Code of Conduct

Default Your Bad Mood Days Fragrances Choices

I am in a crappy mood. Five hours waiting at the airport for a one-hour flight back to NYC from a business trip I sorely did not want to be involved in at all! I am going in sometime tomorrow, not sure when, but I know I will be in a bad mood, and I want a fragrance that subtley expresses how I feel about the place. I am thinking a nice dose of Aramis as an FU. What else would say what I am thinking about my dear, darling co-workers and "that place"?
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 12th October 2007 at 03:43 AM.

Default Re: Your Bad Mood Days Fragrances Choices

Don't be "that cologne guy" -- it'll just give you a headache.

The SECRET is to dump a whole bottle of Tabu on the carpet when no one's looking.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 12th October 2007 at 12:38 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

pee on the carpet
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Off-Scenter

Something confrontational, like Route du Vetiver, Black Aoud, Black Tourmaline, or Yatagan.

I'm with Vibert. I think some funky spike up the nose like Parfum d'Habit, Yatagan, Aramis (you got it!), or maybe Xeryus (I don't exactly know why that one though, just seems right).

I remember a thread long long ago in which a member said he'd heard from a woman who was a boss that she had an easier time firing people when she wore one of the Chanels, one that resembled Grey Flannel, because of an icy quality it gave off.

There are times I think Royal English Leather would be a good FU too, but since I started to like the stuff I now think it is too beautiful for the put off. Sables might be a good hard fortress wall around you, and Eau du Fier too, after said fortress came under attack and was burned.

I've taken a long time creating this post because I've thought through all my collection and want to think of more scents to suggest. Hope someone has a good idea and you get it in time for application in the morning.

Don't feel better soon,
    --Chris
    --------------------------------------
    I thought of another. Helumt Lang edp. A snarling dirty musk. Doesn't smell really pretty, but it's mean. Not a musk that seems sexual, fetishistic, or nudge-nudge I'm' glad to say, but a dry, dirty, snarly, FU of a musk.
    --Chris
    Last edited by DustB; 12th October 2007 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Pepper yourself HEAVILY with JOOP or Kouros, and make the punters regret the day you walked through the door...

Layer some A*men with some Messe de Minuit.. Maybe add a spray or two of CK Eternity. That'll do the trick.

I got a headache just typing that.

Just layer yourself with at least three powerhouse scents (obviously ones that don't compliment each other) and take the pleasure in watching everyone hurl...

Thanks guys, some good ideas here. I was thinking after posting last night that Blenheim from Penhaligon would be good too. But I don't own it, and don't like it ,so I won't buy it just for today. Think I will go with Aramis, which I usually wear with a two discreet sprays, just add two more, and out the door!

Joe

PS Smelled Kouros again at the Duty Free in Toronto last evening cooling my heels for hours, and boy did it smell like airport lav urinals. Sometimes I think I like/love it and "woof!" sometime NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Thanks guys, some good ideas here. I was thinking after posting last night that Blenheim from Penhaligon would be good too. But I don't own it, and don't like it ,so I won't buy it just for today. Think I will go with Aramis, which I usually wear with a two discreet sprays, just add two more, and out the door!

Joe

PS Smelled Kouros again at the Duty Free in Toronto last evening cooling my heels for hours, and boy did it smell like airport lav urinals. Sometimes I think I like/love it and "woof!" sometime NOT.
    Ha...I laughed at "woof".

I've got a bottle of civet if you really want to upset everyone.

Just wear something that smells expensive and gives the impression that you are in control and that this job is just one of those annoying little things you have to do on the way to where you want to go.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Sex Panther. Made with bits of real panther.
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Just wear something that smells expensive and gives the impression that you are in control and that this job is just one of those annoying little things you have to do on the way to where you want to go.
    No. 88 fits that bill, always ....
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I wear Zino on such occasions. It makes me feel confident, ensnares the unsuspecting, and punishes the wicked.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    pee on the carpet
    I agree with this vote for Kouros.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Kouros! The all-purpose fragrance!

You might also trying layering Kouros with Diptyque l'Autre. That would surely take the starch out of their shorts.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    pee on the carpet
    Or just go to the drugstore and buy a bottle of Navy for Men. It absolutely reeks (on me at least). Brown sugar, cat pee and BO.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

Haha, funny that you all mention Kouros! In fact, it *is* the fragrance I wear when I'm in a bad mood. I wear it because I think it will make people leave me alone, but for some reason, I tend to get lots of little nods from people and whatnot... odd, but true.

Which reminds me, I should wear this more often...

What do you think the nods mean when you wear Kouros?

I for one get tons of compliments with Kouros -- always have.

Rule number one with Kouros, though: DO NOT OVER-APPLY.
    It's in the same family as Polo and (eek!) A*men in that a little too much can make all the difference in the world.
    (Four squirts gets me through a whole day just fine, as opposed to seven or eight with Tabac, and at least as many with Eau Sauvage.)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 13th October 2007 at 01:22 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I think this one calls for a rather strong dose of Vulva.

Cool Re: Your Bad Mood Days Fragrances Choices

Hm . . .

I can see the Aramis. Of course if you don't mind getting fired, two powehouse Oakmoss scents that make Aramis look like a child's play by comparison are the exquisitely obnoxious Carlo Corinto (not to be confused with Carlo Corito Vetiver) and the clove-bomb Jacomo de Jacomo---both guaranteed to kill a bloodhound at ten paces, and both with amazing longevity . . .

Route du Vetiver is just too cruel

Pity you don't like the Blenheim Bouquet but if you want to "get confrontational", there's always Vintage Tabarome.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.