Code of Conduct

Default OMG, I broke the perfume!

I went on a mega shopping spree today...but wait, wasn't there a thread recently where i said I was broke and couldn't afford anything? oops. Well I didn't buy any fragrances, but I did go on a mega-sniff

Well anyway, I guess I was in a bad mood after popping a tire, and having to replace two for the same approximate price of one bottle of Serge Lutens frag. Dammit.

So I hit the mall and besides buying some odds and ends I don't really need, I went mega sniffing...I mean MEGA sniffing. The problem is that when I tried to spritz Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT, the top of the spray mechanism went FLYING across Bloomingdales. So what did I do? I put the cap back on, sniffed a couple more and FLEW out of there. So much for Bloomies. And then I stole a bunch of blotters at Sephora. I was a VERY bad girl today.

I did score a Donna Karan Cashmere Mist body creme sample, and three Givenchy samples of Irresistable. Got the SA at Sephora to make me samples of Fracas, Must de Cartier, and Shalimar. She was annoyed with me.

What I sniffed:

Must de Cartier - LOVED it!
    Le Baiser du Dragon - LOVED it!
    Kelly Caleche - LOVED it!
    Caleche - liked it a lot, but prefered Kelley Caleche. I want to try them both again
    24 Faubourg - liked it but didn't love it
    Coco Mademoiselle - Loved it, and I was not expecting to as I loved the original Coco at its original release back in the 80s
    Miss Dior - SA barely spritzed the card so I couldn't really get much of anything.
    J'Adore - Ditto
    Fracas - LOVED it, but could see why others wouldn't
    Angel - eh, big chocolate at beginning...not really for me, but i can see why most do love it
    multitudes of Bulgari...SA loved spritzing Bulgaris of differing hues. S'ok, but none of em rocked my world - still waiting to try Bulgari Black
    Agent Provocateur. Great blotter! I almost broke that one too. Liked it a lot
    LAMB - awesome looking blotter, but sprayer clogged at one place, and was out of juice at the other
    Burberry Brit. - liked it more this time; regretting Burberry London purchase
    the new Donna Karan from enthusiastic frag pusher. meh. ditto cashmere mist
    same with a buncha Estee Lauder frags -- think my nose was getting tired
    Tom Ford - Black Orchid LOVED LOVED LOVED
    Gaultier - s'ok
    Light Blue -s'ok
    Marc Jacobs Daisy and MJ - s'ok
    Covet - tester out of juice
    YSL - Paris - last one sniffed, and I loved
    Lolita Lempicka - not for me, but can see the appeal, just as with Angel
    Paris Hilton - I sniffed this? I just found the blotter with her name but it must have been so traumatic I blocked it from my memory.

So there you have it. The big winners:
    Coco Mademoiselle
    Kelly Caleche
    Le Baiser du Dragon
    Must du Cartier
    Fracas
    Tom Ford - Black Orchid

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Default Re: OMG, I broke the perfume!

That's a lllllllllllllllllllllllotta sniffin'.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaKulpa View Post

Paris Hilton - I sniffed this? I just found the blotter with her name but it must have been so traumatic I blocked it from my memory.
    Hee hee hee!
    You didn't by any chance see the other thread about sniffing PH's Can Can did you?

Sorry. I know I'm terribly childish. :-)
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I'm surprised you didn't break your nose after sniffing all those frags, but you will break your bank account if you buy everything you liked.
    Next time, buy a bunch of 1 ml vials, take them with you, and put a few spritzes in each. By the time you get home, you will have enough samples to amuse yourself for weeks.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 12th October 2007 at 01:29 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiaKulpa View Post
    The problem is that when I tried to spritz Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT, the top of the spray mechanism went FLYING across Bloomingdales. I put the cap back on and FLEW out of there.

Until you get used to your bionic parts, Jaime Sommers,
    these things are going to happen.
    Wow, my nose is tired just thinking about all those frags.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

Until you get used to your bionic parts, Jaime Sommers,
    these things are going to happen.
    Wow, my nose is tired just thinking about all those frags.
    LOL on the bionic woman reference

::*bionic* sound effect as sniffing::

oh and don't worry purplebird, I'm not buying everything; after all I haven't even hit the niche frags yet. I'll be content with samples and decants...I still have to go sniffing and sample gathering at Nordstrom -- they are supposed to be very generous with samples. ::*bionic* sound effect as sniffing:: The BYOVial idea is great!

Wordbird:
    *snort*

I do recall the paris hilton thread. *evil grin*

Wow I'm still tired...but I smell grrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaat. (my odd layers of coco mademoiselle, Fracas, Kelly Caleche, and Must de Cartier led three girls to frantically look around going, "where is that smell coming from?! It smells sooooooooooooo goooooooood!")

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Your top faves are amongst mine. I'm still waiting for my sample of Fracas (and Bandit), and I haven't tried Must de Cartier, but Coco Mademoiselle and Le Baiser du Dragon are firmly on my fave list and get worn regularly. It's lovely when others comment on how great you smell. My Black Cashmere went down a treat at the office today. :-)
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby