Code of Conduct

Default Fumerie Turque & beeswax inquiry

I have two bottles of Fumerie Turque, and one is very different from the other. Whereas one is *the* most wonderful thing ever captured in a bottle, the other starts off the same, but once the topnotes fade the beeswax\honey accord in the base is just incredibly intense and dominant so that it's obnoxious and hard to bear (for me at least)

Whereas the 1st bottle can be worn in any weather, the 2nd is only good for the cold.

So I have two questions: First, does *your* FT have that overly intense beeswax in the base, or does it blend in with the other base notes, (as in my 1st bottle)? I.E. What's it *supposed* to small like?

Next, is beeswax a note that gets more intense with age, or exposure to the sun? Are there very different beeswax oils? Why would these bottles he so different? There both the limited 50ml bottles that we available last Christmas.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 7th October 2007 at 06:57 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Default Re: Fumerie Turque & beeswax inquiry

I don't know if this helps, but whenever I wore FT (testing it last year), it smelt almost different everytime I wore it. Sometimes smokey, sometimes sweet...eventually I decided never to upgrade to a full bottle.

Default Re: Fumerie Turque & beeswax inquiry

Thanks nsmadi - it does have many aspects to it that come out in different conditions, but there on top of that, there is really something very different going on with the beeswax from one bottle to the next. They start off identically, but after a little while there's no mistaking them, one bottle is clearly quite different.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS: