Code of Conduct

Smile Blind Buys for October

Well, the month has rolled over into October, and once again I have a budget to work with. I decided to try out Scentiments.com this time, and made some blind buys on testers. I have been so happy every time I read the basenotes reviews and follow them that I got a bit adventurous.

I ended up buying "The Dreamer" by Versace and a couple of Puig Fragrances, Quorum and Agua Brava (I think I've smelled Quorum before many years ago, but I just can't remember what it smells like).

Anyways, I just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone for the advice so far, and wanted to share my excitement with the forum. I love basenotes! :-)
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

Default Re: Blind Buys for October

Good choices. And yes, scentiments is a great spot. It is really incredible the deals you can find there, not to mention that they are one of the few reliable resources for low-cost, real deal Creed.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 9th October 2007 at 09:18 PM.

Creed's Royal Delight; Montale's Orient Extreme; Narciso Rodriguez for Him
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 12th October 2007 at 12:50 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Gday all,

I would first like to say I've never bought blind before, but things are about to change.. My first Creed arrived in the mail today - Silver Mountain Water.. I can't deny I'm happy about it.. Never had a fresh fragrance with deep tea notes..

I was so satisfied, I placed two more orders for Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte and Un Jardin sur le Nil.. Hopefully they'll turn out just as well.. Man this blind buying thing is addictive..

=)
    chimera.

Hi chimera45

you cant go wrong with either of the Hermes scents coming to you!!! Enjoy your blind purchases!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Hi chimera45

you cant go wrong with either of the Hermes scents coming to you!!! Enjoy your blind purchases!
    Thanks mate..!
    That's very good to know.. Can't wait... =)

I ordered Sarrasins blind...eek! General rule of thumb...never buy Lutens scents blind! What was I thinking???

I haven't actually received it yet...so it may work out in my favour, but it was a risky thing to do at that price-point.

I bought Carven Homme blind
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I ordered Sarrasins blind...eek! General rule of thumb...never buy Lutens scents blind! What was I thinking???

I haven't actually received it yet...so it may work out in my favour, but it was a risky thing to do at that price-point.
    Oh my. I hope you will like it! I wouldn't be willing to take such a leap.

I've just purchased L'Anarchiste and Yatagan by Caron, and L'Eau de L'Artisan by L'Artisan Parfumeur from a fellow Basenoter. I'm considering this a semi-blind buy as I've only sampled these before. Since the cost of a decant of each was only slightly less I splurged for full bottles.
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 15th October 2007 at 04:34 PM.

GIT just came back in at Scentiments so went ahead and ordered a bottle =) Can't wait for it since I've been rationing my decants.. and unfortunately the woman I'm interested in loves GIT.. at least she likes Chez Bond as well lol.

Habit Rouge. Where have you been all my life?
    Last edited by bbobkc; 26th October 2007 at 01:20 AM.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by bbobkc View Post
    I got:
    Herrera for Men Sensual Vetiver
    I am sooooo jealous Herrera for Men is my favourite citrus-type fragrance.

For me it was Hanae Mori HM EdP.

I picked up Floris Santal blind. Kind of a cross between Gucci Envy and Bond No. 9 Riverside Drive. I like it!
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Quote Originally Posted by chimera45 View Post
    Gday all,

I would first like to say I've never bought blind before, but things are about to change.. My first Creed arrived in the mail today - Silver Mountain Water.. I can't deny I'm happy about it.. Never had a fresh fragrance with deep tea notes..

I was so satisfied, I placed two more orders for Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte and Un Jardin sur le Nil.. Hopefully they'll turn out just as well.. Man this blind buying thing is addictive..

=)
    chimera.
    Alright Aussie

I bought SMW as my first blind buy after reading about it here. Stunning choice!

PS - Better luck next time in the Rugby World Cup - I was gutted when the Aussies bottled it in such spectacular fashion!
    Last edited by calexs; 20th October 2007 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calexs View Post
    Alright Aussie

I bought SMW as my first blind buy after reading about it here. Stunning choice!

PS - Better luck next time in the Rugby World Cup - I was gutted when the Aussies bottled it in such spectacular fashion!
    It was indeed, and its really growing on me..

What can I say mate, we were sloppy.. Disappointed, yes.. Next time I will learn not to place my hopes to high up.. LOL.
    In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds it's morning, and is refreshed. -Kahlil Gibran

Current Favourites: Mandarine by Il Profvmo, Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Nicole Miller for Men...

Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile and Guerlain Vetiver edt
    Pleased with both, especially the Vetiver, love the soothing green notes
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I went a little nuts with some Montale decants. Steam Oud, Black Oud, White Oud, Soleil de Capri, Blue Amber, Sweet Oriental Dream. Believe it or not I love them all! Thank goodness.

Holy Toledo, I got

Arpege
    Escada Homme
    Zizanie
    Herrera Vetiver
    Fresh Sake - Very nice!
    Rive Gauche
    Various swaps of decants (Black Aoud, Kyoto, Attar) wow!
    And last but definitely not least - Habit Rouge. Hot dang this is awesome!
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn