Code of Conduct

Default Bath soap's affect on a frag?

Do bath soaps and fragrances clash? I use one of the Dial soaps, which has a slight but noticeable scent. Is there a rule of thumb on this? Thanks.
    Current Wardrobe: Terre d'Hermes (duh), Guerlain Vetiver, Bvlgari Aqua, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Mugler Cologne, Rochas Man, Green Irish Tweed

Default Re: Bath soap's affect on a frag?

I dont think it matters that much .

Thumbs up Re: Bath soap's affect on a frag?

Soap smell does not last long enough to clash with anything!

It does rub off natural oils that help the scent to be what it should be on your skin but that is about it.

Most of the time, they don't.

When it comes to supermarket soaps: I've used Ivory (original), Dove Cool Moisture (green tea/cucumber), Dial white (same scent as Dial gold), Dial Spring Water (smells a lot like Acqua di Gio Pour Homme), and Zest Hydrating Effects (Aqua Pure). None of them clashed with my scents or reduced fragrance longevity.

Some specialty soaps do clash, but most don't... the heavier it smells, the more likely it is to clash or affect scent longevity. But the likelyhood is still low. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by MFfan310; 10th October 2007 at 03:14 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Caress Moroccan Exotic Oil Infusion body wash completely destroys any sent i've put on top of it. Beware!

However, the stuff smells great by itself. It has a woody, spicy fragarance that stays very close to the skin. A very pleasant surprise on the grocery store shelf.
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 12th October 2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Whoops, wrong brand.

My favorite soap to use that actually aids fragrance is Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap. This is best in the summer time, but it really adds a delicious note--very, very subtle--to scents. I would highly recommend it. Great soap too...you can even brush your teeth with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    My favorite soap to use that actually aids fragrance is Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap. This is best in the summer time, but it really adds a delicious note--very, very subtle--to scents. I would highly recommend it. Great soap too...you can even brush your teeth with it!

OMG!! I use to love that stuff. When we were in college, we used that soap all the time. We didn't have air in the dorm and we were down south. Man it would be so hot, but Dr Bronner's Peppermint soap would cool you way down. You feel so fresh after washing with it.

To answer your question, I don't think a soap's scent will last long enough to clash with anything. So, get in that tub and scrub scrub scrub away yesterday.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Blog Entries

I've recently been turned on to Neutragena's Rainbath shower gel. It's scented & when you put your fragrance on right after your shower, it does affect the smell a bit. However, in my experience it's always been a GOOD THING. Right now I'm wearing Lolita Lempicka au masculin, & every once in awhile I'll catch whiffs of Rainbath mixed in w/ the Lolita. It's a great smell!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia