Code of Conduct

Default Diesel Fuel for life/Narciso Rodrigues.......

Tried Diesel Fuel for Life last week; a nice experience! In fact I liked it and the longevity surprised me.Its not light or aquatic.Not expensive and could be an allround daytime scent if you like it.The Narciso Rodrigues wich I sampled is a different story;definitely not for everybody;but the notes are very special,first impression is ,,strange'", but thats exactly that was told about Hermes Terre.........I also bought a great new ,,old'" one ;Egoiste,always in my top five!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Diesel Fuel for life/Narciso Rodrigues.......

Quote Originally Posted by sniff View Post
    Tried Diesel Fuel for Life last week; a nice experience! In fact I liked it and the longevity surprised me.Its not light or aquatic.Not expensive and could be an allround daytime scent if you like it.The Narciso Rodrigues wich I sampled is a different story;definitely not for everybody;but the notes are very special,first impression is ,,strange'", but thats exactly that was told about Hermes Terre.........I also bought a great new ,,old'" one ;Egoiste,always in my top five!
    I've never thought of Narciso Rodriguez for Men as 'strange'. I do think it when you spray it, the effect that the violet notes have are a little sharp (some on Basenotes mention it hurts their noses), but after a few minutes it fades and becomes warm and musky. Definitely not for everyone, that's for sure - and, well...you've got to like musk.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I've never thought of Narciso Rodriguez for Men as 'strange'. I do think it when you spray it, the effect that the violet notes have are a little sharp (some on Basenotes mention it hurts their noses), but after a few minutes it fades and becomes warm and musky. Definitely not for everyone, that's for sure - and, well...you've got to like musk.

I agree with this. After about 4 or 5 wearings something about the way it smells on me changed. NR for Him is a current favorite of mine.

On the other hand, I tried Diesel Fuel for Life and found it to be unwearable. I hope I don't offend those who like it but it came across as a cheaply made, mess of a fragrance. For those longevity whores, the smell remained intact through 3 intense scrubbings on my wrist.

as i said in a previous post...fuel for life smells like grape big league chew and fruit punch combined...very unwearable indeed

Fuels smells exactly like Fruit Stripe Gum, it's unreal. I really kind of dig it, and its soooo not my type of fragrance. I keep hearing (reading) everyone rave about Narciso, but when I smelled it, it definitely did nothing for me.

But that's why they make chocolate, and vanilla, and vetiver, and incense, and musk ...
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

The Nasciso is nice...was more impressed by DFFL though. Less polished than the former... but more character to my nose.
    Last edited by knightowl; 11th October 2007 at 05:52 PM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I'm loving this Narciso Rodriguez I just got -- rich and sharp violets over a complex musky base -- VERY nice stuff, and WHAT a great drydown! This reminds me of a more complex Burberry Touch -- esp. with the violets over the musk.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 18th October 2007 at 01:27 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Did I mention to the group that Narciso Rodriguez for him is my fall staple scent?

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Did I mention to the group that Narciso Rodriguez for him is my fall staple scent?
    Wow...I just sprayed some on before I leave work to go out to a function as I read this thread....LOL

Fragrance On,

Otto

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Me too Scentimus!! Not only is NRFH my current fall staple scent, it's moved it's way into my current top five favorites regardless of season. Great stuff for this time of year in the damp and chilly Northwest!!