Code of Conduct

Default Prada Infusion d'Iris

Sampled this today, and although at first it seems quite transparent and inconsequential, it has real staying power, and after it has dried down, it has a wonderful warm sensuality. I have a feeling I may have to buy a small bottle of this...but I'm trying to talk myself out of it, because I have winter frags to wear, and this one doesn't fit the winter theme very well. What do others think of this one? I was pleasantly surprised.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Default Re: Prada Infusion d'Iris

I thought it was very pleasant, too!

(I, also, was surprised. The original Prada is very strong and almost hyper in its intensity. Or maybe that's just the "north shore" women who wear it...) I think I will sample it again next week, and this time on my skin.

I do not see why it couldn't be a good winter alternative, Clem.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

I really love it. I wasn't going to try it, having read the notes, because I don't usually get on very well with mandarin, but a friend said she thought I'd love it and made me have a spritz when we were shopping. I'm very impressed; iris is one of my favourite notes and the interpretation of it here is extremely beautiful and has good lasting power. The mandarin in the top is actually sparkly and attractive, and I like the middle and bottom much better than, say, Hiris. The incense and cedar in it are a wonderful accompaniment to the iris note; it smells blue-grey and creamy once the top has dried off.

I've not bought it yet because I'm not sure there's a place for it in my wardrobe alongside my favourite iris, TDC's Bois d'Iris; there are other things, including, unfortunately, two of the Tom Ford limited collection frags which I want to get first. (I'm also trying to save money at the moment because we've a couple of big holidays coming up.) I may end up buying it in the new year, or seeing if anyone wants to swap a bottle.

I was unsure at first - upon applying it a first time, my wife found it transparent and lightweight (and I tended to agree with her). But as you mention Clem, after a while an embracing, rousing base emerged.
    I daresay the wife will pick up a big bottle dutyfree next week. I think its a good fragrance for any season.

I think my 'not a winter scent' comment refers to my own impression of winter frags as being spicy heavy-hitters. It's hard for me to describe exactly what I mean by that, not being an afficionado when it comes to fragrances, but for me, winter fragrances are red, brown, amber, warm, rich, spicy and impossible to ignore. SL's Ambre Sultan will be one of my winter frags, along with Rousse and Black Cashmere. Strong orientals will emerge from my collection, and I also suspect I'll be getting through my bottle of Aromatics Elixir pretty rapidly too. The florals will be put away, along with the light spritzy summer scents, like Champs Elysee.

I found myself thinking of Infusion d'Iris as a Spring-Summer fragrance...and then I'm wondering why it's been released in the Autumn. But there should be no laws about fragrances and seasons...it's just a gut thing for me.

Even so, the temptation to buy this one is pretty strong, particularly because I can STILL smell it on the back of my hand, 8 hours after I gave it a light spray this lunchtime. Sign of a good long-laster to me, and a winner in terms of 'shall I buy it? yes, I think I shall!'

:-)
    Bill Cosby

I smelled this in a magazine strip; it made me want to try it when previously had no interest, not being a Prada or Iris fan. I know I really haven't smelled it at all, just that little bit, but I am curious now. The descriptions I read here and elsewhere make me want to try it even more.

Do try it Ruby, it's a very versatile easy to wear scent. And it's long lasting too.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I kept looking at this one aat the fragrance festival last night. I don't know why I can't get into this one. I do like the way it smells, but it just hasn't moved me to buy it. I might have to try it on again. It might be another Flowerbomb type situation. I loved the way it smelled, but I tried it on me and didn't like it at all, but I tried it again last night and it smelled so good. Alien tought me to go back and give a frag another chance
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

I bought IIP to have a discreet fragrance all-day-long
    On me, it's a perfume of fresh iron linen, and I don't smell incense I hate!
    My gal likes too!!
    Last edited by nyneve; 13th November 2007 at 08:29 AM.
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

I find it to be perfectly balanced. Subtle, yet contrasted enough, and not as light it appears to be at first. So deliciously creamy. And I do find it wearable by a man. It lasts for hours on me. It's my optimistic perfume, it reminds me of the innocence of childhood. It tops my list of new perfumes in 2007, for women and men.

I think its easily the best department store-release this year...possibly the best release this year period.

I'm still totally undecided
    about Prada Infusion d'Iris.

I like it,
    but it's Prada edp I love .

Prada Infusion d'Iris seems light,
    more ready to go for a
    spring or summer stroll.

