Code of Conduct

Question What's the worst that could happen?

Several weeks ago I posted a query about Patchouli recommendations from you, my lovely, fellow basenoters. You were magnifi(scent)! in your suggestions.

Here's the situation. I have a bottle of Etro Patchouli that I bought in Tuscany, ah, sigh, this past May. While I like the opening it does not seem to last long enough.

What I am considering at this moment is taking my bottle of Etro Patchouli, the old version with lovely etching and removable spray, and adding Patchouli oil that I tried at a local store. The oil is musty, thick, yet dry.

Is this herresy? Is this akin to making Frankenstein's monster?

The outcome of this mixture would surely be predictable, a slightly stronger formulation.

So, what is the worst that could happen?

Default Re: What's the worst that could happen?

The worst that could happen is you smell bad a lose the money you spent on each if the experiment goes bad. But it could turn out great. I would set aside some of each and combine them in a decant before making a whole batch of the stuff, just to be safe.

I concur wholeheartedly with Envyus. Try it separately first, then do as you will.
    Speaking from personal experience, suffice it to say that patchouli oil is one of my bestest fwiends in de whole wide wowld.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 10th October 2007 at 03:21 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Basenotes Institution

This is not heresy. You own the bottle and you're not liking it - experiment with it (in a decant) and report back.

OK! I'm going to conduct this experiment today after I find a vial. Will report back later.
    Wish me luck.

Though I doubt you'll read this before your experiment, you could just try layering the two. I do this with oils and I have also actually done it with spices. It really works and you don't have to compromise anything in the long run...

You can even predict the result layering it on yoru skin I think. At least you won't waste juice in case you don't like the effect.