Code of Conduct

Default What would you wear if you were a stripper?

OK, so last night as I was enjoying a lap dance I noticed the perfume the girl was wearing. Nothing special, just some generic frag. She told me what it was (I told her she smelled nice) but I can't remember the name. Guess I was too wrapped up with her other qualities.......:-)

Anyway, it made me think about how wearing the "right" frag would make the stripper more seductive, generate more tips, etc. However, you would also need to make sure it would be universally liked and not be overbearing when you worked up a sweat dancing. Longevity would also be important.

So, if you were a stripper, what would you wear?

Out of the ones I have I think it would be a light application of D&G Masculine.
    Last edited by Mattybumpkin; 13th October 2007 at 02:48 PM.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Default Re: What would you wear if you were a stripper?

I'd get all hot sweaty and tasty smelling with Dior Homme .... mmmmmm, that's hot!

Escada Magnetism.

Banned

Bois du Portugal

There is a standard fragrance for strippers, although I can't recall the name at the moment. Anyone know?

Dunhill Edition
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Gendarme

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    There is a standard fragrance for strippers, although I can't recall the name at the moment. Anyone know?
    I think it's Eau de Skank

Basenotes Institution

True story:

Enjoying the fine entertainment of male strippers in Montreal about a year ago (I usually don't do that sort of thing...but ever so often it can be goofy, giggling fun) I had the pleasure to enjoy the 'entertainment' of a huge Brazilian 'bodybuilder type' stripper.

When he leaned in, I got the strong scent of a mens fragrance that I couldn't identify - I thought it was perfect for him: slightly ambery, a little orange blossom (in a Brut kind of way) and not too strong. I asked him what cologne he was wearing and he said he wasn't wearing any cologne at all...I must be smelling his underarm deodorant which was Axe Body Spray, the one named Kilo.

No lie.

I laughed to myself and complimented him on his choice of deodorant.

Mental note to self: Don't be such a fragrance 'snob'...cheap, dimestore fragrances sometimes smell pretty friggin good sometimes.

Id say something generically fruity/floral would work in the industry. Non-offensive, innocent and puuurrrtty... think 'pink'...

Perhaps, if I were to suggest one with some Basenotes 'street-cred' that covers these bases, Id go with Guerlain's "Insolence". Meow!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 13th October 2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo

prob. McQueen's Kingdom, as it already smells a little sexy dirty. Or Sandalo e The by Bois 1920, it definitely is also a little on the post-Orgasm side of things as well.
    Last edited by bront82; 13th October 2007 at 05:19 PM.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

This thread reminds me of a favorite John Waters film, Pecker. Those who've seen it will likely understand.

If I were dancing in a club catering to women, I would wear something that encouraged them to touch. Women have tendency to want to touch the dancers more than men. Light applications of Kama, Rose 31, Rose Poivree, Musc Ravageur, Black Aoud, and M7 would be my choices.

If I were dancing in a club catering to men, my choices would be more musky and/or classicly masculine. Men have tendency to touch less than women, but they are better tippers. Rose Poivree, Rose 31, Antaeus would top the list.

No tea bagging though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    True story:

Enjoying the fine entertainment of male strippers in Montreal about a year ago (I usually don't do that sort of thing...but ever so often it can be goofy, giggling fun)[/I]
    Ah! No trip to Montreal is complete without going to at least one ot the many strip clubs along St. Cats and St. Laurent. Full contact, baby! Yeeeauh!! It is one of the many reasons I love Montreal so much..besides going to clubs Stereo and Aria..

If I were a stripper, I couldn't see myself wearing anything other than MKK.
    Last edited by Quixotiq; 13th October 2007 at 05:34 PM.

smeller

Body Kouros, of course. That's pretty obvious.

Alternatives: A'men, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, Opium, Very Irresistible, L'Instant.

No one of those frags match my conservative straight personality, no matter how great they can smell. But if I were a stripper - perhaps they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Id say something generically fruity/floral would work in the industry. Non-offensive, innocent and puuurrrtty... think 'pink'...

Perhaps, if I were to suggest one with some Basenotes 'street-cred' that covers these bases, Id go with Guerlain's "Insolence". Meow!
    Jesus, how naive am I?!
    In my reponse above I was speaking from the perspective of the female stripper mattybumpkin mentioned.
    SO, if I were a stripper i'd go with a hefty squirt (pardon the innuendo) of Gaultier2.
    The amber and vanilla when warmed on the skin is hooooot baby!

sunglasses and a broad grin !
    Last edited by narcus; 13th October 2007 at 06:51 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    This thread reminds me of a favorite John Waters film, Pecker. Those who've seen it will likely understand...

No tea bagging though.
    'Tea bagging'...I had forgotten about that line in the movie. LOL!

I once was a stripper at a hotel. Had to wear a face mask to not breathe in the fumes.
    Those back-hallway floors looked so sparkling white when i was done with them!!

