters, Chanel 5, L'air du Temps, Joy etc, there is something in them that makes me nauseus. And I don't like patchouli much so anything with a lot of that (Angel!!) gives me a migraine
    I think it might be that a lot of the classics, specially the ones you've mentioned, have a hefty dose of aldehydes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    You're always so funny! I imagine you saying that with a southern accent too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    Well, I'm far from getting married....parish the thought.

A friend of mine recently got married. I told her the story behind Creed's Flourissimo. I gave her that as the something borrowed.
    So what would you be wearing if your wedding were to take place, let's say, tomorrow?

I don't know if you like this scent, but i picture you looking beautifully immaculate with Balmain's Ivoire parfum on your skin.
    Another one? L'Artisan's Fleur de Narcisse.

Am i too far off?
    Last edited by castorpollux; 8th January 2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think a lot of people have wore champs elysees...and now i'm biased to it after trying it. I really LOVE it...and can't stop thinking of it since wearing it when testing it last weekend. I tried it after many recommendations from other BN'rs here... VERY sparkling romantic feminen.
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.

Oh, oh, please Miss! Please Miss!
    Since you're wearing an Indian ensemble (sounds utterly fabulous btw) what about this appropriately-named fragrance to compliment it?
    From Now Smell This:
    "Coming in February from Kenzo, Kenzo Amour Indian Holi, a limited edition fragrance named for the Indian Festival of Colors.

The original Amour fragrance has been reworked by perfumers Daphne Bugey and Olivier Cresp, and has...

'...become more colorful with notes of rose essence, pink pepper and peony. Though it remains close to the original, changes have been made: the vanilla is less marked and the floral and musky notes have been accentuated, along with woodsy, fruity and balmy notes.'"

I wore Eternity

Smile Re: Wedding day fragrances

I wore Chanel Allure, but considered Marc Jacobs.

I will probably wear Femme by Rochas, we will be doing the City Hall visit in a couple of weeks, and since it is cool out. I just love Femme, vintage smells much different than newer, much more animal like.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Not only you have great taste, you're cool too.
    Thanks!

We got married in 1996 and Égoïste is still hub's signature. It was mine when we met, but he liked very much and when he learned it was a men's scent, he wanted to have a bottle of his own, too.

Good thing we got married then, it would be much harder for me to pick a scent now, I probably couldn't do it until the last minute.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

It would be very difficult if I were to choose now...

Back then it was just a little white musk....

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Oh, oh, please Miss! Please Miss!
    Since you're wearing an Indian ensemble (sounds utterly fabulous btw) what about this appropriately-named fragrance to compliment it?
    From Now Smell This:
    "Coming in February from Kenzo, Kenzo Amour Indian Holi, a limited edition fragrance named for the Indian Festival of Colors.

The original Amour fragrance has been reworked by perfumers Daphne Bugey and Olivier Cresp, and has...

'...become more colorful with notes of rose essence, pink pepper and peony. Though it remains close to the original, changes have been made: the vanilla is less marked and the floral and musky notes have been accentuated, along with woodsy, fruity and balmy notes.'"
    that sounds fab! I'll have to see if I can get hold of some. The only problem might be that not all the Kenzo frags are available in Oz. Case in point: I love Kenzo (as in Kenzo by Kenzo), my mother got me some duty free when she was o/s some years ago. Have never been able to get more because it isn't available at all in Australia, I can't even find import versions in specialist stores. So we may not the the limited edition one but I'll definitely keep an eye out.

also, has anyone tried Courtesan by Worth? I was just doing an ingredients check, and it was on the list as having several I was interested in. So I looked it up and it sounds divine. But again, not sure if it is available here as I have never seen it (and I'm a devotee of Je Reviens so I assume I would have come across it at some time).

Of course, not sure if wearing something called Courtesan for my wedding is in good taste

Wink Re: Wedding day fragrances

not having a traditional wedding, I'm going bollywood and he will be a pirate. neither of us is wearing white, although my hand beaded silver and pale pink crystal chiffon over silver silk skirt and top are much ligher than my usual colour palette (and I'm changing into fuschia silk sari for the reception). and I already have a nose ring so I'll probably wear some trad indian bridal jewelry with chains linking nosering to earring and then wrapped around here (in silver of course). I never wear yellow gold and my wedding ring will be either white gold or platinum. So the traditional 'wedding' scents don't interest me much.

my partner is asthmatic so I have to be careful what I wear around him, some of the scents i have tried lately have really set him off. I also got him about half a dozen 1 ml vials before christmas to find something he likes, as he doesn't wear much, and we ended up with Cool Water which really suits him. Not really exotic but nice. I got a set with showergel and aftershave lotion so he can layer for longer effect. He also really loves Eau Savage but it has allegedly been discontinued in Australia and so far we can't find it anywhere. So my guess is that unless he can find some Eau Savage he will probably wear the Cool Water ( I also really liked A*men on him but he couldn't stand it) . For someone who almost never wears scent it is a big step.

and sniffathons are out for the same allergy reasons. I generally try one or two I like on my skin and see what he thinks an hour later.

Yesterday I tried Amirage (disappeared off my skin in about an hour), Ange ou Demon (couldn't smell it at all after about 15 mins), Samsara (stayed around and is growing on me), and L'Heure Bleue (didn't like the start, and it turned into the usual Guerlain powdery mess on me - it is an unfortunate effect many of them have). I love Je Reviens but the EdT is the only thing available here, and fades so quickly. And I have LouLou in EDP which lasts for about a week - I love it but currently it is the wrong time of year to try it I think. The heat just makes it overpowering.

edited to add:

Not sure whereabouts in Australia you live - but I would head to David Jones in Melbourne or Sydney - they have a great range of more niche fragrances than what you will find in Myer.
    Was thinking maybe something 'incensy'? Caron Parfum Sacre or Kenzo Flower Oriental?
    But Yvresse is beautiful. Have you tried Guerlain Mitsouko - but in EDP or Parfum? It is alot more fruity than the EDT - which can be 'dry'. My Mum loves Yvresse and I wanted to get something similar - Mitsouko, Rochas Femme and Maboussin are probably the closest.
    Or another idea - is go to a 'perfume house', and pick one of the fagrances. Chanel, Dior, Caron or Guerlain. They will usually have ONE that might be OK.
    Happy Hunting and good luck on your marriage!
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress

Of course, not sure if wearing something called Courtesan for my wedding is in good taste
    Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding divaflip, it sounds wonderful!

Not sure that I can add anything to the fragrance choice debate, but wanted to say that I took Agent Provocateur "Maitresse" on my honeymoon, inappropriate yes, but so much fun

i'm definately not married, nor will be any time soon, but one of my partners in crime (aka best friends going back to high school) did get hitched. i was in her wedding and had stayed the night at the hotel with her in a slumber party thing and in the morning we all had hair and make up done. in my box o' makeups i had a ziplock bag containing many samples of perfumes. her little niece rummaged through it to find one to wear and presented it to my friend for approval. the little one got the approval and my friend decided to dab some on too. the scent? Love in White.

i might get her a candle of it sometime, when i've got a better paying job, since she's not a perfume girl like me, and doesn't really wear much of it and if there's creed perfume buying going on, its gonna be for me!
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

I used to think that I'd wear Songes on my wedding day, but seeing as I'm nowhere near married and Songes has become one of my signature scents...I will have to figure something else out.

I am in love with Serge Lutens La Myrrhe, so I might wear that. A wedding would be a perfect opportunity to justify buying a new bell jar. I also really love Iris Poudre by Frederic Malle, so possibly that. It would really depend on the weather and locale for the wedding. Also, our beloved basenoter Vijay introduced me to Montale's Intense Tiare which would be perfectly suited to a wedding in the tropics.

I loved reading about Fleurissimo, but since it has violet in it I will not wear it. (quote from http://www.parfumsraffy.com/fleurissimo.html)
    An exquisite bouquet of regal beauty created for the legendary Grace Kelly. Experience the enduring beauty of fairy tale romance with Creed Fleurissimo, the ethereal floral fragrance specially commissioned by Prince Rainier of Monaco for his bride, Princess Grace, to wear for the first time on her wedding day. An intoxicating blend of tuberose, Bulgarian rose, violet and Florentine iris, Creed Fleurissimo will bring out the princess in any woman, and inspire her dream of royal beauty and romance. This extraordinary fragrance was also a treasured favorite of another American "royal" - Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Creed Fleurissimo fragrance notes include: Tuberose, Bulgarian Rose, Violet, Florentine iris
    Last edited by linnea; 11th January 2008 at 04:26 PM.