Code of Conduct

Default TGIF! SotD Friday 12 October

In support of my dear LIB who has a job interview today

Metallica

Lots of it, the whole day through
    Delicious fumes will waft all the way to Italy.

You go, Buni.

A great Friday to all of you!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: TGIF! SotD Friday 12 October

I'm an early bird today,despite the fact that I'm very bad at it! Needed something a little spicy and warm for all the snow outside(and to kick me awake) so today I will be wearing Gaultier 2 for work. Have a wonderful friday everybody and GOOD LUCK to LIB!!!

Thumbs up Re: TGIF! SotD Friday 12 October

Snow? Still fairly warm in NJ but at least we had some rain. Now DH, a lawn fetishist, will finally settle down and stop fretting

Joining everyone in wishing LIB a great job interview.

I myself have a day conference so have to get up early, which is rare for me. So after scrubbing off some scent I tried at Walgreens, I am sleeping in Holman and Stephanie's Fascination, a very rich and lovely floral.

Today's musk is Helmut Lang EdP, casual and elegant, warm skin musk.

Have a fab Friday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Paco Rabanne - La Nuit

Musc Ravageur. How I do love this one.

Best of luck, LIB!

Narciso Rodriguez for her.
    Have a great weekend

Good luck to LIB!

I'm in Shalimar
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Wishing you lots of luck, dear LIB!

TGIF!!

Santa Maria Novella MELOGRANO
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Chanel no 5
    Last edited by rtamara41; 12th October 2007 at 03:15 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

All the best of luck to you today, LIB!

I am wearing Style by Jil Sander today. A very soft floral-musk-wood, that wears extremely close to the skin, IMHO. Nose is Bernard Ellena - wonder if he is a relative to the famous Jean-Claude?
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Good luck LIB - you'll have to post later to tell us how it went and, of course, what your SOTD was.
    This morning I am testing Creed's Orange Spice and finding it very male, very much like Kouros and very enduring. But I have lots of other lovely new things to try so I might have to scrub...

Later:
    Scrubbed and now testing Lutens' Daim Blonde. At first it was so sweet! Then apricots. But now settling down into the suede and I'm liking this very much. Suspect I will be embarassed to find myself sniffing my arms in the supermarket again. (You notice that 'again'. But I'm middle aged and unrepentant. There's not enough eccentricity in the world anyway.)
    Last edited by Wordbird; 12th October 2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: scrubbed
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Angel today.

best of luck LIB ... I'm hoping to get called in soon for an interview myself ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I'm wearing SMN Melograno too! It's good on women in small doses.
    Less is definitely more with this one on my skin.

LIB - Let us know how it goes, we'll be rooting for you :wave:

Wearing Cristiano Fissore Rapsodia in Blu. This one is fading fast - so I may wind up wearing Bvlgari Omnia Amethyst later this morning.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

::chants:: Lib will get job..Lib will get job..Lib will get job..

Off today and in jeans and tee shirt so...something with panache

YSL M7 it is!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Go, get 'em, LIB!!!

Yesterday's leather SoTDs persuaded me to try my sample vial of Parfumerie Generale's Cuir d'Iris, courtesy of a very generous BNer (although I can't seem to find "Cuir d'Iris" listed anywhere, so it just might be Cuir Venenum), with a few drops of BPAL's Love and Pain (notes: Lavender, Balkan tobacco, black musk, dark vanilla, and golden copaifera) on the back of one hand.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Came back from vacation last evening, was too tired to write but read every entry of the forum. Thanks for thinking of us kindly. Was missing you, guys!

Best wishes to Lady_in_Black with the interview. Wearing Caron Poivre.

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, Hades

black narcissus and cypress, stephanotis, opoponax, labdanum, onycha and ambergris.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    .... Suspect I will be embarrassed to find myself sniffing my arms in the supermarket again. (You notice that 'again'. But I'm middle aged and unrepentant. There's not enough eccentricity in the world anyway.)
    Way to go!!!

Coolish for the first time - good excuse to haul out naughty, raunchy Kingdom and sniff myself all over...all over!!! (Supermarkets - art exhibits - post office, etc.)

P.S. By now LIB will have either accepted or spurned the offer - riding the crest of all these good vibes! And welcome home Wolfie!!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 12th October 2007 at 12:42 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Wearing Dzongkha today.

My interview went well a couple of weeks ago (I start Monday) -- wishing the same for Lady_in_Black!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Welcome home Twolf. Hope you had a great trip.
    Good luck Lady in Black. Remember, if they don't choose you, they didn't deserve you anyway.
    Believe it or not, I'm wearing the last of an old bottle of Estee Lauder Knowing. The weather turned cool, and I have always adored this perfume's drydown.
    For those of you who shudder at the thought, I understand. It is tricky getting to the soft, powdery part, but oh, so worth it.
    Sometimes the opening comes on so strong that I shower to hasten the process. But that rose, tuberose, orange, patchouli and amber ending is one of the most daring drydowns that department stores have ever offered.

sampling un bois vanille by serge lutens
    Wishlist is pointless.

Best of luck to LIB. The weather has turned cool here also. It went from being in the high 80's to the very low 60's (brrrrrr, us southern girls don't tolerate those drastic changes in temp very well) . I am going to wear L de Lolita Lempicka ....a favorite cool weather frag! Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

No.5 Sensual Elixer
    Good Luck LIB!

Basenotes Institution

So, I did the 'Lady In Black will get the job' dance and now I'm sitting in a cross legged pose chanting...

Wearing: Acqua Viva by Profumum - possibly the worlds strongest lemon fragrance I've ever worn. Just this shy of reminding me of Lemon Joy dishwashing liquid - it is so tenacious, I'm in awe of it.

And purplebird - I can smell your sillage (from Knowing) all the way here in Miami...!

