Code of Conduct

Default In Damascus/Aleppo

Hi guys!

Next week I fly to Syria and I need information about:

1. a reputable perfume shop (or shops, not souks) in Damascus or Aleppo which sells oriental perfumes,

2. if I can find in Damascus or Aleppo a shop (or shops) with good quality essential oils.

Thank you very much!

Default Re: In Damascus/Aleppo

As far as I remember in Aleppo you can buy perfume oils in the suk (market).

I don't remember any shop like in the western countries, aside from airport shops, which anyway carry just the main designer frags.

Have a nice time in Syria, a wonderful country.

W

Be sure to take in Latakia, btw -- superb ruins there. Aleppo's cool, too -- doesn't get near enough play in the Western tourist/traveler world.

MY CURRENT SALE THREAD: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...01#post1073301

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Thank you very much, Waldemar and Tvlampboy! Maybe I'll find some nice perfume oils at souks in Damascus and Aleppo, but the problem is that "you never know what they put in those perfumes and it can be dangerous for you" (it's what one friendly perfume seller told me in Nabeul, Tunisia). Thanks!