Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Best alternative to a shower pouf?

I'm sick of using boring ol' shower poufs. Can anyone recommend something that is a good exfoliator & works shower gel into a good lather & is easy to grip? I don't ask for much, do I?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Best alternative to a shower pouf?

You could try a luffa/loofah.It's a really rough sponge, a very good exfoliator.

I love exfoliating gloves - good reaching/scrubbing power, don't slip off and last reasonably long

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    You could try a luffa/loofah.It's a really rough sponge, a very good exfoliator.
    Being a guy, I like and use loofahs too. They're a bit more manly than a "pouf." I use these:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...49&catid=76182 - comes with a handy little hook embedded in it so you can hang it up on something in the shower when you're done.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...11&catid=50429 - this one is awesome for scrubbing your back. It has a rope loop on each end to grip it and slide back and forth against your back, shoulders, etc.

---------------------------------------------

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...10&catid=50429 - i don't use this one but you might like it if you like mitt-type scrubbers.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...90&catid=76145 - this thing has recently hit the market and looks promising for exfoliating your face (or anywhere i guess) but it's a little pricey.

summer means fireflys

Have you seen the poufs at B&BW? I usually just buy cheapies at WalMart or Target, but these are different ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Some "Buf-Pufs" have a smooth sponge on one side and exfoliating sponge on the other, others are just plain exfoliating sponges. They make them for face and body, are easy to hold, and lather especially well with bar soaps which I use. There's a gentle one, if you have sensitive skin. They're made from nylon and don't get soggy like loofahs, either. I just noticed a new back scrubber Buf-Puf, too. Here they are at drugstore.com:

http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...o.x=11&Go.y=16
    Last edited by beachroses; 7th November 2007 at 03:35 AM.

I use washcloths. I bought a stack of like 20 white ones for $5 a Target. I use a fresh one every day to avoid the bacteria that it gets from sitting around in the wet and dark all day.

If, unlike me, you can afford to splurge on nice ones I'm sure that would be a luxurious experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez View Post
    I love exfoliating gloves - good reaching/scrubbing power, don't slip off and last reasonably long
    Yes I love those gloves!!!

Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I've tried all the stuff out there and for me the best thing is just a clean fresh washcloth. It freaks me out when I think of how much bacteria is building in the sponges/loofahs and who has used it and where? The washcloth is so multifunctional. I leave it to hang dry over the side of the bathtub and when I clean the bathroom I can use it for cleaning purposes. Then I throw it in the hamper. Great for quick bathroom cleanups when your done w/your bath/shower..Just spray your cleaner here there and everywhere and have at it. You can clean your bathroom while you wait for your lotion/deodorant to dry on your body. Kill two birds w/one stone.
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sameasalways View Post
    I've tried all the stuff out there and for me the best thing is just a clean fresh washcloth. It freaks me out when I think of how much bacteria is building in the sponges/loofahs and who has used it and where? The washcloth is so multifunctional. I leave it to hang dry over the side of the bathtub and when I clean the bathroom I can use it for cleaning purposes. Then I throw it in the hamper. Great for quick bathroom cleanups when your done w/your bath/shower..Just spray your cleaner here there and everywhere and have at it. You can clean your bathroom while you wait for your lotion/deodorant to dry on your body. Kill two birds w/one stone.
    A used and still damp sponge/loofa, given a 30 second to 1 minute microwave oven on high power visit (depending on the power of the particular microwave) , will nail virtually every pathogen in it. Careful taking it out though...stays scalding hot for a few minutes after the purge. Then, one can use soap/detergent and warm water to fully rinse out the residue.

Alternately, a chlorinated soda (Chlorox) and hot water (approximately 5 parts chlorinated soda to 95 parts H2O) infusion into the offensive sponge/loofa for several minutes followed by several good squeeze rinses will also do the job.
    Last edited by kbe; 30th December 2007 at 02:10 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

i know but its so much faster and easier to just grab that clean washcloth out of the closet.
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.