I'm wearing a ladies scent today..so I thought I'd post here.

My latest acquisition...Meteorites by Guerlain...mmmm...violets.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Career changes for tang, the lady in black and the shades of blue.
    Purplebird and Twolf are in attendance with the rest of the gang.

I'm wearing Shycat's long-ago gift of DSH Nouveau Gardenia.
    Strangely, all my usual fragrances are sort of making me sick.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

SoFresh is wearing one of my very favourites.

Good luck to LIB! I'm wearing Mahora today - definitely not a job interview sort of scent!

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Wearing Dzongkha today.

My interview went well a couple of weeks ago (I start Monday) -- wishing the same for Lady_in_Black!
    Tang....Congrats on the new job!!! Must be fall and change is in the air....

Best of luck Lady in Black!!!

Today I'm wearing Prada edp layered with Borneo 1834 - (only to my wrists).

The end result: A potion of darkness and light. Swirls of golden smoke and steam rising from the drops of sweet molasses melted by an expert chocolatier's hand and blended into creamy warm chocolate. Ahhh this is life! This is that perfect moment of hyperharmony, when only tears can express the depth of emotions that overwhelm my soul.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Go get 'em LIB!

Wearing Kelly Caleche today... is it wearing me?
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So, I did the 'Lady In Black will get the job' dance and now I'm sitting in a cross legged pose chanting...
    Wish I could see the dance, brother mine (videotape and post here later? ). Meanwhile, joining Mike in the cross-legged chanting so there's a unified front of good employment vibes to LIB from up and down the entire east coast of the US.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Cool Re: TGIF! SotD Friday 12 October

As my "post-work" scent/sote I was in the mood for something classy and spicy(of course) The choice fell on a decant of Vol de nuit.(Thank you Moondeva!) Felt I had to dress up to get the weekend started and match the scent.

For some reason I felt compelled to wear Anais Anais today. This has never happened before, but I knew I kept that little mini for some reason...
    Anyway, it's giving me a headache; this is strong stuff! But I'm going to leave it for awhile and try to get to know it better.
    I strongly suspect that I'll be in Trouble (heehee) before supper time.
    Last edited by pellen; 12th October 2007 at 04:34 PM.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    Tang....Congrats on the new job!!! Must be fall and change is in the air....
    Thank you, sakecat22! Belated well-wishes on your interview also -- you said it would be a win-win situation, but I hope you get the win you're looking for.

After asking "what to wear" to a job interview, I've been digging through old threads about what (not) to wear to the office/library. (This wasn't an issue before, because I had only one perfume!) It's been very helpful.

Shadesofbleu, crossing my fingers for you, too!
    Last edited by tang; 12th October 2007 at 04:49 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Black Cashmere. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by pellen View Post
    For some reason I felt compelled to wear Anais Anais today. This has never happened before, but I knew I kept that little mini for some reason...
    Anyway, it's giving me a headache; this is strong stuff! But I'm going to leave it for awhile and try to get to know it better.
    I strongly suspect that I'll be in Trouble (heehee) before supper time.
    Strong? Blimey, that's not how I remember Anais Anais. I wore it for years back in the early 80s. I think of it as light and almost powdery. Strange how we react to fragrances isn't it? I haven't sniffed AA for ages though, so maybe my memory is playing tricks with me...
    Last edited by Clemmie; 12th October 2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Yves Rocher "A New Day Dawns"

So exhausted after the trip, took a nap to wake up with the headache and put on Celine Fever -- a very nice Oriental not so many people know about.

Guess what is the best thing in coming home after a trip? Of course, freedom of choice: you sleep if you want to, you can wear whatever you want, you can cook the way aha aha you like it!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Guess what is the best thing in coming home after a trip? Of course, freedom of choice: you sleep if you want to, you can wear whatever you want, you can cook the way aha aha you like it!
    Same goes for after the company leaves. Daughter's girlfriend departed our home earlier this week, and we could get back to sloppy normal.

SotE: Nuits de Noho.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Aaaaah. A blissful evening alone! Daughters #1 an #2 are sleeping over at their friends houses. Hubby is on his way to Charlotte NC to go to a race with my brother. I am here with a stack of movies, a good book and a bottle of wine! Oh, and I am trying out Ava Luxe No. 23 and I love it

Sounds like all you ladies are settling in nicely - snugging down comfy and relaxed!!

In your honor I am luxuriating in my newly-arrived Ambre Russe - just couldn't resist. Worth living on canned beans and celery for-ever!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

This morning I put on Shalimar and then scrubbed the laundry room floor. Cognitive dissonance, anyone?

And best of luck to the jobseekers!

I said hello to a beautiful fall day with Black Orchid. It smelled so good mixed in with the cool crisp breeze blowing today.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Re: SotD Friday 12 October

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aurbepine Acacia for SotE. Very nice citrus and hawthorne background. Large presence for a while and then it mellows into a slow dance toward resinous pine and lemon. Nice ending of the day and definitely Unisex. Can't say enough nice things about this wonderful noseful!
    Last edited by kbe; 13th October 2007 at 02:39 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

DSH Something Blue from her Perfect Day Wedding Collection.

Top notes: Blue Hydrangea
    Middle notes: Freesia, French Linden Blossom, Ivy, Sweet Pea, Violet
    Base notes: Brazilian Vetiver, Orris

Very nice, I like this one, even though I'm not a bride.

Curling up with a sample of Ava Luxe's Loukhoum, which is unlike anything else I have. Very nice!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Just got home from a night out dinner and movie with a girlfriend. Couldn't resist a spritz of Royal English Leather as I head off to bed.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I did switch to Trouble once the Anais Anais wore off and now, after drinks and snacks with our friends, I'll be satisfying that AL Milk craving again.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Romance Silver....Gary