Code of Conduct

Default Out of these 3 scents, which is best for outdoors?

I've got a hiking date on the 27th this month, where I live it's still gonna be fairly warm outside (probably low-mid 80s).

I own 4 scents at the moment. Dreamer by Versace, Chrome by Azzaro, Burberry for Men, and Millésime Impérial by Creed.

I'm pretty sure the Dreamer is out of the question. I already know she loves the Chrome on me. I've worn the Burberry around her once and she liked it, but not as much as Chrome. I've never worn the Creed around her (and I doubt she's ever smelled it before, my age group tends to stick with Abercrombie and stuff )

So which should I try for this occasion?
    Last edited by TwomSix; 12th October 2007 at 11:35 PM.

Cool Re: Out of these 3 scents, which is best for outdoors?

The MI--- It's the 80 degree temperature.
    Or Chrome--though the name always sounded like a disease to me.

Hiking at 80 degrees? Hm . . . Can you talk her into laying with you on a hammock in the shade instead?

btw, Abercrombie has the greatest mediocre scents around

Stay awaaayyy!!

And welcome to the madness

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Default Re: Out of these 3 scents, which is best for outdoors?

Personally I don't like Chrome, but I think it is the best choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    The MI--- It's the 80 degree temperature.
    Or Chrome--though the name always sounded like a disease to me.

Hiking at 80 degrees? Hm . . . Can you talk her into laying with you on a hammock in the shade instead?

btw, Abercrombie has the greatest mediocre scents around

Stay awaaayyy!!

And welcome to the madness

Cheers,

Mario
    Thanks, and ha, we'll be alright. We're both from Texas, and she's an outdoorsy type. I'll just bring lots of water. I'm gonna try and get us there early in the morning so it'll hopefully be cooler.

I was leaning toward the MI as well.

I'd go for the Creed. If not, Chrome would be my second choice. Have fun!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

I`d go with the Creed.

None of the above. If I HAD to wear one, I would go with the Millesime Imperial, but applied very lightly. One of the best parts of the outdoors (i.e., hikes) is the sounds and smells of nature. The last thing I would really want to smell on a hike is someone else's cologne. But that is just me.

Plus, sweat can be pretty damn sexy.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 14th October 2007 at 12:00 AM.

Judging on what i have read for Creed and in particularly for MI here one BN, I can say that there is hardly any reason you shouldnt go with it. And I believ if she likes Chrome she would love MI.Pls come back to tells us what happened

Blog Entries

I, too, would wear the MI. Chrome is a great scent...but I don't know how well it would mix with sweat!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    None of the above. If I HAD to wear one, I would go with the Millesime Imperial, but applied very lightly. One of the best parts of the outdoors (i.e., hikes) is the sounds and smells of nature. The last thing I would really want to smell on a hike is someone else's cologne. But that is just me.

Exactly. Living in the city, I really miss the smells of nature. I grew up out in the country and the smell of walking through the woods is better than anything for me. If you need a light dose of something to keep you from smelling too funky, I'd second a light application of MI-- because I think it feels more natural than the others you mentioned.

More recently there are days that I decide to eschew fragrance and just go out of the house and I've noticed that my sense of smell is MUCH more attuned to my surroundings than when I'm waltzing around like a perfumed freak 24/7. The stuff you miss in life when you're busy inhaling your own fumes-- you'd be surprised!

Good luck

I don't wear perfume when I'm hiking or camping, I just use a good clean smelling soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post

I'm with Nicolas.

But, a nice woodsy frag might be a good thing to add to your repertoire if you like hiking frequently and also wearing fragrance.

Suggestions: Terre d'Hermes, Guerlain Vetiver, Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia, Creed Original Vetiver
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

ófrom "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    I, too, would wear the MI. Chrome is a great scent...but I don't know how well it would mix with sweat!
    I wore Chrome a lot this summer and it did really well in lasting through sweaty, hot situations and still smelled really great, if not better! I would still go with Millesome Imperial. I don't really like the scent but it will probably fit your situation the best out of the 3 you have listed. Enjoy the date! Don't sweat on your date too much...