Code of Conduct

Post Parlux, Nicole Miller sign fragrance deal

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned... but Parlux has signed a five-year deal with Nicole Miller to launch a new line of fragrances.

For those of you history buffs: The old Nicole Miller fragrance license with Riviera Concepts was terminated long ago, and direct-marketing company Melaleuca (best known for vitamins and personal care products) signed a cosmetics deal shortly afterwards that was to include a women's fragrance (which never launched).

Still, an all-new Nicole Miller fragrance (my bet: a women's scent) should be launching in the US in fall 2008. But don't get your hopes up regarding a return of Nicole Miller For Men in its original form... I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a Nicole Miller men's scent under the Parlux deal, but it will be a totally different beast.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Parlux, Nicole Miller sign fragrance deal

Wow, surprised there was no follow-up on this one. The vintage NMfM have a Rivera Concepts of Toronto, Canada sticker on the bottom of the bottles, whereas the new bottles have a Parlux sticker. The boxes look the same but the information on the back is a bit different, as one BN reviewer has already noted (in the directory). The old formulation is much subtler, and stays true all the way. The new one is stronger up top (and quite nice) but the base is more generic (vanilla musk kind of thing).