Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday 13th October

Morning folks, can't believe I'm first up!

In Coney Island today and tomorrow - I'm going to a big fun fair today and then maybe an amusment park the day after.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Default Re: SotD Saturday 13th October

Have fun, Indiscreet!

I'm in Kelly Caleche today.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Good morning!

Helmut Lang EdP again. Have a wonderful weekend!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Amouage Dia
    Wishlist is pointless.

Good morning, sweethearts! Today it's Parfumerie Générale Haramens for me.
    Note for ComDiva: a Cuir D'Iris does indeed exist in the PG line (have a decant myself) and it is totally different from Cuir Venenum! So your sample is marked correctly.

Yesterday my job interview went very well, thanks also to the enourmous wave of good vibes sent by all of you , fuelled by wishes, good luck dances and mantra chanting! :wave:

The position was meant for me and I was meant for that job and everybody was enthusiastic but.....I would have had to relocate to another town. Eh. So I was the one to say no thank you.

The positive side is that other chances came up suddenly, so I will have a quite busy job evaluating time ahead of me .

Riding high on an ego boost I also bought myself a beautiful pair of shoes...high-heeled, black suede pumps edged in pearly--metallic caramel leather with a gorgeous tied ribbon motif
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 13th October 2007 at 09:56 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I have no idea what to wear today. But I'm going shopping in Royal Tunbridge Wells, so maybe I will go perfume-less and sample when I'm there...
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

A 'yay' to ego boosts Certainly when they lead you to something 'high heeled and beautiful'. A pity Coconut is not here,
    she would demand pictures in full colour, My Lady_In_Black.

Oh well, another day, another opportunity for you. At least you are a 'wanted woman'

Feeling very sweet and cuddly in Rahat Loukoum

::and how long will that last, I wonder::

Great weekend to you all.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Good to hear there are plenty of chances on your path, LiB! Surely those pumps will prove useful on your next interview

A very bright day out there, so I can't help but fall for my lavender-love:

Eau Illuminee by Parfums DelRae
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Glad it went so well LIB. And its nice sometimes to be able to turn things down. Very good for the self-esteem.

Today I'm trying Blue Agave and Cacao. Surprised by the power of the cocoa at first - didn't expect it to really smell like chocolate. (Yes, I know! Doh!) After that I had to have pain au chocolat for breakfast. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Hello, I miss you all. My Eczema is much better now, though the area near my neck is still a little dry.

Anyways, I was away in Macau for 3 days for my work offsite meeting. I had a lot of presentations and bits and pieces to prepare before I went. Thankfully, the whole meeting went smoothly and everyone at work had a very good time (We went hiking and did a few bonding exercises together) and enjoyed each other's company. I bought a few samples and decants to wear when I was away, namely: Miller Harris Tangerine Vert. Kenzo Summer, Bond No. 9 Eau de Noho. I have also visited the new Venetian in Macau and managed to loose a bit of money... anyways...

I would love to see LIB in heels. May I?

Having a nice relaxing day at home so far.Snuggling up in Trouble Have a wonderful weekend people!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

No.032 Bay Rum by C.O. Bigelow Apothecary
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Riding high on an ego boost I also bought myself a beautiful pair of shoes...high-heeled, black suede pumps edged in pearly--metallic caramel leather with a gorgeous tied ribbon motif
    Those shoes sound amazing! That is the perfect way to top off a great day as far as I am concerned. Congratulations on the new opportunities and the shoes

Feeling warm and snug in Gres Cabaret.

Hope you feel better, Coco! Glad to hear that you feel good, Lady_in_Black.

While walking our doggie still in the dark, I ran into a spider web and caught it with my hair and face. If it the same spider that lived there last year, it grows to be 4 cm in diameter and has a scary looking pale yellow H on its back. I am happy I did not bring it inside!

.... a beautiful pair of shoes...high-heeled, black suede pumps edged in pearly--metallic caramel leather with a gorgeous tied ribbon motif
    Va Va Voooom! And you sure live in the right town for shoe-buying - of COURSE you wouldn't want to leave!! Rock on, Baby!!

With my Ambre Russe, Luckyscent sent huge samples of other PdeE's - notably Equistrius "Orris, violet, rice powder, chocolate, ambrette, sandalwood, vetiver, grey amber" but I swear it comes off like chocolate leather and cigars! Just GAWJUSS. Keeps changing. Wish I could send samples to every one of you. Goes great with my Lapsang Souchong and breakfast of beans and cheese. (Are you listening WordBird?!!)

Down at the beach the Bhutan monks have been working on a colored sand Mandala amid color photographs of their beautiful cloud kingdom of The Thundering Dragon. Tomorrow the whole project - which they have been creating 24/7 since Tuesday - will be swept up and tossed into the winds over the ocean. It all just fits together!!

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Bois des Iles parfum.
    DONNA

this morning's posts are filled with wonderful imagery : LIB's sexy new pumps and colored Mandalas swirling into the ocean! wow! Not to mention near misses with big hairy spiders!

Today I am in Chanel no 5 AGAIN.
    In the words of Tinker, I am have shamelessly joined the ranks of the Chanel sluts!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Good morning, sweethearts! Today it's Parfumerie Générale Haramens for me.
    Note for ComDiva: a Cuir D'Iris does indeed exist in the PG line (have a decant myself) and it is totally different from Cuir Venenum! So your sample is marked correctly.

Yesterday my job interview went very well, thanks also to the enourmous wave of good vibes sent by all of you , fuelled by wishes, good luck dances and mantra chanting! :wave:

The position was meant for me and I was meant for that job and everybody was enthusiastic but.....I would have had to relocate to another town. Eh. So I was the one to say no thank you.

The positive side is that other chances came up suddenly, so I will have a quite busy job evaluating time ahead of me .

That is the BEST feeling - when they want you more than you want them! Hold out for the perfect opportunity

I'll still be rooting for you - even if I don't quite have mikeperez23's dance moves or everyone else's meditative vibes. Just listen for the psychotic american cheerleader in the corner

Wearing Ayala Morel's Arsenal today. The top note is a dead ringer for a gin and tonic made with lots of lime. This might be the beverage of choice this evening. Of course, it was the beverage of choice last night too....and the night before.....

I'm inspired and will be slutty too today and join rtamara in Chanel 22. Will we have all the Chanel numbers covered off today?

Big hairy spiders? Yuck! Although one that size will do wonders to control all the other insects buzzing around.

My son has a huge centipede living with him in his lower level apartment. He purposely keeps it around (ie, does not kill it), to control all the other insects. It works! There's nothing else but the centipede down there. I've learned to step around his little friend.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I had to change, because there arrived a lovely package of ComDiva!

Now, I'm in Darling - Long Lost Perfumes. I feel I'm going to like this very much.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Hi, everyone! Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir for me today.

Thanks for the clarification, LIB! Good to know, since I *really* liked the Cuir d'Iris (especially on drydown) and was questioning my nose because I wasn't getting the notes described in the rather unenthusiastic reviews to Cuir Venenum here. Happy to learn that the two scents are not the same!

Question: Does anyone know if Cuir d'Iris is available only in Europe? Priced the same as the other PGs? I couldn't even find it on the official PG web site.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Bulgari Black today - I want to bathe in the stuff, though I practically have already because it has absolutely no lasting power on me. I hope it's just because it's so cold today, I'd buy a big bottle if I didn't have to reapply every half hour!

I'm in "Heebie Jeebies" after reading about centipedes and spiders!

Wearing Love's True Bluish Light.
    Sniff and let sniff.

summer means fireflys

... high-heeled, black suede pumps edged in pearly--metallic caramel leather with a gorgeous tied ribbon motif
    I WANT those shoes!

I'm testing Paco Rabanne Black XS today (thanks to Scentsibility for the sample :wave: )

Top note : Calabrian Lemon, Kalamanzi, Tagète, Sage
    Middle note : Praline, Cinnamon, Tolu Balm, Black Cardamom
    Base note : Rosewood, Ebony, Patchouli, Black Amber
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Le Labo, Vetiver 46

A beautiful sunny day in Norway. I have been wearing Narciso Rodriguez for work. Think I will change to L'Heure Bleue after a shower

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    And purplebird - I can smell your sillage (from Knowing) all the way here in Miami...!
    Ha! Must've been some powerful jet stream.
    I ended up wearing it at a bonfire last night. The wood smoke tamed it nicely.
    O.K. Mike, I'll put on Mitsouko EDT today.
    How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Question: Does anyone know if Cuir d'Iris is available only in Europe? Priced the same as the other PGs? I couldn't even find it on the official PG web site.
    ComDiva, it's on the website: 1.7 oz is no. 327, and it's 95 Euro; 3.4 oz is no. 328, that's 145 Euro. You can search with the number, and then order.

I am wearing La Myrrhe by Serge.

Quote Originally Posted by lievje View Post
    ComDiva, it's on the website: 1.7 oz is no. 327, and it's 95 Euro; 3.4 oz is no. 328, that's 145 Euro. You can search with the number, and then order.
    Exactly, lievje! There are some scents that are so mysterious they haven't even been reviewed by the usual perfume bloggers, except for moonfish - but in Russian language Cuir d'Iris, my beloved Haramens and Marilyn and John among them.

For Coco (you won't see LiB in high heels as yet but at least you see LiB's new heels - and a glimpse of my furry baby who just CANNOT stay away ) and the other fellow shoe fans:

Ava Luxe's FILM NOIR...so good, so good, so very, very good!

Dear Lievje and Lady in Black --

THANK YOU for helping me find Cuir d'Iris!!! I really enjoy the quick leather start with sharp, clear green iris notes, that somehow manages to dry down to the faintest suede, pale floral and benzoin.

Now I just have to figure out whether a) they ship Stateside; and b) I can live on my sample until I win the lottery.

PS: LIB, I *want* your shoes!!!! Allergic to kitties, I'm afraid, although I love them.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

ComDiva, here's Pierre Guillaume's description of his Cuir d'Iris:
    "An ancient and rare leather, powdered with sumptuous black iris, and flavoured with grapes and dark chocolate. Notes: Cardamom, bergamot, black iris, leather, tannin and Rizophora wood." Thanks to my perfume mentor, Gerald

Thanks to my perfume mentor, Gerald
    We are ALL indebted to Gerald. The man is amazing.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

You kids are so entertaining today. Love you all.

Mail brought Etro Lemon Sorbet from Mike and Carriere from Chardkay so I'm smelling lemony fresh. Dang menopausal heat has me seeking out the freshest scents. Hope this phase doesn't last much longer.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Musc Ravageur for the rest of the evening.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Touch for Men by Fred Hayman

Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque

Last edited by pluran; 13th October 2007 at 08:35 PM.

Went out with the Mr Steakhouse for a brief drink with Fracas.

LIB, the shoes are delicious, what shoes size are you?

Niki de Saint Phalle over the matching cream

I wanted a "patchouli rose" today, but don't have one so I layered Poussiere de Rose over Montale's Patchouli Leaves. It's not exactly what I had in mind, but it's alright. I think a brighter, fresher rose might have worked better.
    LiB - Great shoes!
    Last edited by pellen; 13th October 2007 at 07:24 PM.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Totally cravable shoes!
    And I want to see pix of the sand painting too. Love ephemeral art.
    Quadrille today!

Sote is Chanel no 22. A sample from Buffalo Gals I think.So far very dry and powdery.

Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Fracas.

I have been wearing Donna Karan Gold today.
    It reminds me of the old Caleche!?!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I just took another shower! I am going to wear a favorite that I have not worn for a while.....Organza Indecence. My Hubby and my Mom are out of town so the little Princesses and I are taking my Dad out to dinner!

Escada Collection for tonight

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

SotE = Dunhill Edition
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Purple Label by RL.....Gary

Layered Susanne Lang Cashmere with Susanne Lang Midnight Orchid - intoxicatingly lovely.

SotE: Brulure de Rose by Parfumerie Generale
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

something came over me tonight - must have been inspired by those shoes! - and now I find myself in FRACAS for the first time ever!

I steered clear of this in stores, Fracas and paperstrips do not a beauty make -
    but tonight I dabbed a bit on my wrist, a vial that one of you loverly folks sent to me,
    and WOW!

I had to smile. It's so wild and naughty, but pretty and flowery at the same time.
    This wild thing has more in common with Bandit than meets the eye.
    I can see here that less is more, it packs a potent punch this beauty, and I think the cold weather suits it best for me at least.

Plus, I have Tiptoeing through Chambers of the Moon on my other wrist, which is a soft powdery sweet transparent little pretty.

I bought my daughter With Love from Hilary Duff last night, and it is a lovely frag and makes one feel girly, hence my little encounters of the evening, as above.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

L'Instant de Guerlain
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay