Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Cuir de Russie

So I happened to be in Chanel yesterday, and I thought I would spray a bit of the Cuir de Russie EDT in the new "exclusifs" bottle...anyway, I was wondering if its still available in the parfum extrait? I guess I could have asked, but I didn't want the pressure.

Default Re: Chanel Cuir de Russie

I think I heard that Chanel Cuir de Russie and Chanel Bois des Iles are no longer being sold in the parfum (extrait) formulation, which is very sad, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    I think I heard that Chanel Cuir de Russie and Chanel Bois des Iles are no longer being sold in the parfum (extrait) formulation, which is very sad, in my opinion.
    That's what I heard too....very sad.

I will say that the edt I sprayed was one of the longest lasting edt's I've encountered...but its still not the same. And what am I supposed to do with a 200ml bottle???

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    That's what I heard too....very sad. I will say that the edt I sprayed was one of the longest lasting edt's I've encountered...but its still not the same. And what am I supposed to do with a 200ml bottle???
    The 200ml bottles are killing the Rue Cambon line. Imagine how many they would sell if they had a 50ml size? Since Chanel makes 90% of their revenue from Fragrance and Beauty, this would only make sense, right? Do they expect you to bathe in it? Tom Ford Private Collection offers 2 sizes and a few of the smaller ones have already sold out.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 11th October 2007 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    The 200ml bottles are killing the Rue Cambon line. Imagine how many they would sell if they had a 50ml size? Since Chanel makes 90% of their revenue from Fragrance and Beauty, this would only make sense, right? Do they expect you to bathe in it? Tom Ford Private Collection offers 2 sizes and a few of the smaller ones have already sold out.
    Agreed.

I guess the huge sized bottles are part of the strategy about keeping them for the élite being rich enough to afford a bottle and being really into the juices enough to bathe in them
    Anyway I agree on the fact that the old 100ml bottles and the perfume strength too were far better. Now for sure I will find a smelling partner with which to divide the 200 ml bottle when I will buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    I guess the huge sized bottles are part of the strategy about keeping them for the élite being rich enough to afford a bottle and being really into the juices enough to bathe in them
    Anyway I agree on the fact that the old 100ml bottles and the perfume strength too were far better. Now for sure I will find a smelling partner with which to divide the 200 ml bottle when I will buy one.

Agree

But how you imagine the process of spliting the botlle?
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Thats not the only thing. I have decants of Cuir de Russie from "an older bottle" and the Rue Cambon collection. The Rue Cambon version is thinner (lower concentration of oils?) and has a more pronounced floral heart; Beaux's signature floral trifecta of rose-ylangYlang-jasmine is amplified. The older decant has a stronger leather note. The newer version smells more feminine to my nose; it would be better on a powerful and classy woman.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Thats not the only thing. I have decants of Cuir de Russie from "an older bottle" and the Rue Cambon collection. The Rue Cambon version is thinner (lower concentration of oils?) and has a more pronounced floral heart; Beaux's signature floral trifecta of rose-ylangYlang-jasmine is amplified. The older decant has a stronger leather note. The newer version smells more feminine to my nose; it would be better on a powerful and classy woman.
    I had a bottle of the pre-Rue Cambon Cuir de Russie. It was an EdT spray 100ml and after 10 years it was still 1/2 full. It was nice, but I ended up selling it to a fellow Basenoter all the way in Israel. I'm sure it was worth more than I sold it for.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    So I happened to be in Chanel yesterday, and I thought I would spray a bit of the Cuir de Russie EDT in the new "exclusifs" bottle...anyway, I was wondering if its still available in the parfum extrait? I guess I could have asked, but I didn't want the pressure.
    I was in the San Francisco store today and they have the parfum.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I have to second zztopp.

But I don`t think those 200 ml bottles could ruin Rue Cambon collection. It`s boutique version - elitarian etc.
    Chanel gets a lot more money from Allure+Allure homme+CocoMademoiselle and their flankers, #5, and Eau Premiere #5 will be the hit too. And think about cosmetics - does it counts?

Yet I have to add that in most of places that used to sell Chanel - there`re some unsold bottles of extrait Cuir de Russie
    Vetiver The Great!!!