DH smells the original
    hidden in there somewhere.
    But, that's lost on me.

So although, I like it
    I did not get a bottle
    at Duty Free even though
    it was a ridiculously
    fabulously priced.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I think its easily the best department store-release this year...possibly the best release this year period.
    I would agree. It's been my every day fragrance ever since I bought it and I just don't tire of it.
    Bill Cosby

I finally got to Chicago and was so excited to try it at Nordstrom, but alas it's not for me. I didn't hate it but didn't feel compelled to buy a bottle at all. I think I must not be an iris fan. It's a very distinctive smell and not my fave. Good for my pocketbook anyway!

I bought Infusion at the beginning of December and find myself reaching for it most days. I tried it when it was released but wasn't sure if I really would love it.
    DONNA

My darling sister bought me a big old 100 ml bottle for Christmas... I really like it... I had tried it before and knew that I liked it, but having worn it all day I can say that I REALLY like it... I can see myself wearing it an awful lot.
    It's not at all what I would usually consider wearing in the winter, but there's something delightfully limpid about it that seems to mesh with drizzly days... and then the sparkling prettiness can just lift you out of the dreariness... everyone has complimented me on it today...
    it lasts very well on me too... my only fault with it is that I don't get a lot of base... I want a bit more incense... I'm hoping that slightly warmer weather will maybe bring it out a bit more.
    And the bottle is divine

It is really nice, and easy to wear, but nothing to get if you loves Prada original, who is a marvelouse scent, at least on my skin and to my nose...
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I've been charmed by this one after having a more indifferent reaction when I first tested it. It seemed so light as to be pointless. But I had a chance to wear it more and it really does last a long time and becomes a softly enveloping scent. Still, I didn't want to buy it because I have and wear Bois d'Iris a lot. But I managed to swap for a bottle and I'm glad I did. This one has a different feel to it, less raw and earthy but more sensual. I'm so impressed with it--it could easily be sold as a niche scent at twice the price.

I want to try this so badly. Sadly it's not sold anywhere around here. Some others recommended it when I was looking for an alternative to Prada Amber PH. It turns out the allergic reaction I thought I was having to it was either to something else, or for some magical reason has just disappeared, and so I didn't need to get rid of Prada Amber, woot! . Even so, this sounds like a magical scent.

I prefer it to any of the previous Prada scents, but I am an iris fan and like most iris scents. Hiris was a signature for years.

Smart marketing to release it after the heavier Prada scents and as winter approaches (spring fever). It will smell fresh after so many heavy winter frags have been sniffed and worn.

That being said, I doubt I'll purchase - too ubiquitous at this point and I do think there are some better alternatives.

I bought this coffret (and a "Silver Rain" coffret) for my wife for Xmas.
    The Prada is beautiful in this cooler weather!

I gave myself a spritz of this at Saks a few weeks back. Unfortunately I also tried Angel at the same time so the top notes were totally overpowered and I barely got an impression of them (couldn't stand Angel! very different from what I expected). However I kept smelling the PId'I base all day long and it was very pretty, but kind of insubstantial. I love Prada edp (maybe overdosed a bit on it in the fall and am looking for a new winter scent) but I don't find PId'I to be a very good cold weather scent. I also went ice skating after my perfume excursion so I had a superlatively wintery day! I will maybe revisit this scent with a little more discretion (no Angel next time!) once the sun comes out again.

Quote Originally Posted by marnut View Post
    I gave myself a spritz of this at Saks a few weeks back. Unfortunately I also tried Angel at the same time so the top notes were totally overpowered and I barely got an impression of them (couldn't stand Angel! very different from what I expected). However I kept smelling the PId'I base all day long and it was very pretty, but kind of insubstantial. I love Prada edp (maybe overdosed a bit on it in the fall and am looking for a new winter scent) but I don't find PId'I to be a very good cold weather scent. I also went ice skating after my perfume excursion so I had a superlatively wintery day! I will maybe revisit this scent with a little more discretion (no Angel next time!) once the sun comes out again.
    Marnut you must try it again. I was really pumped up to buy Infusion d' Iris back in Nov. at Nordstroms and I tried it along with several others and was underwhelmed by it. Then recently a wonderfull basenoter sent me a lovely large decant and I have fallen in love with it. You can not appreciate the subtle beauty of it if you are wearing another frag. Give it another solo try