Code of Conduct

Default YSL by Yves Saint Laurent (Red Cap) vs YSL by Yves Saint Laurent Concentree (Black Ca

I recently purchased a sample vial of YSL by Yves Saint Laurent Concentree (Black Cap) from ScentedMonkey. I have used the Red Cap (regular) version for years. I, for the life of me cannot smell a difference with what they sent me from the regular version. I am thinking they sent me the regular YSL by mistake.

Is there anyone who can tell me if there is much of a difference between the two or are they very similar?

Default Re: YSL by Yves Saint Laurent (Red Cap) vs YSL by Yves Saint Laurent Concentree (Blac

Neal,

They are similar but not the same. The Concentree is MUCH more herbal, almost to the point of being "dirty". While I like it, I can't wear it in the heat, unlike its older brother, and have relegated it to winter wear. The original is airier, with a more noticeable verbena note, which is one of my favorite aspects of the scent. I prefer the original by far. To sum up, the notes are very similar, but the emphasis on them is much different. If you are as familiar with the original as you say, you should be able to tell the difference without much trouble.

Default Re: YSL by Yves Saint Laurent (Red Cap) vs YSL by Yves Saint Laurent Concentree (Blac

Thanks Levente,
    I am convinced they sent me the wrong one. I had the same situation once with a vial of Tabarome sent when they were supposed to send Vintage Tabarome!