Oh sorry...you guys mean the OTHER kind of stripper!!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Blog Entries

At the one strip club I've been to, the girls all smelled like some kind of coconut body oil. Smelled pretty good up close . If I were a stripper (Lord help us all) I'd prolly wear Musc Ravageur.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

It depends. My first thought was Kouros, which is by far the sleaziest scent I own, but now I'm thinking that I might want to play it off a bit differently if I really were a stripper. I'm a pretty hairy, muscular guy, so if I were a stripper I might wear something like Yatagan or, if I were in a real high class joint, maybe even LV Vetiver or Bois du Portugal.

I'd probably go with A*Men...

Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Off-Scenter

If I were a stripper the room would be empty, so I don't imagine it would matter. However, if I were advising a stripper I'd suggest Musc Ravageur, Ambre Sultan, or perhaps Nuit Noire.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotiq View Post
    Ah! No trip to Montreal is complete without going to at least one ot the many strip clubs along St. Cats and St. Laurent. Full contact, baby! Yeeeauh!! It is one of the many reasons I love Montreal so much..besides going to clubs Stereo and Aria.
    Yeah, Montreal is a cool city, I want to go to this event for the winter, but I doubt I'll get to go...BTW, I think Aria closed down....

Montreal is one of my fave cities! You gotta check out club Taboo on St Catherine! haha sexy :P

oh... and Givenchy Pi
    Last edited by gregmech26; 13th October 2007 at 10:38 PM.

I was a reporter early in my career, and one of my "feature" assignments was to interview a number of the male strippers working at the Boston Chippendale's review.

So there I sat, surrounded by a variety of lovely men... The dental school student who was putting himself through school stripping; the ex-army guy who converted his camoflague uniform into ripaways... All insisting that the worst thing about stripping was shaving/depilatory.

When I expressed skepticism, five men in tandem rolled up sleeves, unbuttoned shirts, and hiked up sweat pants, putting forth arms, chests and legs across the table.
    "Here," they said. "Feel." I felt. Smooth as silk.

I smiled.

"Feels great," I said.

"And looks great oiled up," they said. "But the depilatory smells God-awful!"

I had to agree.

Nobody at the time thought to recommend a fragrance to counteract the depilatory stink.

Now I think I'd suggest something like Lolita Lempika (for women) or Terre d'Hermes (for men).
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Angel...for Women...
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Is there a fragrance called "G-String?" If I were a female stripper, that's what I would wear. If I were going as myself (not advisable at my age, but let's assume I was still young), I'd have to design a scent called "Thong."
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    ..BTW, I think Aria closed down....
    Thats what I figured...That f*ckin sux!
    I was in Montreal earlier this year for the Jazz Festival and noticed not much happening along Saint-Denis after 11pm.. I didn't think about it much because I've been to Aria many times and wanted to check out Stereo again. If you ever get to go to Montreal.. go to Stereo!! The sound system ROCKS!!

(sorry for venturing off topic)

On women, I would prefer something very gourmand-ish.. like vanilla, chocolate, cotton candy..or jolly rancher grape-y... Instant wood!
    On men, I'd prefer something musky, animalic and not so perfume-y..

I would have to second Dior Homme. This one just works incredibly well mixed with sweat and low lights. Other than that, Kouros. Maybe Vulva. (just kidding) M7, applied very lightly. No doubt.

Something with a leather note.....and shoes......Gary

It was a month or two ago, but I remember reading in a thread (I am 99% sure that it was on Basenotes) that honey dust is a popular scent among high-class call girls. I assume its seductiveness would work just as well for strippers.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

my bf go-go dances and has been wearing Bulgari Pour Homme a lot lately

I don't if the scent would be right, but Maybe Baby sounds like the right kind of tease. :-P

AND, I just read this yesterday: "Lap dancers 'in heat' get better tips." Maybe it wasn't her perfume!

"What would you wear if you were a stripper?'..... probably nothing since it defeats the purpose of being a stipper with clothes on Sorry, just being a smart A$$ tonight after watching my college get beat.

I would want to wear Miss Dior just to be confusing, but, as Gypsy Rose Lee was advised, Ya gotta have a gimmick! so I might do a Spanish Dancer thing, come out in a Tarantala outfit and wear Habanita!!! That tap dance thing they do with their heels would look goooood if you were built right! hahahahaaaaa!!!

I once got quite closely acquainted to an exotic dancer that wore Miami, by J Lo.. Every time I smell that distinct scent, it would remind me of her... Up til today...

Wonder where she went...... =)

Cumming

Yeah....I went there
    Last edited by Aaron01; 14th October 2007 at 01:34 PM.

Whoops... totally missed the point there....
    I have no idea what I would wear IF I were one..

Maybe... something seductive...? Armani code maybe...

Bvlgari Black to go with my PVC Thing
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Musc Ravageur, Ungaro II or Balenciaga pour Homme if I were making good tips, as all have that distinctly erotic smell that intoxicates me. (The latter two have civet, too, which -- IMHO -- is very primal and sensual.) Pheromonal oil of some type applied in my armpit and crotch area, perhaps, to heighten the bump and grind.

If tips sucked, though, I'd have to go with Monsieur Musk (applied, of course, beneath my codpiece).

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Dior Fahrenheit, probably to match with the one piece mechanic suit as far as thematics go :-P